Conclave Tribunal incorrect mana cost with convoke [Fix in 3.4]

Ark
Ark Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
I have seen a bug while playing two different white planeswalkers (Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion) where Conclave Tribunal will end up costing 4 mana while many reinforcements are in play.

Conclave Tribunal is expected to work as follows:
12 mana base with 4 convoke means that if I have 4 creatures/reinforcements out, the cost is 8 mana.

How it actually works:
12 mana base cost and while I have 8 creatures/reinforcements on board, the cost is 4 mana. This is with no "supports cost x less" effects in play.

It seems like the convoke cost is noted as 4, but functions as 8.

Other cards of the same mechanic function properly (March of the Multitudes with 6+ creatures/reinforcements out costs 2 mana + stored mana).

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have made the same observations on this card. Seems like Convoke is 8.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the convoke number the minimum cost of the card or the maximum reduction?  I haven't been playing it much to try to figure it out one way or the other, but it could explain this
  • Ark
    Ark Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Convoke reads:
    While this card is in your hand, this card costs X less, where X is the amount of creatures and creature reinforcements you control, up to this card's Convoke value.
    So I think the convoke amount on this card is just wrong.

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I can confirm that the team is aware of this issue with Conclave Tribunal. The expected behavior is for the Mana Cost to be reduced by up to 4 as stated on the Convoke value, but as you all have pointed out, the Mana Cost is being reduced by up to 8, 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. This should be fixed in the upcoming 3.4 update