Crash of the Titans: Don Cheadle vs Josh Brolin

ZootSax
ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Warmachine at Lv280 3/5/5 had no problems at all.  Thanos got his purple off once, but promptly matched it away.  I used the red power combined with the green to do decent damage (but the red only created three attack tiles--thanks, RNG).  Thanos' health fell below 7,000, which allowed Warmachine's blue to end things.  

The LT was a 4* Captain Marvel champ level with a bonus Prowler (bringing him to 3/3/2), so not too shabby.

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a similar experience. One red and two green attacks. Never got off any blue though. LT was, hmmm, some forgettable 4* cover. I am as many others chasing Hela covers  :)
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Champed WM also no trouble, blue was in abundance and two HSDs were more than enough to take out Thanos.

Token was a random 4* to level 290 that led to another random 4* champ level.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 Level 292 Don Cheadle

This is one that confuses me. In so many crashes the characters have some sort of connection, either in comic lore or MPQ strategy. But I don't get the connection between War Machine and Thanos. Anyways...  one green and and one blue cast and it was over. Thanos never got enough color to do anything.

Token to the hoard.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one feels like it was set up to showcase Thanos' purple as a hard counter to War Machine's Red.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 said:
    This one feels like it was set up to showcase Thanos' purple as a hard counter to War Machine's Red.
    Doesn't mean much when the board has as much blue as mine did. I guess Thanos has a heck of a heat signature. Fired that off twice before he got the AP for anything, and that was it. I guess maybe Infinity War would have turned out differently if Vision hadn't shot him ;)
    Token was a Chavez champ level.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had champed War Machine just last week ready for this (well also as he had 11 saved covers lying around) and he found it pretty easy as a lvl 281 barcode hungry death machine! He quickly scanned Thanos and before I knew it ol' Grape face was down to half health and I had flashing red and green bars to unleash. Some Gatling guns, etc later and Purple Skrull took his sorry tail back to Titan. Loser!

I was hoping that my magnificent victory would make me more appreciative of Rhodey but, eh, he is still pretty meh. At least Thanos got his groceries scanned.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 said:
    I had the same issue, which surprised me a bit.  I thought that it prevented changes on tiles on the board, but didn't stop special tiles from falling due to abilities like this.

It wasn't a big deal, as War Machine finished him off pretty easily, even with Thanos getting two Infinite Powers off at the same time.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    My level 212 4/4/5 War Machine finished off Thanos on his first try, but it was pretty close - I was down to around 2600 health by the end of it. Thanos didn't manage to use any powers, but he was a king of the match-5s in colors he he didn't need. Those critical tiles pack a punch at the 5-star level (he landed one green tile between two critical tiles, youch! I think that hit me for over 4k)
    I managed to use each power once, and the attack tiles generated about 800 damage to him each turn, so it was just a matter of time before I wore him down.
    My reward was a saved cover for 4Thor.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    My 3/5/3 lvl 209 Rhodey struggled a little but got it done on the second try.
    First attempt I could not seem to deny his purple and he kept denying my green. Additionally, there was only enough blue for me to fire it once. Frustrating, but I still almost managed to get it done (needed about two more turns).  
    The second attempt had a much more favorable board. And, while, he had is purple CD out for longer than in the first battle, I was able to wear him down with blues and greens.

LLT was a Rogue yellow - exactly what my 5/5/2 (plus 2 Saved) Rogue needed to become my newest Champ!
    Her 271 LLT gave me a 5*... another C5rol... ... come on... Where's My Hela?!?!