MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2019 Edition *Updated (5/29/19)

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos even popped up in tokens before the new season started.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    That part isn't so unusual: the token reward tables usually gets updated a little before hand so everything is in place for the new season.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    tiomono said:
    That part isn't so unusual: the token reward tables usually gets updated a little before hand so everything is in place for the new season.
    Guess I never noticed before. Thanos and ronin seem like really good additions to the game.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Guess I never noticed before. Thanos and ronin seem like really good additions to the game.
    Yeah we were running low on versions of hawkeye and thanos ;p
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feliz said:
    Yeah we were running low on versions of hawkeye and thanos ;p
    Well, there was only the 5/3 for Thanos, while the Ronin addition makes him only the third character to be in all tiers. Now we just need a 2* Iron Man and 1* Wolverine. Maybe a 1* Thor too.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
     Now we just need a 2* Iron Man and 1* Wolverine. Maybe a 1* Thor too.

No we don't.  ;)

Although I would appreciate a new 2* to farm, much like the rumor that Jubilee could have been a 2*.
  • Feliz
    edited May 2019
    I agree we need a new 2*. There has to be another hallmark character that needs representation there...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about a 2* Edwin Jarvis that feeds all 3* Avengers? Coz, like, you know, he does actually feed the Avengers...
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Are we due for a 5*? We had Hela, then Thanos, then Ronin, so it seems like we're due, yes?

There's no announcement for this Thursday's event, following Heart of Darkness.

Could we have a 5* Boss/Alliance event announcement incoming?

If so, who could the new character be?

I'm thinking a major Endgame player is the obvious choice, and while they're not Endgame variants, we do have just about have everyone covered at the 5* level.  Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thanos, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel. No Ant-Man though, and while we do have Star-Lord, we do not have any of the other Guardians.

Hmm. Ant-Man, or Mantis?

edit Nope. It's Pepper Potts as Rescue: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78308/r178-release-notes-5-13-19
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    Are we due for a 5*? We had Hela, then Thanos, then Ronin, so it seems like we're due, yes?

There's no announcement for this Thursday's event, following Heart of Darkness.

Could we have a 5* Boss/Alliance event announcement incoming?

If so, who could the new character be?

I'm thinking a major Endgame player is the obvious choice, and while they're not Endgame variants, we do have just about have everyone covered at the 5* level.  Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thanos, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel. No Ant-Man though, and while we do have Star-Lord, we do not have any of the other Guardians.

Hmm. Ant-Man, or Mantis?
    On another thread, 5* Rescue (Pepper Potts) released this week and the Boss Event is Civil War.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(05/13/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added details about 5-Star Rescue
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two points for clarification.

Civil War - 3 Day Duration (5/16/19) *New Update*
    First, this'll be the normal "starts Thursday at noon Eastern,  ends Sunday at midnight Eastern", right? 3.5 days? I can already see people starting to worry it'll be shorter than normal and thus harder to complete.

Webbed Wonder - 4 Day Duration (5/19/19) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Jean Grey (Phoenix)
    Second, Phoenix? We've been on a pretty solid rotation of 3 Latest 5* characters then 2 Classic 5* characters for our Essential rotation, since September 2017. The deviations have been few, and have had a reason. Doc Ock was run for the Sinister 600 event, and Thor/Okoye were each run when their new costumes came out. But the order continued around them, as if those events didn't "count" in the normal rotation (and as such they all got an extra run this time around, being featured one more time than every other classic 5-star character).

But we just had Black Widow and Doctor Strange as Classics on 5/5 and 5/9. Then Hela on 5/13. Boss events pause the pattern, so with Civil War on 5/16, we should have a Latest on 5/19, then another on 5/23, one of them being Doom, and the other one being Captain Marvel, before we get back to a Classic 5-star on 5/26. It is Phoenix's "turn" in the rotation, but she's skipping two Latest 5's.

