Peace, Love and MtGPQ

bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
As many of you noticed, I took an extended break -- not from the game (though TR might disagree based on my awful scores), but from Discord and the Forum. I have a real life and the game took over a bit too much of it -- balance is good, folks. 

I don't know what I expected when I got back, but it wasn't this degree of anger and negativity. I mean there's some cool stuff in the new sets, teams seem to be doing well. Not too many complaints in the bubble of my very, very active in-game chat. 

So for my first day back, since I've been a bit disconnected, I would like to ask all of you, my forum friends (and sometimes frenemies) for a positive thread.

Let's all answer why we are still here -- it's been awhile since we've done this. 

I am still here because I love building decks and matching gems. I also stay for my MtGPQ family, whether here on the forum, in Discord or in my coalition. We are all smart and engaging people who bring a lot of feedback that makes the game better and makes each other better players. 

Your turn....

Comments

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    It's still a very fun casual match 3 experience with the added flair of MTG that is so very compelling.

I love when I have the chance to play all sandbox-y like in non-coalition PvE play.  There I feel like I have the freedom to really let loose and experiment with cards.  New interactions between effects.  Combos that don't have to be particularly good, but just novel.

EDIT:
    Oh, and I had a TON of fun doing the self-imposed Guild deck challenge if you didn't see it!  (Here)
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Card Completionism.
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Welcome back bken! 

I'm here because I still find this game fun.  I like to chase for the best cards in the game.

I also like my TP9 family which is an awesome opened and helpful community. :)
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Good to hear from you B!

I will say I have been a culprit to the complaining. Mainly because of no answers and goofy stuff.

But there are a lot of good things and I try to remain myself of that (hence my thread...).

I enjoy the chat that my team has and we’ve made a lot of good friends. I stay with the game as I hope it will keep us together and build that friendship - some of which have grown over the years.

I am a completionist as well, though with recent events by the team I let this set pass.

Hope you are good!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    The bones of the game is still solid so I keep playing. My coalition keeps me engaged. The new cards are keeping the game interesting.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sticking around for our wonderful communitied on slack which are more valuable than the game itself imo.
    As the for the anger,  players do have some legitimate concern and they not misplaced.
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Why am I still here? I love this game! to me it is the perfect blend of strategy and luck. Also, while I haven't played paper Magic since the Dark set came out in the mid 90's, I've always thought the game design and card interactions were genius. The match 3 aspect of this game is a very fun, and sometimes maddening, adaptation.

As for the community, both here and on discord, it very much adds to my enjoyment. I don't know anybody in real life that plays this game. If I didn't have y'all, who else would I tell about crushing someone by Plague Winding their Naruduplicate. My real life folks would probably schedule an intervention with some sort of doctor.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    This game scratches my MtG itch in a way that fits my life. I don't have the time to play paper, but I do have plenty of time for this format. 

Also, the community! My coalition-mates are amazing, and The Power 9 Alliance community really brings this game to life. 
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I have a lot of fun playing the game. I don't really know what to say, but I also don't feel a lot of the negativity.

I understand it, I empathize, but... I'm having a lot of fun. For me, stuff works more often than not. The only time I was super frustrated was then last time I played into Tezzeret in Revolt Against the Consulate. Game crashed on what would be my last turn. The only reason I was frustrated was I had managed both of the secondary goals in one go with Ral.

I went back into it with my Selesnya steamroller deck, got one of the two secondary goals (I only needed one to max out my rewards) and moved on. It was only really frustrating because I managed clearing all three and felt pretty awesome.

I love the cards, I love deck building. I play this and MtG Arena for my Magic itch, and I'm looking forward to Valor's Reach too.
  • KageTora
    KageTora Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Mostly for my coalition /community, at this point
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    I took a break from the forums too. There was way too much frustration on my part because I got sick of bugs costing me my free stuff!!! Plus it just seemed like the devs could care less about it.

Finally I realized that even though I've spent a little money on this game, it's still just free stuff so it's not worth all the consternation. 

I keep playing because I like my Power9 teammates and apparently I like building decks and matching gems......
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    I loved this week's TDW. Mastering flawless PvP is always a good challenge.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    I've enjoyed Brokhan!  Now white needs some triple color love...
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    I've enjoyed Brokhan!  Now white needs some triple color love...
    Something like Tamiyo?
    The release of 3 color PWs and especially sarkhan 3 will make tamiko more than likely to be released.
    Before some people shot down the idea because the 3 colors combos would be too strong.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    bken1234 said:
    So for my first day back, since I've been a bit disconnected, I would like to ask all of you, my forum friends (and sometimes frenemies) for a positive thread.

Your turn....
    I'm positive that the removal of Rising Tensions and the addition of a VIP system (especially at those price points) were the worst decisions made for this game to date.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    I am here for each and every team and each and every player in my alliance. 
    I am here because of the friends and gaming family I have found in our amazing Discord community. 

I am here because the game is still fun.
    I still love the thrill of being on the verge of defeat only to make a huge comeback and win with 3hp remaining.
    I love building a deck that works just like it should and, if RNG is cooperative, can finish off Greg in turn one or two.

But, mostly I'm still here because I want to give others the same opportunity I was given. A while back someone took a chance on me. Gave me a spot in a great coalition and helped me become a much better player. 

I've been here through good and bad but I've never stopped loving the game. Despite whatever bad decisions or ideas come from the devs, I still enjoy the game, because, for me, it's more than just buying cards, building decks and swapping gems. It's the people that I get to play with every day.