Crash of the Titans: Flamin' Head vs. Galactus

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Ghost Rider. My third move cascaded in to red and green aplenty. Even black. But burning rubber and hellfire nibbled Galactus down. Did not lose any health at all. LT was a 5* Carol, so yay.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Level 283 Ghost Rider

I'm not sure what was going on. Galactus was doing stuff. I was doing stuff. Eventually I had enough black AP and it said I'd do 10k damage so I did that and it was over.

Token to the hoard.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I had no right to win this one.  Level 70 1/0/0 with my 200 Chewie on.  Galactus never set a bomb I couldn't match in one or two turns the whole time, and Chewie procs were well above average.  It's like he wanted me to win.

Token got me another Hela green.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    5/4/2 at level 209, but feels like I could have done this at a much lower level.
    Especially if you have covers in the black power, this one deals damage relative only to how much you've received, and doesn't change with the character level (other than the fact that it's limited by the max health of your character).

So you could consider for example a health-boosting support if you have one, and wait until fairly late in the match to fire the black for maximum effect.

Token for the next rotation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is such a strange match-up. I wonder how it came about?

Galactus: Surfer! I hunger, where is my snack?
    Surfer: Sorry Master but it is getting harder to order Pizza when you keep eating all the planets that deliver to this sector.
    Galactus: Right, that's it, I'm having Earth for lunch.
    Surfer: Now don't get all grumpy! I'm sure we can find a hot dog stand somewhere around this sector, hold on a minute...oh now what?!?!?
    Ghost Rider: Go no further or face my vengeance!
    Galactus: Ooooh, look, his head is on fire, we could have a barbecue! Surfer, fetch the Weiners!
    Surfer: I'm very sorry about this, he gets cranky when he is hungry and he is ALWAYS hungry, know what I mean?
    Ghost Rider: I hunger for vengeance!!!
    Galactus: Does that come with fries? I'll have some of that too! Surfer, FRIES!!!
    Surfer: Now is that a good idea? You said your spacesuit was a little snug...
    Galactus: Did...did you just call me fat?
    Ghost Rider: Actually...I am quite hungry now, what was that about hot dogs you said?

*A short time later*

Galactus: Ah, what a feast! Well done Surfer and what is this? One sausage left! Galactus calls dibs!
    Ghost Rider: Hold your way, the Spirit of Vengeance desires more Weiners!
    Surfer: Now now boys, no need to...now come on stop that...we are all friends here...stop fighting...not the chain whip...oh for goodness sake, I'm off to get a drink...

P.S. Champed Ghost Rider won and got to eat the final hot dog leaving Galactus to hunger but that is another story...
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Too easy all I can say,  not that I'm complaining ;) Easy for my 3/3/3 sure I could have done it with 1/0/0. Nice to have an easy matchup in CoT
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Confirmed that this is very winnable with low-level characters. I tried with my 1/1/0 alt, and won first try.
    You do need to match most of the CDs (so it takes some board luck and good planning), but you take no damage as long as that is successful.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    When some wild-eyed, twenty-eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite skull up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just Penance Stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Johnny Blaze always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Johnny? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."
    So, yeah, pretty easy fight for a 285 5/3/5 GR. Token was a Drax champ level with bonus Talos (unfortunately yet another blue, taking him to 1/5/2, but it's still one cover closer to Shield Training readiness).
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    271 3/5/5 Blaze got the job done with a few scuffs and bruises. I had bad luck matching away cosmic tiles, so I ate a fair chunk of damage. That just fueled Blaze's black though, so it all worked out in the end.
    Sadly, my reward was a seventh saved cover for my level 209 Thing.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    When some wild-eyed, twenty-eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite skull up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just Penance Stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Johnny Blaze always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Johnny? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."
    Ghost Rider:  You know what ol' Johnny Blaze always says at a time like this?
    Galactus: Who??
    Ghost Rider.  Johnny Blaze.  ME!

An awesomely cheesy movie.

286 3/5/5 Ghost Rider, did this one first try.  I'm not quite sure what Galactus has against Ghost Rider, but it's an easy fight.
  • DAZ0273
    Ghost Rider:  You know what ol' Johnny Blaze always says at a time like this?
    Galactus: Who??
    Ghost Rider.  Johnny Blaze.  ME!

An awesomely cheesy movie.

286 3/5/5 Ghost Rider, did this one first try.  I'm not quite sure what Galactus has against Ghost Rider, but it's an easy fight.
    It's all in the reflexes...uhm I mean Penance Stare.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    This is such a strange match-up. I wonder how it came about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

This was in turn based on this:

But they replaced Strange with Ghost Rider.

• DAZ0273
    I was aware of the Doc Strange appearance in the FF comic but hadn't seen that episode of 90's FF cartoon! Ah, the 90's! I should have known!