Mirror March Unintended Consequence? [Investigating]

Theophilus
Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
About half the time I am able to properly use Mirror March, the destruction of random gems eventually causes matches that destroys the support gem. When this occurs, my monster of a creature loses haste and all of its reinforcements. Nothing in the text indicates that these effects are removed if the support is destroyed. The effects should last until the end of the turn.

If this "problem" is an intended consequence and the proper function of this card, then please change it. 

/Edited title - Daiane 

Comments

• Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    As written, the haste effect is actually a continuous effect from the support itself. It shouldn’t be, in the spirit of the card. But, that’s how it’s parsed right now.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi! 

Thank you for let us know.  I'll pass along the team. 
  • Theophilus
    Thanks @Oktagon_Daiane!

2 things: 

1) I noticed the update to the "Known" list pinned to the top of this forum did not include anything about this particular issue being investigated.

2) I've been playing a bit more with this card lately and noticed another frequent issue that I can't quite figure out. Sometimes, after reinforcing and destroying gems several times, Mirror March just self destructs in sparks. It seems like this happens with a few other gems at the same time. Maybe it's randomly selecting itself until it is destroyed, idk. The battle log offers no insight. Similar to my previous post, when this happens my creature(s) lose haste and do not attack. 

To add more insight to my original post, the reinforcements are lost at the end of the turn, not immediately. When I played Orzhov Pontiff with Mirror March on the board, the pontiff was reinforced several times before Mirror March was destroyed. He lost his haste, but after my other creature attacked, he lost his reinforcements and I received my spirit tokens.

Ok, after reading the card again I almost deleted the post. I think the problem comes in the interpretation. It says "While this support is on the board, your creatures gain haste." Is this to mean that 1) as long as this support is on the board your creatures HAVE haste until this support is destroyed, or 2) any creatures that are in play or enter that battlefield while this support is in play GAIN haste. To me, if a creature GAINs something, it becomes a property of that creature. 

Apparently I'm the only one that sees this as a problem, but I'll ask anyway. PLEASE change this card to at least give creatures haste until the end of the turn. Pretty please with sugar on top.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is still happening
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll pass this along to see if the team can have another look at this card. 
  • Theophilus
    edited May 2019
    More info confirming my 2nd point above-

I am more certain that Mirror March is not immune to its own random destruction of gems. When it destroys itself this way, the support gem and the other 4 gems randomly selected will destroy with a sparking effect.