Civil War - Event Details (5/15/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the full details for the Civil War event.

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, that distribution list of boosted on team Cap is a little excessive...
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    XFDP and Bucky.  Yawn.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFDP and Bucky.  Yawn.
    Winter Soldier is awful, but otherwise I think the rewards are good characters. XFDP, C&D, and HB are all excellent.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Bucky did well with im40 and coulson when Bucky was featured a year or more ago. Otherwise he never makes it out of the shop for me. I’m meh on the entire event. Three full days of grinding isn’t ideal for these rewards in my opinion but I’m trying to quit playing so much.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are Howard the Duck and Devil Dinosaur usually boosted for this event?  If limited characters are seeing boosts, shouldn't Taskmaster be on Team Iron Man?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder why Cho Hulk is Team Iron Man, and 3* Hulk is Team IM, but MEH is not.  Nor is Banner.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Rescue Me Legendary Token" .... 5* Denis Leary confirmed!
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    You'd think that Tony could afford to hire some people to be on his team.
    Tony traded in having the smaller team in exchange for getting boosted C4rol on his team.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    It's strange, based on mcu, I'd associate star lord with team IM, having fought Thanos together, but I dont know the comics... maybe its different there?

And Nebula should totally be team IM, considering Endgame...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a minority but I really like Bucky and find him fun to use when I’m forced to do something other than my main team. I really liked the Bucky pvp too. Not that 3 covers do much for me.

Of course we all wanted 3 talos and 3 thanos but it’s pretty clear even in huge celebration events generosity isn’t in the devs vocabulary. Christmas must suck in their houses.

Oh look socks again!
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Bucky purple is a real pain and hits like a truck with Okoye boost. The rest of Bucky is meh. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I wonder why Cho Hulk is Team Iron Man, and 3* Hulk is Team IM, but MEH is not.  Nor is Banner.
    I can understand MEH being neutral but Banner should be on Team IM as the emphasis on his 5* version is him, not Hulk. Some additional that could be on Tony's side:

Black Bolt
    Nebula
    Bishop (he worked for a future mutant police force)
    Emma Frost (Like she would side with trailer trash Cap!)
    Mockingbird (due to her loyalty to Fury)

Also...didn't 3* Thanos used to be on Tony's side or I am misremembering that?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    5CM should probably be Team IM.  I can't imagine that she wouldn't be behind every possible chance to maintain order with 6000 planets or so to keep an eye on.  Also, she appears to have been in the military for her career.

On the other hand, I don't really care which team she's on.....either way I'll still be waiting for her repeater to resolve when I finish.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    I can understand MEH being neutral but Banner should be on Team IM as the emphasis on his 5* version is him, not Hulk. Some additional that could be on Tony's side:

Black Bolt
    Nebula
    Bishop (he worked for a future mutant police force)
    Emma Frost (Like she would side with trailer trash Cap!)
    Mockingbird (due to her loyalty to Fury)

Also...didn't 3* Thanos used to be on Tony's side or I am misremembering that?
    I think that was just an event boost where he was one of the featured heroes during the event.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby - super minor, but the Cage you listed under Kate Bishop should be Luke Cage (Power Man). You listed the "Hero For Hire" version twice. 

Quite the discrepancy between the boosted list, but nonetheless thanks so much for putting Team Cap and Team Iron Man in one place. I have IM46 champed and 1st Avenger Cap will likely be 1 of my next 2 5* champs, so it's super helpful to have a list of who boosts their red powers. 

On another note, kinda sucks that Awesome Mix Vol. 2 Gamora & GRocket are not Team Cap, but their 3* versions are. You could argue that GOTG Vol. 2 occured after the events of Civil War, but they're still the same characters. It's just as peculiar that the Cap version of Sam Wilson is boosted (it's literally impossible for him to have even existed during Civil War), yet Falcon is not. I digress though, I suppose they probably put some thought into it and realized folks could just run Gritty-Falcon and Round 8 Tony would be rekt after a few turns. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @BoyWonder1914 Ah, good catch! I've gone ahead and corrected that. Thanks!
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Is it me, or is there a new “create a team of team Cap/Tony” side mission in this latest run? I swear they haven’t had that before. I like it though
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    MrEd95 said:
    Is it me, or is there a new “create a team of team Cap/Tony” side mission in this latest run? I swear they haven’t had that before. I like it though
    They had it before too. This is only my second time on this event, they def. had it the last time too, i remember it. But before that, i dont know...