***** Rescue (Pepper Potts) *****

Comments

• AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5
    The real question is should the folks who hoarded after Hela to see the next 5* go ahead and pop now while Doom is still available or wait for Pepper (assuming you’d pop one way or the other at this point). My thought is go for Doom. Curious how others see it.  
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    I think something is definitely wrong with those blue numbers.  At 450, 5*s deal about 4x the damage of the same skill at the same cover level at 255. 

As listed in this thread, her blue at 450 with 5 covers does less than 4x the damage of the season power at 255 with 1 cover. Unless her scaling works very differently than other 5*s, something seems off.

I would assume that her blue at 450 does around 6k damage.

Edit: nope!  I was wrong. Every single number in the post is for level 450, even though a level 450 5* with just 1 cover in any power is impossible. 

Her blue really does do 1.5k damage, for 9ap in the 5* tier.  The crappi-ness of this blue, IM related power exceeds that of even the original riri blue.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    scottee said:

The beginning of every Rescue vs Kitty match will be, match 9 blue AP right away or lose.
    Partner her with bishop. Job done. I’ve got up to 25-30 blue ap in a single enemy turn when using bishop against a gritty team before.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    She only heals if you have 2 shield tiles out so use Okoye's yellow instead of hers or thors 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    MrEd95 said:
    scottee said:

The beginning of every Rescue vs Kitty match will be, match 9 blue AP right away or lose.
    Partner her with bishop. Job done. I’ve got up to 25-30 blue ap in a single enemy turn when using bishop against a gritty team before.
    Bishop/Rescue could be a heck of an anti-Gritty combo. With the caveat that any Bishop team will involve healthpacks.

Vhailorx said:
    I think something is definitely wrong with those blue numbers.  At 450, 5*s deal about 4x the damage of the same skill at the same cover level at 255. 

As listed in this thread, her blue at 450 with 5 covers does less than 4x the damage of the season power at 255 with 1 cover. Unless her scaling works very differently than other 5*s, something seems off.

I would assume that her blue at 450 does around 6k damage.
    Thank you! That’s what I was saying earlier. I’m really hoping it’s a typo. Otherwise those are two really bad powers.  If you’re not playing a special tile team her blue just does 1500 damage for 9 AP and nothing else. Yikes.  Really wishing Ronin was the Endgame 5 and Rescue the 4. He would be meta shifting as a 5, while she is pretty trash tier. 
  • Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    3/5/5
    AndiTi said:
    The real question is should the folks who hoarded after Hela to see the next 5* go ahead and pop now while Doom is still available or wait for Pepper (assuming you’d pop one way or the other at this point). My thought is go for Doom. Curious how others see it.  
    Still gonna think on it a bit, but I'm very tempted to pop it for Doom and Hela. I actually quite like GED, but neither CM nor Rescue have any great interactions with my roster. If I don't take Doom, I'm certainly waiting to get a look at the next two characters post-Rescue before I seriously consider spending.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    At first look to me, she looks questionable at best.  While that red is pretty good, as stated before the 5* tier doesn't lack for good red damage powers.  Her yellow and blue don't seem very impressive to me.  While healing every round (with 2 protect tiles) seems good, the amount healed will be small and it is too slow of a mechanic to be effective for defense.  Stealing tiles from Gritty is nice but in reality it will take at least 3 turns to do so and will be greatly dictated by your board, so a very unreliable power to bank on as a Gritty counter. Yes Bishop may speed that up.  She may pair well with OML, fire a bunch of red and place strike tiles and then make OML healing even faster.  
  • hilsen2
    hilsen2 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Zeofar said:
    AndiTi said:
    Still gonna think on it a bit, but I'm very tempted to pop it for Doom and Hela. I actually quite like GED, but neither CM nor Rescue have any great interactions with my roster. If I don't take Doom, I'm certainly waiting to get a look at the next two characters post-Rescue before I seriously consider spending.
    This is my current situation.  I have 300 pulls burning a hole in my pocket, and i am not sure how much longer i can hold out.  I like the idea of a Gritty counter with Bishop which may make her at least somewhat useful for the shield sim gritty/bishop wall at ~1800.

Who would be the 3rd in Shield Sim?

Should I pull for GED, CM and Hela, or wait for Hela, Rescue, and ______?

Definately will not pull CM, Hela, and rescue.

