***** Rescue (Pepper Potts) *****

1235»

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    How is it Team Cap outnumbers Team Iron Man 58-33...and Rescue somehow isn't even added to Team Iron Man? Poor Tony, no love.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went up against a release-boosted champion Rescue + Bishop in pvp, it was formidable. I wonder how that is going to dial back after the boost goes away?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    "Genius intellect?" If she's so smart, maybe she should go get her PhD, so she can finally be known as...Dr. Pepper?

Thanks everyone, I'll see myself out!

Shut it down. Shut it all down. We're done here.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Has anyone found some good ways to leverage a 3/5/5 pepper?

Bishop, as noted by roadwarrior above, is a good start because he can turn her protect tiles into stuns and she can heal him to keep the stuns coming. 

Wasp/4* iron fist/Thor can all flip her protect tiles back into much more useful strikes, but was and Thor do so with yellow AP, so the synergy isn't great.

4* cage can passively generate protect tiles for her (and fortify them), but there is a lot of color overlap.

Any other obvious pairings that could leverage her strengths and mitigate her reliance on protect tiles?

Also, when does her blue make sense at all?  Seems like it could generate a lot of red against some opponents, like 2* bullseye or Carnage, and that might have limited value in pve. 

Ugh, she really seems like original riri, interesting ideas, but very poorly implemented. Maybe we can hope for a similarly good rework. . .
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2019
    Shuri/P4nther maybe? Panther does bonus damage for matching defend tiles away, Shuri can burn that red and make Rescue's already cheap powers cheaper. Whenever I've run Shuri/P4nther, the basic match damage for fortified defend tiles gets to be so high that it feels like the math is broken even on a 4* team, so with a 5* in the mix it should be decent. You've got color overlap coming out of your ears with this team, but i that doesn't really bother me much.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shuri/P4nther maybe? Panther does bonus damage for matching defend tiles away, Shuri can burn that red and make Rescue's already cheap powers cheaper. Whenever I've run Shuri/P4nther, the basic match damage for fortified defend tiles gets to be so high that it feels like the math is broken even on a 4* team, so with a 5* in the mix it should be decent. You've got color overlap coming out of your ears with this team, but i that doesn't really bother me much.
    Interesting idea. I never think of them as they were released as I was slipping into semi retirement.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    P4nther
    Rescue
    Magik 

you wanna flood the field with shields? How about fortified shields? How about 2 shields everytime a power goes off and you fortify any shields/strikes/attack tiles? P4nther does damage each time you match a shield but I’m not sure how high the damage could be. 

Also, Magik’s purple repeater puts more red tiles on the field every turn. 

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    P4nther
    Rescue
    Magik 

you wanna flood the field with shields? How about fortified shields? How about 2 shields everytime a power goes off and you fortify any shields/strikes/attack tiles? P4nther does damage each time you match a shield but I’m not sure how high the damage could be. 

Also, Magik’s purple repeater puts more red tiles on the field every turn. 

Nice, I was just coming here to mention Magik as well. Team with a good green-black and you have it made. I would suggest Hela as a 5* partner. Cheap multi-hit green to compliment Resuce's multi-red. I'd suggest playing Rescue's yellow prior to Hela's black though, you'll want to make sure the attack tiles stay on the board instead of converting them to protects. 
    Or go with Doc Ock, with his cheap green you'll be healing often, and even more once Rescue has protect tiles out. 

Among 4*s though, you have Vulture, Moon Knight, and 4Fist - who's black will convert those protect tiles into strikes. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2019
    Dazzler or nebula might also be good, since they just want a board flooded with specials of any type.

or carnage I guess for creating enemy tyle spam. 
  • RickOShay
    Dazzler or nebula might also be good, since they just want a board flooded with specials of any type.

or carnage I guess for creating enemy tyle spam. 
    Those two use red to make their specials, so I can't see taking away from Rescue's red, since it's the only real offense a team with her would have. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I have 1 blue covers for her and I found that she is useful against Kaecilius. I team her with 3*Wolverine and Vulture, once I have enough blue and green, I fired Wolverine green and then her blue converted all those pink strike tiles and those non red strike tiles placed by Kaecilius to red, making matching the strike tiles easier.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    I’ve got Rescue at 4/4/3 lvl 420 right now. I’ve been chasing her as I find her to go really well with Thorpocalypse as an anti-BRBittyCarnage team. 

Rescue’s blue power is great and becomes even better once a bunch of A/S/P tiles are on the field. You almost want Kitty to fire her red/BRB to fire his blue. 

Why? 

Carnage is already gonna put a bunch of stuff on the field and BRB starts the game out with 4 shields. But Apoc’s red is a big FU to shields. So after Kitty’s red/BRB’s blue is on the field, use APoc’s red and start hammering. The board will fill with enemy A/P tiles. 

THEN you fire the Rescue’s blue. 

You steal 2/3 tiles and the rest of the board practically turns red, causing cascades all over and giving you more red to pound the enemy again (and again). You pound them to death and the board is left with a bunch of enemy special tiles on the board. 
  • RickOShay
    I’ve got Rescue at 4/4/3 lvl 420 right now. I’ve been chasing her as I find her to go really well with Thorpocalypse as an anti-BRBittyCarnage team. 

Rescue’s blue power is great and becomes even better once a bunch of A/S/P tiles are on the field. You almost want Kitty to fire her red/BRB to fire his blue. 

Why? 

Carnage is already gonna put a bunch of stuff on the field and BRB starts the game out with 4 shields. But Apoc’s red is a big FU to shields. So after Kitty’s red/BRB’s blue is on the field, use APoc’s red and start hammering. The board will fill with enemy A/P tiles. 

THEN you fire the Rescue’s blue. 

You steal 2/3 tiles and the rest of the board practically turns red, causing cascades all over and giving you more red to pound the enemy again (and again). You pound them to death and the board is left with a bunch of enemy special tiles on the board. 
    That's a fun combo. Not to mention her passive yellow padding a bit of health once you have Apocalypse's repeaters spewing protect tiles all over the place.