250 CP for Okoye Black?

Options
helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
Looking for advice: I am a fully entrenched 4* player with every 4 (except Thanos and Talos) at 209 or champed. I play both PvE and PvP SCL 9 for Progression only (max and 900). Any placement is a bonus.

I have no fully covered 5’s and my most covered ones due to bad luck are garbage tier (Archangel, Banner). None are leveled.

My Okoye sits at 1/2/0 (got the black from Shuri’s champ reward). Is it worth 250 CP to get another black? Currently sitting on 1000 CP building a hoard. Will she speed my game that much? I do have America champed, and my 5 Thor sits at 2/0/0.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would not spend that much CP unless it sllowed me to champ them. But its ultimately your choice.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ThorOkoye might be a the best pair in the game, but Thor at 2 green won't gen much AP and Okoye won't pack enough punch.

If you are looking to make a jump into that world, you are going to have to be patient and wait for meta characters to hit a store.  I got SO lucky that the Okoye/Thor/Kitty store dropped when I was hoarding.  And got even luckier with pulls.

So, based on my experience, I'd just hoard and hoard and hoard CP waiting for a meta store.  Hoard LTs until something good comes along.  Maybe the next 5* once Doom leaves might be solid with Endgame being so close.  People seem to really like Hela.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It's not worth it if you only have 3 covers.  If it was your 13th then yes.  I think you are better off continuing to hoard until at least Doom and 5*Captain Marvel leave latest legends.  Hela seems pretty decent and who knows what the next two 5* will be.  You'll probably want to wait for some new meta 5*s unless you want to chase Okoye, Kitty, and Thor in Classics.  
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Will she speed my game that much?
    Champed or near-champed, yes. At 2/2/0, no.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I would say that okoye black is a worthy purchase if it will get you materially closer to champing her in the near future (e.g. you already have ~9 or more covers). 

alternarely, it migjt be a good purchase if you will actually use her undercovered. Okoye is esepcially good undercovered because she can true heal and boosts her teammates damage noticeably. 

So what would a 2/2/0 okoye at her soft cap do for your team?  Would she break into your regular 4* rotation?  If so, then buy her (she is both incredibly good, and also not a frequent target of nerf conversations, so an investment in champing her eventually is one of the best possible uses of resources in the game right now.).

If, as is more likely, she would just ride your bench even with the extra cover, then the better strategy is likely to be patience.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Okoye is 2-5-4 (and I got the one from Shuri at 280 already). I have the CP. What do you all think? Should I?

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @St_Bernadus

ABSOLUTELY.  At 3 black and some levels she's really usable.  BH Shuri and keep chasing.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @St_Bernadus

ABSOLUTELY.  At 3 black and some levels she's really usable.  BH Shuri and keep chasing.

Yes, this will put you at 12/13 covers.  And at 435, with 5 yellow covers and 3 black covers okoye is arguably better than most 5*s (especially if you have a royal talon fighter).   I think she will have ~50k health, and will add ~750 damage per team up/AP.  I think it would be a very good purchase.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This single purchase isn't going to change your game, but if you're determined to chase her, and are doing so via Shuri covers, you might consider that the best your current Shuri can get you s 2/4/2, so you'll need to grow a second Shuri to 360 unless you get lucky with bonus heroes, and any useful cover is going to shave months off your wait.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nah I'd keep hoarding. I'd only do it if it was you last cover for you needed to champion her. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    If it would feel like progress to you, then it's worth it.

Being able to get a useful 5* cover that you specifically want can often cost you much more than 250CP due to the RNG (even in a store that features her).
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My Okoye is 2-5-4 (and I got the one from Shuri at 280 already). I have the CP. What do you all think? Should I?

Seems like an easy decision to buy it.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

Seems like an easy decision to buy it.
    Done. Wish I bought it before the pve now...
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I almost bought her for 250 cp, I had her at 3/5/2 (with 6, 6! stored covers), but instead I opened my mini hoard of 35 pulls, and got a black in a BH pull. I also got 12 LL, sadly only two Hela. 

Still the best buy/pull decision of my career. Don't discount my anecdotal evidence. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought the Okoye cover. I use her every day and every level helps. But this is only worth doing for the very top of my roster - Okoye, Thor, Thanos, Kitty.
    On the other hand, I am very happy I did not buy the last Okoye HfH cover as the offer came at the same time as the Favorite Legends store. My last 10 pulls in that store had 3 fivestar covers, so the CP was definitely better spent there.
    I definitely think a small boost to a top character today can be a better value than 10 pulls at an unspecified future time though.
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you're a 3* player and don't have any Okoye covers, it's worth it. Even at 1 Black cover, she will improve nearly any 3* team you use, especially with Strang3. I did a write-up about using a 1/0/0 Okokye in 3* Land, here: