Crash of the Titans: Spider woman vs. Elektra

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
First try was just as last time with Wasp, a disaster. Could not get my own colors and Elektra just kept on gettin' all of hers and pummeled me to death. While shadow stepping continuously. I bailed. One revival later with extra AP and match damage it was my turn to pummel Elektra. Two purple attacks that she gladly matched away was the end of it. The LT was not a Hela.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    5/3/5 Level 285 Spider-Woman

Spider-Woman is one of my least favorite 4-stars and this Crash always reminds me why. With the exact same colors and similar abilities, Electra is simply a superior character between the two of them. So be cautious.

Keys to winning:
    1 - Deny black at all costs. If Electra starts shadow-stepping, it's really going to slow you down and if you don't have a champed Spider-Woman this will be detrimental to your chances of winning.
    2 - Use FEAR over LOVE, but do it at the right time. Don't drop trap tiles on a slow board where there's only one or two possible matches because chances are the traps won't land on them.
    3 - Spider-Woman's red nuke/stun is probably going to be the ability that wins this for you, so bring some red AP into the match because it's expensive and the sooner you get it off, the less time Electra has to start her shenanigans.

It took me two tries because I didn't take it seriously the first go. Token to the post-Carol hoard.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
     Dormammu said:
    Keys to winning:
    1 - Deny black at all costs. If Electra starts shadow-stepping, it's really going to slow you down and if you don't have a champed Spider-Woman this will be detrimental to your chances of winning.

You misspelled "red."  Seriously, if she gets Ballet of Death out, it accelerates her and drains all of your useful AP.  That's game over.  I've been wiped out twice so far with a champed Spider Woman (also LVL 285) and neither fight has been particularly close.

My son, who has her at LVL 210, barely beat her.  His Spider Woman had 19 health left at the end of the fight, thanks to a whole lot of black dropping on the board for Shadow Steps vs Seeking Redemption.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/4/4 level 209 Spider Woman
    This was a fun fight for me, as fate decided that it was quite angry at Elektra for some reason. I had enough purple to choose Fear by turn 3, and she proceeded to match three traps, on three consecutive turns! The third trap took her down for the count, and she didn't get a chance to use a single power.
    My reward was a champ level for one of my favorite 4-stars - Wasp! So that was a win all of the way around.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3 290-ish Spider Woman. This was the hardest Crash for me in a long time. Elektra is generally a good one on one Character, and the fact that her red steals all of SW's usable AP really doesn't help. Took four tries, the first couple without Boosts or anything, the final, successful one with Lvl 200 Element Guns and +100% match damage.
    As Dormammu mentioned, timing when you drop the Fear is important, but so is when you fire Seeking Redemption. I found it best to save that one in case Elektra manages to get enough black for a Shadow Step. I also second sambrookjm that red is the really important colour to deny. Unless there's some serious cascade potential on the board, or you're in a position to end it right now, Ballet of Death is pretty much game over for you.
    Token was a Riri champ level.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally got there on the fourth try.  Elektra managed to get her red off once, but dumb luck let me match it before it took away any AP.  Shadow Step damage was negated by Seeking Redemption.  I got Spider Woman's red off when Elektra was at about 250 health.  A couple moves later, when all of Elektra's trap tiles were gone, she finally went down.  A very annoying fight, and the token goes to the hoard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 Lvl 209 Spider Woman got this first try. I got a ridiculous cascade which allowed me to fire off red by turn 3 so Elektra was already hurting, I then got black going and finally put some trap tiles down which she kindly matched for the KO. Not normally that straight forward but I'm not complaining.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with the above; spiderwoman is fairly lame. Having said that my 2/3/3 made good on elektra. Starved her of as much black & red as possible. Held back my black to counter hers. Yes don't drop hate too quickly!