MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2019 Edition *Updated (4/26/19)

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby you have rocket and Groot in versus 2 events in a row.  I believe sworded affair is Gamora not Rocket and Groot.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,243 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    @Brigby you have rocket and Groot in versus 2 events in a row.  I believe sworded affair is Gamora not Rocket and Groot.
    The date of the event is also the same as the R&G one.....copypasta strikes again.

_____

I see that the rewards for our new PVE are going to be Spider-Gwen covers.  I wish I was surprised to see the next in the line of "Longest Ago Rewarded 4's" coming up.  Chin up though, we should next get some more Magik covers next January, Talos next February, and Thanos next March if my back-of-the envelope calculations are correct.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby thanks buddy
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Groot then Gamora.....  Yonkers.....

Where's that Bishop counter thread at?????
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Ugggh. Haven't nabbed a Hela cover yet before she's required. RNG gods have determined I need more God Doom in my roster, but not giving me his Blue cover. I'll have two pulls in CP before the end of the Peggy PVE and start of the next, but I don't have high hopes for that happening with my current pull rate and having just nabbed another God Doom cover in the last two pulls.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    An avengers v Thanos event and yet only Iron Man is powered up... these should at least try to be matches for the story... don’t you think??
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne said:
    An avengers v Thanos event and yet only Iron Man is powered up... these should at least try to be matches for the story... don’t you think??
    And Luke Cage, Thor, and Hawkeye. But yeah, having an Avenger (other than yellow Wolverine) featured would be thematic.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    It's real snotty to make Hela the required 5 star for an entirely "new" pve event. 
  • bluewolf
    I was thinking at first, "Hela isn't that hard to get".  But I hoarded 160 pulls for her to enter tokens, not an option for everyone, and she only entered tokens 10 days ago.

It certainly would have been nicer for the first run of the new event to not require the newest 5....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I was thinking at first, "Hela isn't that hard to get".  But I hoarded 160 pulls for her to enter tokens, not an option for everyone, and she only entered tokens 10 days ago.

It certainly would have been nicer for the first run of the new event to not require the newest 5....
    Quite the celebration.
  • bluewolf
    @Brigby
    The Thanos and Foes vault closes in 13 hours...or as Slice 5 ends.  Normally the event vault is open for 24 hours after Slice 5 closes, which allows players the opportunity to use their earned tokens (alliance rewards and/or sub end) in the vault which they have been pulling from during the event.

This time around, all Slice 5 sub rewards, and alliance rewards, which include "Thanos and Foes" tokens will be pulling from a post-event store, and not the vault, which will be closed.

I assume it is too late to change the vault close time....but certainly something to keep an eye on in the future.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

Quite the celebration.
    What, you're not excited by this totally original Pve that offers the same old rewards as any other pve, lol.

I do have to thank the devs though. They've really driven home the point that I shouldn't invest my money into the game anymore. Gotta thank them for that. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(04/26/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    For the Cosmic Chaos PVE, did they fix the wave nodes this time?   
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    @Brigby
    Sworded Affairs and Half-Inch Hero both have Vulture as placement reward. Is that true?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Looks like we need to wait for the 20 year celebration to get something exciting in game.  Had my hopes up a little that they had learned and would add something exciting and new. 

Unfortunately all we get are 2 characters as per regular release schedule, 1 overdue feeder, a new standard PVE and a trivial daily node.

For long term players there's nothing here to encourage us that there's any innovation on the horizon.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:
    Looks like we need to wait for the 20 year celebration to get something exciting in game.  Had my hopes up a little that they had learned and would add something exciting and new. 

Unfortunately all we get are 2 characters as per regular release schedule, 1 overdue feeder, a new standard PVE and a trivial daily node.

For long term players there's nothing here to encourage us that there's any innovation on the horizon.
    Okay, so what do you want? Because several times we've gotten innovation (Boss Rush, Fight for Wakanda, Supports, Raids, all of which tried something new), reactions have been pretty negative.

We need some middle ground. We can't function like an old married couple where we say "Surprise us" and then say "not that" every time the devs try.

Telling them that nothing is exciting or new enough to be satisfying is useless if you don't clarify what *could* be considered exciting or satisfying.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    JHawkInc said:
    Punter1 said:

Okay, so what do you want? Because several times we've gotten innovation (Boss Rush, Fight for Wakanda, Supports, Raids, all of which tried something new), reactions have been pretty negative.

We need some middle ground. We can't function like an old married couple where we say "Surprise us" and then say "not that" every time the devs try.

Telling them that nothing is exciting or new enough to be satisfying is useless if you don't clarify what *could* be considered exciting or satisfying.
    Fight laid out some awesome plans he had.  I am surprised you even brought up Boss Rush, that was a disaster with them saying that didn’t test it besides a base level. 

Fight for Wakanda, loved that event.  The issue some people had is the tiles that were to be neutral were not.  The devs pulled the event and didn’t bring it back.  

Supports, this was to be the big to do for Infinity War...we know how that went.  When we had the Support Circuit, we had more opportunities to get supports which was the biggest issue.  Now that the pulled that event, we sit here waiting.

Raid events, great concept but not get execution.  Again, some liked it because it was a non timed PVE event that the whole ally could do BUT if 1 person messed up, the whole ally would lose rewards.  

Many people have given ideas here, Line or Discord but anytime we say, “Man I wish we had more”, we are cast as negative or an old married couple.  Maybe us vets should just realize that the game we love, invested way too much money into and way to much time is what we are playing now with not much more than that. Maybe our expectations and hopes are too high.  

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    I would argue there's been a load of productive comments on all the innovation (not least of Rocketts summary above) that seem to amount to naught when the next event rolls around with the same flaws that have been discussed ad nauseam.  This is the frustration. 

We were promised they were listening and the Endgame celebration would be amazing.  It's not.