Do you read outside General Discussion?

Options
jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
Just curious how many folks venture to the other areas of the board.

If yes, what do you check out?

Do you read outside General Discussion? 87 votes

I read only what's in General Discussion
50%
afsplatMattR42YasuruColognoisseurxKOBALTxwymtimeLystrataUNC_SamuraiSpudgutterDukeUpdatepheregasTony_FootThe rockettJHawkIncrg72mega ghostSteve111tchipleyjym010METT-T dependent 44 votes
I read threads outside General Discussion
48%
PuceMooseDormammuPorkBellyKolenceQuebbsterNeuromancerkillercoolIridiousTaganovPunter1GrimSkaldDeNappaabmorazAXP_ismesteakleatherJangoLoreZootSaxjackstar0MalcrofWarbringa 42 votes
Decline to answer (while this is still technically an answer)
1%
spidyjedi84 1 vote

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The "Events, Tournaments & Missions" section has the Crash threads and other current event items, so that's easily in second place behind General Discussion for forums I visit.  I'll rarely check Supports & Character discussions, but there's so much less activity that I don't think it's worth looking more than once a week or so.  I'll also check out Tips & Guides when I'm curious what daily resupply is coming up and look at whatever new threads are out there. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Absolutely.

I find the Character Discussion/Character DetailsEvents & TournamentsTips & Guides,and Roster & Level Help sections to be the class of these forums. It's where the most useful information can be found and is frequented by a core group of forumites that are dedicated to helping each other and (especially) newer or struggling players. The discussions there lack the snark and pessimism of General Discussion (for the most part) and the players who comment there have a genuine love for this game and sharing methods of success. They are the first areas I go to when I log into the forums.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I use the 'Recent Discussions' page at https://forums.d3go.com/discussions , so yes. Means having to ignore all the MtGPQ threads, but brings everything into one place.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope, character threads, polls and ratings used to be great. As a source of info not anymore. New forum layout killed it dead.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm mostly at the point that I don't need the information provided by events or character subforums. I occasionally bounce into speculation when I'm really bored, but not often.

95% of the time I leave General Discussion it's because threads here link to other sections (like the Sneak Peek going to Events). The other 5% is when looking for something in News and Announcements. But that's more of a reference, I'm always there looking for something I read about in General Discussion first.

The divisions are useful for helping people find things, but we barely get enough traffic to justify them, so I don't bother.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty much the same as Dormammu, except I don't go into Character Details as often, and I usually check out the Suggestions and Bugs forums as well.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    99.9% is what I read is in general.  I will check on the daily drop thread and Bugs if there is a crash.  That’s it.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I start in general, and then bounce around to tips and guides occasionally to see what going on. of course i've been keeping my long-running 5* transition thread there as well.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I mean, seldom, but I still do.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I usually use Google to find threads outside GD vs browsing around. 

When I was a commander, I used the Alliance section a fair amount. 

When Support rotation was happening, I was checking the Support section pretty often as I was getting new ones. Maybe that’ll happen again. 

When bored I will check the bug section and marvel at the number of unresolved bugs. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    I use the 'Recent Discussions' page at https://forums.d3go.com/discussions , so yes. Means having to ignore all the MtGPQ threads, but brings everything into one place.

From the main forum list - https://forums.d3go.com/categories/marvel-puzzle-quest use the gear on the MPQ forums to "follow" those you're interested in (most of them)

Then on the link noted before change the view to only "following" you then won't see any more pesky MTGPQ theads! This link also works: https://forums.d3go.com/discussions?followed=1&save=1

In answer to the poll - use the above and you don't care what "area" a thread is in, you always just see the newest posts.