Avengers Endgame Movie (SPOILERS)

2»

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Seen it and I want a new Thor in the game. Another costume or even as a 1* will suffice. 
    They just need a new costume for 3*Thor, because everyone called him [spoiler] Lazy Thor [/spoiler] when he was first made.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    This movie is so epic like a 5* character they say it could top $3 billion dollars 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was moved to tears over half-a-dozen times.

This was an emotionally satisfying movie.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emotional movie - sure. Plot that made no sense - granted. Made jokes about time travel movies only to became a joke of a time travel movie - for sure. 5/10

I am in general hugely disapointent with the ending of this phase of MCU. I have seen all the movies in the run-up to this one (most twice, some multiple times. 20 out of 22 in the cinema) and I was very invested in the series. And this ending is a huge miss for me. 

Only Tony seems to be getting some sort of decently written ending (I'm not happy about it but does make sense - this is the only one I'm not challenging even if I would want him to see how his daughter grows up... but this is a dad of a girl similar age to Morgan speaking.... as a Marvel and movie fan - I understand it had to be like this).

Captain's end is a travesty (both to the character and the understanding of time). Black Widow - almost goes unnoticed (why he didn't even try to retrive the body?). 

What they did to Thor is criminal and I can draft a separate post just about this. God of Thunder, who was exposed to the proximity of a star to forge a weapon is turned into a joke for teenagers to laugh at.... Criminal.

Hulk is lame as **** (for the second movie - I think they didn't know what to do with a character who was shown as mighty and nearly unstoppable). 

Hawkeye - who cares about Hawkeye. Other than the directors and screenplay writers who made him key charater in the movie.

And the rest is silence.
  • Will_Lockhorns
    Will_Lockhorns Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2019
    Magic said:
    Emotional movie - sure. Plot that made no sense - granted. Made jokes about time travel movies only to became a joke of a time travel movie - for sure. 5/10

I am in general hugely disapointent with the ending of this phase of MCU. I have seen all the movies in the run-up to this one (most twice, some multiple times. 20 out of 22 in the cinema) and I was very invested in the series. And this ending is a huge miss for me. 

Only Tony seems to be getting some sort of decently written ending (I'm not happy about it but does make sense - this is the only one I'm not challenging even if I would want him to see how his daughter grows up... but this is a dad of a girl similar age to Morgan speaking.... as a Marvel and movie fan - I understand it had to be like this).

Captain's end is a travesty (both to the character and the understanding of time). Black Widow - almost goes unnoticed (why he didn't even try to retrive the body?). 

What they did to Thor is criminal and I can draft a separate post just about this. God of Thunder, who was exposed to the proximity of a star to forge a weapon is turned into a joke for teenagers to laugh at.... Criminal.

Hulk is lame as tinykitty (for the second movie - I think they didn't know what to do with a character who was shown as mighty and nearly unstoppable). 

Hawkeye - who cares about Hawkeye. Other than the directors and screenplay writers who made him key charater in the movie.

And the rest is silence.
    I totally agree with you. Hate what they did to Thor and Hulk. Wanted to see Thor whup Thanos's rear end... (maybe team up with the Hulk and do it)...still it was an emotional movie, for we have invested years into this franchise and when Cap said "Avengers Assemble" people went bonkers at the Cinema where I was watching it!

I saw it twice already. Might watch it again just for RDJ and Chris Evans
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Top 2 Favorite Moments (of SO many):

Cap in the elevator.

Thanos's ships guns aiming at the sky.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just saw this today! 12:05PM show, and only three other people were in the theater. Monday Movie Day is my favorite. :)

- yuck reaction -
    I wasn't a big fan of the "The Thor abides" treatment of his character, and Hulk's new prof Hulk thing was annoying.
    I had a good laugh at Hawkeye's new haircut.

- loved -
    Scarlet Witch's "You will" line when she proceeded to put a small beat-down on Thanos. I wish she had been the one to land the killing blow, but I guess there were a lot of people in line behind her.
    The beginning! The scene with Hawkeye doing the archery lesson, and the family discussion over hot dog condiments, and Clint's bewilderment when his family vanished - awesome.
    A KINKS SONG!!! The Kinks is my second favorite band of all time, so I was so happy to hear that song in the movie.
    Widow and Steve's reaction to Ant-man at the front door.
    Thanos's expression when Captain M wrecked his ride.
    Okoye's dress at the funeral - classy and smokin'!
    Get that rabbit! (sic)

- What? -
    Why did Thanos seem easier to defeat once he got the power stones? Without any stones he was whipping the tinykitty out of the heroes, but once he got the glove, he was easy pickin's. I guess it's the boot-up time on the glove before snap-power is granted to the wielder? (arm goes black, constipated face, head jerking, etc.,) but it really seems like he was doing better when he didn't have it.
    When Tony got his Jazz hands on and did his finger-snap with the power glove, what do you think he wished for? Was it death to Thanos and all of his followers (saving Thanos for last as an extra spicy "Up yours, buddy!"), or a reversal of past-Thanos's existence in the time-line, saving all of the people he'd killed from their original fates?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:

Hulk is lame as tinykitty (for the second movie - I think they didn't know what to do with a character who was shown as mighty and nearly unstoppable). 

And the rest is silence.
    I totally agree with you. Hate what they did to Thor and Hulk. Wanted to see Thor whup Thanos's rear end... (maybe team up with the Hulk and do it)...still it was an emotional movie, for we have invested years into this franchise and when Cap said "Avengers Assemble" people went bonkers at the Cinema where I was watching it!

I saw it twice already. Might watch it again just for RDJ and Chris Evans
    The biggest thing with Hulk for me is they just made him professor Hulk.  If they had taken him through the ark of becoming professor Hulk it would have been a lot more interesting with him becoming professor Hulk at the end to put the glove on.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Captain America wielding Mjolnir and going one-on-one with Thanos.

Then an awesome dude took that scene, added some 80s rock music, and now...I could watch this all day: 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    Captain America wielding Mjolnir and going one-on-one with Thanos.

Then an awesome dude took that scene, added some 80s rock music, and now...I could watch this all day: 
    That's awesome lol -- hairmetal anthems have a place in life after all! It gave me goosebumps...