Why no RNA Elite Pack today?

ZW2007-
ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
See title, what gives? I spent 3,200 jewels on the RNA Elite Pack with Killer Instinct, trying to get Killer Instinct. Guess which card I am missing from that pack...go on...I'll give you three guesses. Take your time and think really hard... Yep, you're right, Killer Instinct. I spent all of my resources trying to get one card and got every other card instead. I didn't want any of the other cards but what are you gonna do. I sucked it up and waited two weeks while saving up jewels for KI and now it's not even here? This is beyond frustrating. You guys have had a set pattern for newest set Elite Packs for about as long as I remember and now is the time you decide to shake things up? It's **** like this that really pushes my buttons.

Comments

• thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Seriously. I’m in the same exact boat and it really seems like a weird bug or something. New set EP’s should always be available. Especially since I think(?) we got two shots at the other RNA EP’s but only one at the KI one. Can anyone confirm?

Throw that on top of the fact that IXL crafting is bugged and crashing the game anyway and you’ve got a whole lot of whattheheck with this rotation. 
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    You are right that we got the other two RNA EPs twice and only one shot at the KI one. It's a load of **** if you ask me. They change things on a whim just for the hell of it but can't be bothered to fix any random bugs that are reported constantly.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I do like their general pattern lately of having one RNA pack, one non-RNA Standard pack, and one Legacy pack.  That's a good approach going forward.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Gabrosin said:
    I do like their general pattern lately of having one RNA pack, one non-RNA Standard pack, and one Legacy pack.  That's a good approach going forward.

I agree with this, except that I don't see any legacy elite pack in the vault this week :-(
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Count me in.
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Shouldn't legacy EPs be significantly less than standard? If I can craft a legacy mythic for 3/5 the cost of standard, then the EPs should be similarly discounted. Just a thought.
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Why not make more packs available @Brigby?  I mean, 2 legacy, 2 standard and 1 latest.  This should be really easy to implement and would be an easy improvement.  There's many people wanting oldest cards and there's still many wanting newer (bsz anyone?)
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Rotation is fairly lengthy given the 1 week period and growing number of packs.  Even with the 3 slots.  This is creating a bit of clutter already.

Perhaps it's time to think along the lines of an overhaul of sorts.  Maybe even separating it ala booster Crafting.  I'm not sure you want to give up artificial scarcity created by the rotation entirely (There has to be some degree of stuff to look forward to).
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    Artificial scarcity don't bring anything positive IMHO.  I've been waiting the pack I need for over a month now ... and only frustration is building out of it. Worst thing is it looks like I still have another month to wait...   :/
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Why not make more packs available @Brigby?  I mean, 2 legacy, 2 standard and 1 latest.  This should be really easy to implement and would be an easy improvement.  There's many people wanting oldest cards and there's still many wanting newer (bsz anyone?)
    Would be happy with a shorter rotation too.  Does the pack need to up for a whole week?  We could rotate them every three days or so instead.

Also... why is the Ixalan pack still "everything from Ixalan" instead of being split into multiples?

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Gabrosin said:
    Would be happy with a shorter rotation too.  Does the pack need to up for a whole week?  We could rotate them every three days or so instead.

-snip-
    Maybe some people just need the extra time to get those last couple of Mana Jewels they need. Others may just not be super active and only log on once a week. 

Setting it to a whole week probably gives more players more leeway to get the Elite Pack they want.
  • Theophilus
    edited April 2019
    Make it 24 hours and folks won't have to wait more than a week to find their target. I've been waiting 3 years (slight exaggeration) for Stitch in Time!

Also, why must legacy EPs cost the same as standard? If they were dropped to 240 pinks they would be the same ratio as booster crafting. Just saying.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make it 24 hours and folks won't have to wait more than a week to find their target. I've been waiting 3 years (slight exaggeration) for Stitch in Time!

Also, why must legacy EPs cost the same as standard? If they were dropped to 240 pinks they would be the same ratio as booster crafting. Just saying.

I don't think 24 hours is a good idea.  The 1 week rotation makes them the same as planeswalkers and works just fine.

Also, 240 is waaay too low, even for legacy.  Masterpieces are still in those packs, after all.  I'd say if there was going to be a cost reduction I would go with 300 or 350.  No need for it to be proportional to something released over a year later.
  • Theophilus
    You're right. The inclusion of Masterpieces makes it different than Booster Crafting. I would appreciate a significant reduction to reflect the usability of the cards. If I can only use them 50% of the time, I shouldn't have to pay 100% of the cost. I have not spent any pinks on Legacy EPs because of this.

BUT, they really should either add another set each week or shorten the rotation. Right now there are just too many sets to rotate through 2 at a time, especially when many of the sets are broken into two groups. 

That's just my humble opinion. At the end of the day, I don't expect them to change anything.