Returning Player, Need Help!

2»

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Completely off topic, but how did this turn into "who is the best 1*"  it is clearly Yelena. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof said:
    Completely off topic, but how did this turn into "who is the best 1*"  it is clearly Yelena. 
    It's good advice! Plus, it's clearly a burning topic at the edge of all our tongues. :p
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Malcrof said:
    It's good advice! Plus, it's clearly a burning topic at the edge of all our tongues. :p
    Considering that if you wanted to keep Yelena for the heck of it, she can also EASILY solo the 1* DDQ node (albeit, slower than both Juggernaut & Spider-Man), the advice is both detailed and well-thought-out :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, I mostly toss that in because one time I mentioned that any of the three-power 1* could handle the 1* node and someone wrote like a four page essay on why Juggy is the best one, so I put that little caveat in there to try to avoid that happening again. :#
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back in the old days, Juggernaut had one other huge benefit: he had no 2* equivalent.  There was a time in the game when you couldn't pick any of the characters appearing on the enemy team in story events (including DDQ).  So even if your 1* Spider-Man could take out the node by himself, he'd be locked out on days Bag-Man was one of the enemies.
    Juggernaut was strong enough to beat the node and would never be locked out, which is why people recommended him.  Today there is no reason to skip Spider-Man.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    I use Juggernaut and Yelena. I must have the Limited characters! Catch'em all! I am debating about also including Spidey now thanks to this thread.

I wish they had an annual Limited-Characters-Only April Fools' Story event. I think they need to mix-up the game-play more such as restricted roster events, or offer better rewards for using certain characters without diminishing the number of regular open events they offer now as the baseline. It's obvious we like these characters, it's an unfortunate design that we mothball them.

I did like the two color characters idea. I'm sad they abandoned it. I think they should've expanded the number of covers those particular characters could have within the 13 cover limit. Juggernaut: 7 Red, 6 Green. But maybe their code isn't robust enough given all the craziness that happens when they push an update. #Fixdatcode.

To the OP, keep your slotted characters if you can afford it. Join Marvel Insider now, if you haven't already, and start working your way up to the 8500 HP reward for 300,000 points. It took me about a year. Logan's Loonies are currently boosted til May 13th, I made that purchase once about 5 years ago (or something similar), and it's the only expenditure I've made for the game. Zero remorse. As stated above, only spend HP on roster slots.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

I wish they had an annual Limited-Characters-Only April Fools' Story event.
    I really want them to, some time, run Webbed Wonder with Bag-Man, Squirrel Girl, and Howard as the Required Characters :D
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiderman (and eg. Ironman) can give 10 experience point any time you get a new cover that can be used to upgrade. Juggs can't do that :)
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor

I really want them to, some time, run Webbed Wonder with Bag-Man, Squirrel Girl, and Howard as the Required Characters :D
    That sounds like a line-up for a Halloween event :D
    Who would the 5E be? 
    Oh! Duh! Of course it would be Ghost Rider!
    @Brigby Can we make this happen for Halloween?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Off-topic, but people using Gamependium - Ronin hasn't been added to the roster tracking yet, and now Rescue was released. Log in a few weeks ago was also hiccupy. Is the person who runs that site just swamped with other things?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Off-topic, but people using Gamependium - Ronin hasn't been added to the roster tracking yet, and now Rescue was released. Log in a few weeks ago was also hiccupy. Is the person who runs that site just swamped with other things?
    I don't know but 5-star Cap. Marvel has the wrong colors on there, too.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:

That sounds like a line-up for a Halloween event :D
    Who would the 5E be? 
    Oh! Duh! Of course it would be Ghost Rider!
    @Brigby Can we make this happen for Halloween?
    And make the new joke/limited character FrankenCastle :)