Events like Cinema Showdown

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
Please change the nodes so we can replay them after completing them.

After stunlocking MEH with SWitch (as per the Reddit suggestion), I'd like to replay that particular match but with Iceman, and also with 3* Daredevil, to see how they fare against MEH.  But now I cannot.

I'm not asking for additional points or rewards, but I cannot understand why you would lock them after beating them just once, especially as you're never going to run this event ever again. 

So why not let us replay the nodes for as long as it does run?

Obviously it's too late for Cinema Showdown, but for future events like this, please consider not locking the nodes but allow them to be replayed.

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like them to be unlocked just so I can read the story.  When playing, speed matters.  The consequence of this is that I don't know a single storyline of any event that's came out in the last 3 years.

I'm still trying to figure out how Howard the Duck is supposed to be fighting Doctor Octopus...
  • JSP869
    Options
    I cannot both Like and mark your post as Insightful, OJSP, so I'm going with Insightful, because I completely missed that.

That said, maybe until we beat it we are limited to the selection, but after we beat it, the selection is open to everyone on our roster.
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It sounds like what you really want is something to pit any character on your roster against any character in the game to see how they fare, not necessarily limited to this particular event. Sort of a variation on the Simulator concept.
  • JSP869
    Options
    It sounds like what you really want is something to pit any character on your roster against any character in the game to see how they fare, not necessarily limited to this particular event. Sort of a variation on the Simulator concept.
    I did not realize this is what I wanted until just now. Yes! This would be awesome!

Suggestion revised: please give us a permanent event/node/match where we can choose any 1-3 characters in the game, set their levels and build/spec, then we choose any 1-3 of our own characters from our own roster and see how they fare against them.

No rewards, no points towards any progression prizes, no nothing! Just us pitting 1-3 of our own characters against a team of 1-3 characters of our choosing.

Just for fun.