So what gives? Why is Phoenix skipping two Latest 5's?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Webbed Wonder - 4 Day Duration (5/19/19) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Jean Grey (Phoenix)
    Second, Phoenix? We've been on a pretty solid rotation of 3 Latest 5* characters then 2 Classic 5* characters for our Essential rotation, since September 2017. The deviations have been few, and have had a reason. Doc Ock was run for the Sinister 600 event, and Thor/Okoye were each run when their new costumes came out. But the order continued around them, as if those events didn't "count" in the normal rotation (and as such they all got an extra run this time around, being featured one more time than every other classic 5-star character).

But we just had Black Widow and Doctor Strange as Classics on 5/5 and 5/9. Then Hela on 5/13. Boss events pause the pattern, so with Civil War on 5/16, we should have a Latest on 5/19, then another on 5/23, one of them being Doom, and the other one being Captain Marvel, before we get back to a Classic 5-star on 5/26. It is Phoenix's "turn" in the rotation, but she's skipping two Latest 5's.

Because -- it was never intended to make any sense.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    No, they told us the pattern outright, way back in 2017, and the pattern has held since then (barring a few pauses, as I already noted in my post).

This kind of baseless negativity doesn't help anyone, especially when it's factually incorrect. If you're just going to make up lies to make the Devs look bad why comment at all?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:

Maybe she is getting a costume? (She already has a feeder).
    I thought it might be for the film, but that wont be till june.... baffling.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Yepyep said:
    No, they told us the pattern outright, way back in 2017, and the pattern has held since then (barring a few pauses, as I already noted in my post).

This kind of baseless negativity doesn't help anyone, especially when it's factually incorrect. If you're just going to make up lies to make the Devs look bad why comment at all?
    Gosh, your response makes me wonder how you react about things that matter in real life. I was quipping in jest; I've never spoken here as a deep authority on the game. But my comment seems to have touched a deep nerve. How curious.

This deviation from an anticipated rotational pattern appears to be arbitrary. Surely you agree as your own post implies the same. Why else have you posted about it? Your own "rule" or "law" or however you'd choose to style it  while castigating me is, self-evidently, false. Are you not, therefore, guilty of spreading "lies" in the form of false expectations?

Wryly, I called attention to the -- increasingly common -- failure of your supposed pattern. You, yourself, asked "So what gives? Why is Phoenix skipping two Latest 5's?" Recent evidence indicates that, in fact, there is no reliable pattern. If that is the case, how is my comment that "it was never intended to make any sense" anything other than a reasonable (though cutting) comment on the current state of things? In truth, I was on your side.

Cool your self-righteous jets. Poor organ grinder's monkey, so distraught at an interruption in peanuts that it bites a commiserating fan...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Re:  Phoenix.  Endgamebration - ends May 26.  My list shows that the next Classic after Phoenix is Cap (Infinity War) so maybe - maybe - they wanted to end it with him so they skipped two Latests to sync that up.  Making Phoenix essential on 5/19 allows them to run Cap on May 23 for the last PVE, since they like to stick to their order once it's established (interruptions/repeats aside).

Could they have planned that?  Because that would actually be cool for reasons obvious to anyone who's seen the movie.

Phoenix seems like bad timing in terms of being close to the movie, but they can always re-run her if they want.

Also, let's see....5/26 Latest (after Cap), then 5/30 Latest, then 6/2 Latest (ballpark on a couple of those dates) brings us to the Dark Phoenix release date and OML due as a 5E.  And you could then run Phoenix again if you want or just let OML represent.

EDIT:  If this is the case, I'm glad Hela happened to be the one who showed up for the mini-Latest run.  She's so much more fun than Doom and 5CM.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Maybe they moved up 5* Phoenix because they have something else planned for Dark Phoenix release and wanted some time in between? Just a thought

Or maybe they skipped her inadvertently when they featured 5* Strange for a second time and didn't want to push her back any further? Again, just a thought.

But I'm very glad to see 5* Phoenix featured because I've been waiting! 
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Feliz said:
    I agree we need a new 2*. There has to be another hallmark character that needs representation there...
    It could be Mantis **
  • Feliz
    Feliz said:
    It could be Mantis **
    Awesome call. Gooo Mantis