Game lock during Loop Prevention System popup

Options
stikxs
stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
I was playing an Hour of Devastation match with a mostly loopy deck (everything has to line up right to keep it going) and I guess I hit the time limit for my first time because the little tutorial popup came up explaining the LPS and the meter at the top with a big "got it!" button, except the popup has locked up my game and won't respond when I click the got it button so I'm going to have to close the game and start over, losing the charge. I mean holy **** what are they doing to this game? Stuff like this is why people aren't spending money, I'm done with this game.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had the same experience the other day.

I thought it was related to a separate problem of slower and slower execution of a loop, apparently a loop with energize and fabricate was more than the game can handle while maru kept casting deploy the gatewatch.
  • Tremayne
    edited April 2019
    Options
    🤬🤯😱 This happened to me again. 🙈🙉🙊

Though, D3/Oktagon could argue that loops have been prevented, I think that this is way to extreme. Or is it just extremely bad coding by the developers?

this is infuriating to compete in an app that has a stability of a infant trying to walk.
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This happens to me when I have a bunch of Djinn supports on the board.
    so I have to avoid playing a Djinn loop deck.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Tremayne Usually tutorial prompts only appear once, and then they shouldn't appear again. Are you saying that you encountered the same soft-lock when the Loop Prevention System tutorial prompt appeared in-game a second time?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Tremayne Usually tutorial prompts only appear once, and then they shouldn't appear again. Are you saying that you encountered the same soft-lock when the Loop Prevention System tutorial prompt appeared in-game a second time?
    The "Card Display System" and "Loop Prevention System" tutorial prompts appear EVERY TIME the app is opened the first time they would appear.  They do not appear after that first time as long as you don't close the app (or the app randomly restarts, as it does).

Occasionally prompts cause a soft lock.  The tutorial prompts are no exception.
  • Tremayne
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Brigby - thank you for getting back to me on this subject.

I have seen the LPS tutorial prompt many times and 2 or 3 times the app became totally unresponsive, like nothing is working and all you can do is close the app in the iOS task manager.

I have not been able to detect a pattern so well as @Mburn7 but once per reload seem pretty accurate.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I can back this post up, just encountered this same freeze during the Avacyn's Madness coalition event (Reoccuring Nightmare node), as I was pulling a loop that guaranteed me victory.