Civil War - Event Details (5/15/19)

2»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was a bit surprised by the limit on the side nodes.  But last time my alliance was concentrating on the Team Cap side, so I may just not have noticed it due to the much larger boost list for that side of the event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    There has always been one node where you can normally use any Team Cap or Team Iron Man member as the essential.
  • DAZ0273
    I ended up going Team Iron Man and I have to say that I think the lower amount of boosted characters to choose from is actually a good thing. There is still an abundance of candidates available and a lot of them are very good. That Team Cap list seems more and more excessive.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    There has always been one node where you can normally use any Team Cap or Team Iron Man member as the essential.
    Wasn't it all 3 that had to be Team IM? That one was a wave and I looked for Panthos to roll over it and I got half of that duo but Thanos was not on the list.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any particular reason Ghost Rider: Johnny Blaze is team Cap, but Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes is team Iron Man? Just asking hypothetically for someone whose only 5* champ is GRRR and is playing the Team Cap side lol.

Not the biggest issue in reality, just curious how this kind of thing happens
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Any particular reason Ghost Rider: Johnny Blaze is team Cap, but Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes is team Iron Man? Just asking hypothetically for someone whose only 5* champ is GRRR and is playing the Team Cap side lol.

Isn't that basically like asking why Dark Avengers Venom and Agent Venom have different affiliations? I mean, a bit less so, since the Ghost Riders do both have the vengeance schtick, but still, they're entirely different people, they just share a code name. It's not really the same as wondering why different versions of Gamora have different affiliations in this regard.

MrEd95 said:
    Is it me, or is there a new “create a team of team Cap/Tony” side mission in this latest run? I swear they haven’t had that before. I like it though
    They had it before too. This is only my second time on this event, they def. had it the last time too, i remember it. But before that, i dont know...
    I think I didn't notice it in the past because I'd always just grab whoever is boosted, which would meet that restriction automatically.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019

Isn't that basically like asking why Dark Avengers Venom and Agent Venom have different affiliations? I mean, a bit less so, since they do both have the vengeance schtick, but still, they're entirely different people, they just share a code name. It's not really the same as wondering why different versions of Gamora have different affiliations in this regard.
    You'd think so, but Agent Venom and Dark Avengers Venom aren't mutually exclusive to play the way Robby and Johnny are, are they? Ghost Rider is maybe the most egregious mutual exclusion in the game I can think of since it's a different human host with a different demon possessing them, but they share a name so there you go.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Wasn't it all 3 that had to be Team IM? That one was a wave and I looked for Panthos to roll over it and I got half of that duo but Thanos was not on the list.
    Hmm...good point, I'm not sure as I tended to just use whoever was boosted from the side I was pkaying for simplicity.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

Isn't that basically like asking why Dark Avengers Venom and Agent Venom have different affiliations? I mean, a bit less so, since they do both have the vengeance schtick, but still, they're entirely different people, they just share a code name. It's not really the same as wondering why different versions of Gamora have different affiliations in this regard.
    You'd think so, but Agent Venom and Dark Avengers Venom aren't mutually exclusive to play the way Robby and Johnny are, are they? Ghost Rider is maybe the most egregious mutual exclusion in the game I can think of since it's a different human host with a different demon possessing them, but they share a name so there you go.
    Agent Venom and Mag Gagan Venom are mutually exclusive in this game.  The non-subtitle part of their name is identical, so the game doesn't let you play them on the same team.  It's the same as Thor, Wasp, Hulk, etc where distinct characters have been given the same name in the game.
  • TPF Alexis
    Why is Fury Team Iron Man? Is that a comics thing? That's one of the few MCU flicks he isn't in, but his MCU incarnation seems more like a Team Cap kinda guy. Regardless, I find it amusing that, on either side, he can summon Iron Man/Cap to hit themselves with his Avengers Assemble! power.
    Also, if those are really Earth's Mightiest Heroes that Cap's calling in to fight alongside him, Earth is in trouble. They hit like toddlers.
  • TPF Alexis
    I have to say, I'm really enjoying this, especially right now with the second-day scaling on the side nodes. Everything is at a nice level for boosted 4* to handle, and there's no time crunch, so Kitty and Grocket can sit on the bench and take a breather for while while I play around with Riri/Hulkbuster and C4ge/HoboFist.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Maybe just bad luck, but I have had great troubles with the side nodes. Cap and Iron man falls like trees after three matches, using Grokitty. But particularly the wave nodes with six level 448 heroes are tough. My Ares is just recycled so is level 25, LOL. Tried with Gladiathor and Spidey, they both died in 2:nd wave. So many wrong colors (I think I had 50 black to no use at that time) and cascading. Ugh. Will let Grokitty have a go.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Is the scaling and difficulty level ramped up a little this time around... the side nodes are killing me and several in my alliance... harder than usual?!?!
  • qandols
    PeeOne said:
    Is the scaling and difficulty level ramped up a little this time around... the side nodes are killing me and several in my alliance... harder than usual?!?!
    Yes, something is really off the rocker here. I have several champed and boosted 5* and they just crumble before Red Hulk in the Storm essential node. It's just not fun anymore. And his moves takes literally forever. Arrghh. Do not do this ever again or I will vow to stop playing and support this game. 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    I’ve wiped four times but flipped to team cap or team iron man to get the side events. Whales and a me hulk bomb bailed me out of another. I know the Ares 2* requirement is a joke against level 400+ enemies. They have had deaf ears on that one for several civil war events.

Definitely much harder but I’m used to being done with most boss events by Saturday morning. Maybe this is normal on the final day? 
  • qandols
    Seems so. I have got all the rewards. I'll leave it there and gladly miss out on the end.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Bubba3210 said:
    I’ve wiped four times but flipped to team cap or team iron man to get the side events. Whales and a me hulk bomb bailed me out of another. I know the Ares 2* requirement is a joke against level 400+ enemies. They have had deaf ears on that one for several civil war events.

Definitely much harder but I’m used to being done with most boss events by Saturday morning. Maybe this is normal on the final day? 
    Final day side node scaling is definitely always tough. I can't say whether it's worse than other alliance events because it's been a good while for me too since I've had to deal with it-- but one of the nice benefits of being part of an alliance that performs efficiently in bosses (vs an alliance that finishes the boss just about on Sunday) is usually not having to deal with Final Day side node scaling.