Please help me justify my hoard breaking as Im not sure i can wait 4 months for rescue to pass!
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Richyyy said:
    It's another character where I end up saying, okay, could be interesting, but if you want us to use a character whose main redeeming featues are healing and protecting, give us game modes where that's remotely relevant. Those don't exist, so why should I care?
    This, right here. As someone else in the thread astutely observed, healing hasn't been relevant since 2* OBW/true healing died. Really underwhelmed with this one.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Either Brigby accidentally posted her 255 stats as 450 or this character literally does nothing.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    hilsen2 said:
    Zeofar said:
    AndiTi said:
    This is my current situation.  I have 300 pulls burning a hole in my pocket, and i am not sure how much longer i can hold out.  I like the idea of a Gritty counter with Bishop which may make her at least somewhat useful for the shield sim gritty/bishop wall at ~1800.

Who would be the 3rd in Shield Sim?

Should I pull for GED, CM and Hela, or wait for Hela, Rescue, and ______?

Definately will not pull CM, Hela, and rescue.

Please help me justify my hoard breaking as Im not sure i can wait 4 months for rescue to pass!
    Same position.  I am leaning towards Doom just because I think he might be a more effective character based on my alliance's feedback and I really like him as a character from the comics as well.  My alliance's best 5* player says GED is actually much more effective  than his numbers on paper indicate.  I know his black nuke is probably more valuable than Rescue's best power (red).  Much easier to find good red damage in the 5* tier than black.  I know he pairs well with Okoye, unfortunately I don't have her :(   Perhaps I will just hope Doom ends up pairing as a good team meta with a yet to be released character!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    babinro said:
    Maybe if this stole CD tiles as a first ever thing in this game...
    Actually, Moonstone’s old black stole countdowns, but it also broke the game more than Colossus’ black, so they changed it.  I’d be amazed if they ever made that possible again.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing about the blue is that the devs have generally overvalued powers which can involve cascades compared to players, and I suspect that damage is correct. Depending on the number of enemy S/A/P leftover, that can lead to some decent AP collection (and even failing to auto-match, easily sets up a red match or two for you). That's not bad to help a multi-tap power which only costs 6 AP.

I am not saying Rescue is top-tier, but I'd call her a bit higher than I am seeing people ranking her.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    wow. the hits keep coming. far be it from me to tell someone else how to run their business. but whomever is in charge of creating new characters needs to be let go. or get them some help cause the last x number of them have been way more woof that woot.

is it just me or does it seem like a good percentage of the new characters are both a) designed (poorly) to counter kitty/gritty, and b) intentionally kept from being the new meta? like they're just pumping weak characters out without any real plan or purpose other than keeping them from being too good.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's way, way too much blue to be something actually useful, but my new goal is now to fire All Systems Go and Girl Friday back to back.
    KGB said:
    P.S. I didn't know she had a 'Genius Intellect'. I though she was a personal assistant? Seems like she was under utilized by Tony Stark if she really has a Genius Intellect.

Genius doesn't always mean science or tech. My understanding is that she's amazing as a manager and business executive.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zeofar said:
    AndiTi said:
    GED is so slow though.  Because He's gotten the essential 5* boost in pve a couple of times. I've had to chance to pair him with gritty, Thorokye, Thoramerica etc.  and its surprising how little he actually contributes.  His Black is good and its generally a reliable knockout punch for the last char.  But even with a 90 level advantage,  its usually the other chars who are still doing the heavy lifting in the match.  In comparison, both Captain marvel and Hela feel more active in their 5e matches.
  • Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2019
    3/5/5
    Phumade said:
    GED is so slow though.  Because He's gotten the essential 5* boost in pve a couple of times. I've had to chance to pair him with gritty, Thorokye, Thoramerica etc.  and its surprising how little he actually contributes.  His Black is good and its generally a reliable knockout punch for the last char.  But even with a 90 level advantage,  its usually the other chars who are still doing the heavy lifting in the match.  In comparison, both Captain marvel and Hela feel more active in their 5e matches.
    Oh, I think Hela is undoubtedly a solid character, I just mention Doom specifically because I find him to be underrated (as a tank and Black/Yellow tar pit) and can be a decent addition to teams I run--I'd feel much more comfortable letting him pass if Hela wasn't in the mix. On the other hand, Captain Marvel doesn't particularly complement my other 5-stars and I can't see myself running her OVER them either. Rescue is in a similar boat.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So her blue can help counter gritty kitty team by stealing 3 strike tiles, but that damage on blue is horrible.  At level 5 it only does 1555 damage?  If it was 25K damage that would be good.  Her yellow passive is ok but not great it is basically one 5* match.  Her red is solid.  Overall this is a very under whelming 5* if these are the correct numbers.  If these numbers are correct I really want to know why they felt her blue and yellow are good powers.  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    The newest 5* characters just keep me feeling good about pulling classics. I will gladly get 25% more pulls for my cp to avoid the mid to bottom parade of 5*'s they keep marching out.