Bug in the rating nag-screen [Investigating]

Options
abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
Every time I update MPQ, it nags me to re-rate the game.  My current rating is "1 star: game incessantly nags you to rate it, has severely broken PvP, and is mostly Pay-2-Win.  Actual game play is fun and, if you are a marvel fan, has a decently large character base to keep you coming back."  That rating will be updated as those flaws are fixed, but no sooner.

The bug is that the options for the ratings nag screen do not follow MPG's own rules.  There are not positive, negative, and neutral options.  Only positive ("I can help!") and neutral ("Maybe later") options.  Where is the negative ("Leave me alone" or "No thank you") option? 

As it is, I have to click the "I can help" option, wait for Google Play to open, wait for it to load, then force-quit it to actually play the game.  I can't just close the nag screen.  If I choose "Maybe later", the nag screen pops up every time I re-open the game.

@Mods : Please enforce MPQs own rules on this.  Thank you.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It sounds like an issue specific to your device. I clicked "maybe later" but I don't get the rating screen every time I open up the game. I'm running on Android and I open and close the game about 10 times throughout the day. 

Anyway, the rules apply to the forum, not to the game. "Maybe later" can be interpreted as no or neutral. Let's not get uptight over this small matter. 
  • Maximus7481
    Maximus7481 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I periodically have the same issue. Android Samsung S7. I agree. Don't keep taking me back to the ratings as eventually I'm just going to knock the rating down out of frustration.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just an update... it's still happening with the update that went out today.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think the game has any way to tell whether you've rated or reviewed it on whatever app store your device uses.  So instead, they just nag you every time the game code is updated (roughly once a fortnight?).

When I click "maybe later", that's the last I see of the nag screen until the next update though.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reviving this.

This has happened after every new "data push".  Just received R176 on Android device and the first thing it asked me to do was rate the game.  I have already rated the game in the app store. 

How is this "being investigated" for nearly a year and still happening?  The game can  keep record of every cover on my roster, all of my iso hp and cp balances, and tracks every use of every character and every bonus hero ever rewarded so much so that we can use that information for forum trivia contests, and somehow is unable to record that it already asked me to rate the game and I responded?

It is admittedly a small issue but how hard can it really be to fix?
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Happens to me with every update, though I don't think it is worth 1 starring the game. That just means less ppl come to game and game goes downhill.

It goes away for me when I say "later". Not like it updates even weekly, really not a biggie :/
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Theghouse
    @Feliz

As far as I know, this is not something the developers have control over. If you're using an iOS device, you can turn this setting off in the iTunes Settings menu. If you're using an Android device, try this suggestion: Tap "Yes" like you're going to leave a review. Once the Google Play Store opens, tap the "Back" button on your device or close the page.  
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok thx for that tombstone  B)