Divine Champions 19-21.03

13»

Comments

  • This is kind of my best case scenario - I'm traveling and can't play much, so they run my least favorite tournament type, and now the rewards are one of only two 3* characters I have maxed! I've gotten the token; I may go for the hp if I feel like it. Feel free to attack me if you see me; I'm going to be aiming for the 201-250 prize tier and I may need to lose a lot of points. I joined to late to put a true tank team in though.
  • Casually I went yesterday during last hours of heroic jugger from 0 to 400. As expected, it was a good time to join bracket, as I don't see any familiar nicknames. The tourney is not that tough or boring as expected - pretty good team variety. Fights take some time obviously, but it's something similar to Hulk LR.
  • I still don't like it but even with a 'non-diverse' team of mThor, Rags and Ares I do like it better this time around. Ares tanks green and some others, Rags has red+ and Thor takes yellow so damage is fairly spread out. Plenty of dead colors but typically that hurts the opposing team as well.

    With Thor and Rags feeding green this team has some decent/good synergies and I've been pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

    In any case the 'tank' team is up now. Hopefully it helps someone out.
  • Now this is a first time this happened o.O
    I went to sleep at the 100 spot, and when I woke up I gained 55 points and found myself at 76.
    not that big of a difference but it is the first time I GAINED points and raised in spots after going to sleep for 8 hours.
  • I'm going to try a fairly late push for a top 50 spot in the last few hours. I don't need the blue for Doom but I do need his black, so a top 50 finish will do just fine. Hopefully a 100 Lazy Thor/60 Spidey/100 Mags will be enough to run through a load of teams and finish somewhere high up.
  • EddiemonEddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    B4con M4g1c and Too_Many_Pants both have 25 Points this tournament.

    WannaBSkrull is still on 0 though
  • fedlex20fedlex20 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I still don't like it but even with a 'non-diverse' team of mThor, Rags and Ares I do like it better this time around. Ares tanks green and some others, Rags has red+ and Thor takes yellow so damage is fairly spread out. Plenty of dead colors but typically that hurts the opposing team as well.

    With Thor and Rags feeding green this team has some decent/good synergies and I've been pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

    In any case the 'tank' team is up now. Hopefully it helps someone out.


    Ive never got this quite right. How do i put my tank team? Do i have to win a fight with a team that i want to get attacked by everyone later?
  • EddiemonEddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    ichijuan wrote:
    I still don't like it but even with a 'non-diverse' team of mThor, Rags and Ares I do like it better this time around. Ares tanks green and some others, Rags has red+ and Thor takes yellow so damage is fairly spread out. Plenty of dead colors but typically that hurts the opposing team as well.

    With Thor and Rags feeding green this team has some decent/good synergies and I've been pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

    In any case the 'tank' team is up now. Hopefully it helps someone out.


    Ive never got this quite right. How do i put my tank team? Do i have to win a fight with a team that i want to get attacked by everyone later?

    Yes.
  • fedlex20fedlex20 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Eddiemon wrote:
    ichijuan wrote:
    I still don't like it but even with a 'non-diverse' team of mThor, Rags and Ares I do like it better this time around. Ares tanks green and some others, Rags has red+ and Thor takes yellow so damage is fairly spread out. Plenty of dead colors but typically that hurts the opposing team as well.

    With Thor and Rags feeding green this team has some decent/good synergies and I've been pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

    In any case the 'tank' team is up now. Hopefully it helps someone out.


    Ive never got this quite right. How do i put my tank team? Do i have to win a fight with a team that i want to get attacked by everyone later?

    Yes.

    I have 303 points and all i can see are thor/cstomr/obw teams... i ll try to take one out with a cstorm/obw/bagman team icon_razz.gif
  • fedlex20fedlex20 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    ichijuan wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    ichijuan wrote:
    I still don't like it but even with a 'non-diverse' team of mThor, Rags and Ares I do like it better this time around. Ares tanks green and some others, Rags has red+ and Thor takes yellow so damage is fairly spread out. Plenty of dead colors but typically that hurts the opposing team as well.

    With Thor and Rags feeding green this team has some decent/good synergies and I've been pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

    In any case the 'tank' team is up now. Hopefully it helps someone out.


    Ive never got this quite right. How do i put my tank team? Do i have to win a fight with a team that i want to get attacked by everyone later?

    Yes.

    I have 303 points and all i can see are thor/cstomr/obw teams... i ll try to take one out with a cstorm/obw/bagman team icon_razz.gif

    Just did it. Took down a Mstorm/obw/thor with a team that included a lvl6 bagman.

    In-game: Fedlex20, if you see me, you know what to do!
  • Woke up to a +78 in defensive wins. I guess everyones bored of this being the only event.
  • Woke up to a +78 in defensive wins. I guess everyones bored of this being the only event.

    Some folks do heavy tanking before the push. icon_e_smile.gif
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I woke up to a defensive prog reward as well (maxed Thor** + oBW + Hood).
    I'm not gonna shield but if I can grab 1-2 Doom covers I will try to maintain my ranking.
  • So at some point yesterday evening, I joined what should have been a lazy bracket. I start my climb this morning and finally decide to check rankings when I hit 500. Then I see this:

    AFA8EE3E-C673-4D98-BE8E-C9FFDD494F5C_zpswt6rkqhi.png

    Jozier AND Ferret in my bracket.

    WHAT. THE. TINYKITTY.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    wathombe wrote:
    So at some point yesterday evening, I joined what should have been a lazy bracket. I start my climb this morning and finally decide to check rankings when I hit 500. Then I see this:

    (Hang on wrong pic grr.)

    Jozier AND Ferret in my bracket.

    WHAT. THE. TINYKITTY.

    Yeah, id just join the night of from now on: too many forumgoers thinking the same thing with regards to lazy brackets. Tis maximizes the chances you get a pool of random non forumgoers, since 70% of the playerbase join during the first day.
  • People must be feeling confident with buffed rosters, I've been attacked a few times and only at 300 points, usually don't get hit before 500.

    Only using a 55 Ares though. I'm liking the Ares/Punisher team up I've got going on. Ares tanks red and green for Frank, and dropping strike tiles if I don't want to give up green to the other team. And sunder sure hits like a truck with strike tiles down. I'm almost sad I don't need anything, I'd pump Ares up a bit if I needed to grind more.
  • http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/616172259453988557/85869C9DAD283FCEBB8DD97D8189BF189FB11170/

    So much wanted 4 covers icon_e_smile.gif

    I woke up at 4.45AM to see that I'm #2. Fortunatelly guy at #1 was only 5pts above AND I got Him in my queue in the jungle map, just where I wanted. but by the time I planned to unshielded, he started losing points.

    Really lazy tourney, people weren't trying at all.
  • Got top 50.

    Fine with me. I just entered for the HP.
  • Joined today. Got 1st with a lil over 1k. 2nd had around 700.
  • uuddlrlruuddlrlr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 93 Match Maker
    #1 flew right under my nose icon_e_sad.gif

    I was #2 with less than a minute to go, and just a few points away from #1 who was shielded.
    I quickly enter a match before the event ends, but it's the worst kind, 3 maxed buffed chars, with Ares (with 2**s Thor and Storm).

    I'm not completely healed as I ended the previous match as early as possible, rather than farm some Blues and heal (I had 2**s Thor, Storm, OBW).
    So I lose the match that was probably the most important match to win out of my run.

    Then as the event ends after that match, I get a notice that I was attacked, and therefore lost some more points, so I think maybe I wasn't meant to get #1 anyway, hahaha icon_lol.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.