Avengers vs Ultron - Event Details (4/17/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi All,

Here are the event details for the upcoming Avengers vs Ultron Alliance event:

Comments

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Ty Brigby 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a reason why Ultron and not the Thanos event to release a new Thanos?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Thanos’s boss event last ran pretty recently.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby, in the game the powered up list in the event preview includes 5* Cap Marvel (GW), this table doesnt... As well as Hela for "new". Just to let you know.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    A boss event without boosted Wolverine?  :o  Did Mephisto's realm freeze over, or something?
  • Feliz
    edited April 2019
    No grey suit widow either as boosted :open_mouth:

People said same guys kept getting boosted... they listened ;) 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Feliz said:

?? Yes she is, she’s the required 3*, and very useful against Ultron to boot :)
    Maybe this will encourage people to try her missile-clearing skills
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol/C&D/Domino is pretty fun. Go ahead, match that black. Break that line and make that cascade. I’ll wait...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    abenness said:
    Feliz said:

?? Yes she is, she’s the required 3*, and very useful against Ultron to boot :)
    Maybe this will encourage people to try her missile-clearing skills
    Just remember to change her green and red both to 4 vs Ultron.  You get an extra few squares cleared with the Pistol, and there's only one enemy for the green to target.
  • Feliz
    Ok so I made an oopsy on BW grey suit. i was looking at reinforcement list lol

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I had forgotten how fun & effective Hawkguy is against Ultron's sentries.  Based on my roster, boosted he's only 18 levels below my highest boosted character, so he fits right in the mix.  In the wave nodes, he can routinely go through all his arrows, even without a battery on the team, and the true heal really saves health packs.  In spite of the massive color overlap, I've been using him with Kraven (except against the triple Sentry Gunner nodes, where they're too dangerous to keep their tiles on the board.  Infinity War Widow also added to the fun with the reduced-cost arrows in the most recent wave.

Why, yes, I do bring a guy with a bow & arrow and a guy with a spear & knife to combat the robot uprising.  Why do you ask?   ...and don't worry, sometimes I bring a woman with a staff, too.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Nightcrawler (Blue) and Mordo (Purple) are also good against the sentries. Their (never used) AP totals always climb so high, making them quite devastating. Especially in wave nodes.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Carol, Coulson unboosted and either 5* Hawkeye or 3* Hawkguy.  Coulson fires off countdowns whenever someone fires a power, and his purple can help you make some pesky matches to knock out bombs in a pinch. Carols black nuke is just there to build up steam before you fire it off. Perfect against Ultron. Wave nodes is where Hulkbuster's high hitpoints comes in handy. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Nightcrawler (Blue) and Mordo (Purple) are also good against the sentries. Their (never used) AP totals always climb so high, making them quite devastating. Especially in wave nodes.
    Hela's wolf likes them too... :)

• sambrookjm
    But don't use Nightcrawler vs Ultron.  BAMF! makes those bombs drop awfully fast...so far, my son's only loss was due to some unfortunate bomb placement after a BAMF when experimenting with Nightcrawler.  His roster's best team is probably his champed Hulkbuster with 3-star Iron Fist and Cyclops.  Iron Fist's purple for black.  Cyclops's yellow and Iron Man's blue for red tiles, and then one big Eye Blast and Repulsor Punch to knock Ultron out.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    These days I’m just powering through with Kitty/Rocket/JJ. When I was firmly in 4 star land my team for handling Ultron was Rogue, SWitch, and Teen Jean. Pretty reliable combo if I recall correctly.
  • sambrookjm
    jp1 said:
    These days I’m just powering through with Kitty/Rocket/JJ. When I was firmly in 4 star land my team for handling Ultron was Rogue, SWitch, and Teen Jean. Pretty reliable combo if I recall correctly.
    Sadly, Teen Jean doesn't get rid of the Ultron Bomb tiles.  She works well against the Sentries, though.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Sadly, Teen Jean doesn't get rid of the Ultron Bomb tiles.  She works well against the Sentries, though.
    Hmmm, you know what? I think I was remembering my Apocalypse team.  :| 
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Rogue would have been a staple on Ultron as well, can’t recall who I took with her though.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    But don't use Nightcrawler vs Ultron.  BAMF! makes those bombs drop awfully fast...so far, my son's only loss was due to some unfortunate bomb placement after a BAMF when experimenting with Nightcrawler.  His roster's best team is probably his champed Hulkbuster with 3-star Iron Fist and Cyclops.  Iron Fist's purple for black.  Cyclops's yellow and Iron Man's blue for red tiles, and then one big Eye Blast and Repulsor Punch to knock Ultron out.
    They're talking about side node (sentries) not the boss itself (Ultron). So no bombs to worry about.