[Replacement Poll] Will you get VIP?

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Original Text from @ZW2007

I know there's another one but I just want to get to the meat of things (plus I love making polls.) As the title suggests, when VIP is available, will you get it? I don't care why or why not. I don't care what tier you will choose. I'm making this anonymous for obvious reasons so please please please vote.

[Replacement Poll] Will you get VIP? 74 votes

I spend and I plan on getting a VIP plan.
5% 4 votes
I spend and I don’t plan on getting a VIP plan.
55% 41 votes
Undecided.
8% 6 votes
I don’t spend and I plan on getting a VIP plan.
2% 2 votes
I don’t spend and I don’t plan to get a VIP plan
28% 21 votes

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The most exciting thing on the VIP benefits was the avatar.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    starfall said:
    'I spend'? What's the cut off for that?
    It's kind of ambiguous; but If you spent money at some point in time...? Perhaps another option with "I spent money..." may help
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It might be useful to delineate between people who spend rarely and people who spend regularly, but that would create even more options.  I marked myself as a non-spender because only the best special offers have tempted me to put in real cash.

That said, I'd be interested in a VIP plan with a price point of $5/month, if it provided a decent amount of rewards.  I'm willing to put in a small amount of cash to try to keep the game flowing, in spite of its flaws.  Just not $15-$30 a month.

• Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In a year I've spent about $25 in small amounts at a time. I will not be participating in the VIP plan. I really don't mind spending for really great deals. I've even bought the $4.99 gold and runes bundle just to get enough gold to grab something before it left the vault, or before they corrected some crazy drop rates. They's get infinitely more money out of me with great cheap deals than they'll ever get from me on this VIP scheme.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have spent. Not in a while and it was sporadic. But I don't really plan on spending anytime soon and certainly not on VIP.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about "I planned on getting a VIP plan, but the game always crashes after displaying the V and the I"...
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
      I regularly spend on the game because i consider necessary to support a product i am enjoying playing.

It is very important for me to insist on the fact that the more rewarding  the game feels the more i am inclined to buy a bundle. Investing real money is mostly a way to be thankful for my quality of life as a player.

Therefore, the increase of bugs and freezes and the underwhelming bundles (subjective point here) did not incent me to invert much since dominaria (Ral being the only exception)

I won't suscribe to VIP plan for diferent reasons ...

1) I hate the idea that i would be paying for currencies that i have been despoiled of due to bugs in events (or events removal ... Actually).

2) The nature of VIP advantages and the randomness of pulls could literally transform the money i invest in a bunch of dupes that wouldn't be enough to pull a single decent card from booster crafting.

3) i am shocked that the VIP offer do not focus on the latest set. You're a 30 bucks VIP, but you must pay again if you want recent cards ... Seriously?

4) i am definitely disappointed that after such a long time D3 still insists on applying ludicrous prices on any offer while both other MTG products and other cellphone games are able to propose much more content and cards at a far better price.

5)I could list several other reasons but what's the point ... This is already way enough to justify getting rid of that VIP offer instantly.

I could think about suscribing if ...

1) The VIP plans were proposed at a respectful price.

2) I felt more consideration from the game's publishers ... That what VIP are all about right?

3) The quality of life improvement was obvious, meaningful and not RNG dependant ... In particular for the pro and master plans.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m seriously considering VIP just so I can craft the last few cards. Bummer thing is that once I can get all the cards I’ll have no reason to play anymore. The chase is the game.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:
    I’m seriously considering VIP just so I can craft the last few cards. Bummer thing is that once I can get all the cards I’ll have no reason to play anymore. The chase is the game.
    I suspect I'm in the minority with this, but one of the things I actually like about this game is that no two players have the exact same collection. The chase is the game :)
    No two players have the exact same collection, but most people seem to have the cards that other people want nerfed or that cause the most frustration when used by the AI.

The chase (after events and cards to combat the above) is the game. ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Player Skill (and luck of the draw) is what makes this game fun.  Even stragetic singular purchases can be an element of skill. 

VIP does none of this, it strips elements of what makes this game great.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why spend money on a game that is littered with bug and looping combos that ruin it for the casual player....