Do you ever take AI Team-ups?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
So, last night when I was speeding through my PvE clears at breakneck speed I realized that at the end of a match I rapidly tap through all the victory screens as fast as I can - always deleting any team-ups that are offered. Rarely are they of any value when compared to the team-ups gained from my alliance mates, so why bother. Right? But it got me wondering...

Do you ever keep any of the team-ups you gain through play? If so, which are the ones you'll keep and use?

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I like to keep the Green Juggernaut ,Purple Loki and Whales
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I take them sometimes, especially in PVP. On the whole, however, if there was an option to "auto-reject" AI TUs and skip the screen I would.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use whatever I get. I never slow down long enough to hit "discard" on any new ones, and just use whatever junk I get, usually to finish a match, occasionally just because it's something to do. Because most of the time I never use team-ups in the first place.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    I take Whales and green Bullseye. Having a manual precision tile destroy is just useful for any number of occasions.
    I'd keep a purple Loki TU, but I pretty much never get them. Occasionally I keep Juggs' green for the same purpose-- cheap board shake. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I take any powers that stun more than 1 turn, and occasionally good 5* attacks I can use for shield training
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whales always get kept. I used to like keeping Payback Mission teamups on hand to deal with C4rol's Fortified Countdown, but I have better ways to handle that these days. I generally keep decent stuns. If I have a fair bit of space in my inventory, I'll keep moderate nukes and AoEs to help clear Seed Teams faster when I'm using my 1* on them to set up for farming retals. Some board shake/control stuff. You're Goin' Down, Sugah, 1* Hawkeye purple on the rare occasion that it's well covered, Lightning Strike/Storm (I like the AP gain better than the lower cost of Unstoppable Crash), 1* Spidey purple, stuff like that. I also tend to keep the ones that do something unique. I've got an On Your Feet, Soldier and Heat Signature Detection right now that are going to stay around for particularly suitable fights unless I get something really good to toss them out for.
    I would also note that there's a lot of variation by event. Most of the older events, it's just Dark Avengers garbage, so it all gets tossed. Simulator, DPvMPQ, Cosmic Chaos, Support Circuit, and even Honor Among Thieves* tend to toss out some decent teamups.
    *With Kitty as my sole 5* champ, teamups that can replenish my Strikes can completely turn around some matches that are going downhill, so I'll take any of Nova's teamups.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep long stuns, whales, and any power that lets me target specific tiles for destruction. Sometimes I keep solid nukes, but there aren't many of those that hit hard enough to be useful in the 5* tier. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I am in PVE, I accept all of them and deal with them later.  No time to try and delete them while clearing.  
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    When I started playing there were still environment tiles... (yep, gather 'round, youngsters!) and in my early daysI was still figuring out how all that stuff worked. I didn't think EnvTiles were all that useful, and ever since those were replaced with Team Up tiles I have had a hard time using them at all. I don't play super-hardcore or anything and so I stuck to my ways and hardly ever request TU's, and my inventory is usually at 20/20 with AI TU's, mostly AoE's, single target nukes and some whales... oh and a couple of 2* Bullseye black (5 covers if possible, basically a nuke). But these only get used as an emergency solution, most times randomly selected so it depends if they are useful to get out of a sticky situation.

Maybe I should use them more often... *shrugs* but I don't feel like I need them.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J said:
    Maybe I should use them more often... *shrugs* but I don't feel like I need them.
    The place I use the most team-ups is yellow PvE repeater nodes when you're stuck with whatever tinykitty team the developers have chosen to torture us with. So I request a lot of AoEs from my alliance - mostly Teen Jean and Rhulk team-ups, allowing me to clear out those nodes quickly. I simply don't have the time or patience to slog through those nodes using Winter Soldier, Colossus, and 2Cap*.

(* Just an example. But seriously, sometimes the teams have nothing going for them.)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should also say this.  In SIM I target some JJ teams.  I use her TU for these terrible yellow nodes to make them go faster.  That is one of the TU that I do keep because it is useful.  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Much like supports I never use team ups. So I always delete. I'd rather use a boost than a team up. 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler

*With Kitty as my sole 5* champ, teamups that can replenish my Strikes can completely turn around some matches that are going downhill, so I'll take any of Nova's teamups.
    Pretty sure it has been mentioned elsewhere, but Yondu is also a great teamup for Kitty
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:

Do you ever keep any of the team-ups you gain through play? If so, which are the ones you'll keep and use?
    Not 100% sure but I think that if I have no room for team-ups then I will get one other reward instead? So normally I'd just accept them during PVE grinding, then dump them for when I do PVP as you'll get much better ones there.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    The real problem with TU is the interface and lack of any attempt to improve the UI for predefined teams, reading support values, etc..

Its a real chore to have to go through and delete junk tus that come from low level dpd, pve etc.  Most times,  I lose the TU coming out of the match, because I don't have the space in inventory (which is code for its too hard/slow to engage that part of the game)

I would love the ability to say no TUs below 266 (even if it meant less TUs dropped overall).

Tus are nice and can be used very effectively,  but they take a alot of effort to setup and use effectively (you gotta select before you start)
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    peterdark said:
    Dormammu said:

Not 100% sure but I think that if I have no room for team-ups then I will get one other reward instead?
    You will just get a message that you would have gotten a Team-Up if you had space, but you don't, so you didn't.

No secondary award/benefit.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Some of them are really cheap, like daken or whatnot, which i can use to get some quick OML strikes out for strange passive to use, so i take the cheapies. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only accept them by accident.  Got to click FASTER!!!!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rarely.  I will take DP whales, or any steal AP or stun power up.  Beyond that, I rely on those provided by alliance for damage dealing team ups.  It is not often that I actually use team ups tbh.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    abenness said:

Pretty sure it has been mentioned elsewhere, but Yondu is also a great teamup for Kitty
    DDQ today reminded me that IW blue is also pretty nice, especially for Kitty mirror matches.