Weekly Buffed and Featured Character Damage

helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
Has anyone tracked how level increases, match damage, and power damage are scaled for weekly buffed and featured characters? I searched the forums but to no avail, so if this has already been answered, I'd really appreciate pointing me in that direction. I just started capturing my own data but it's not clear to me how things scale, and in particular:

1) Does a weekly buffed character get a different increase than a featured character?
2) Does the increase vary by star level?
3) Does the increase vary by character level?
4) Does the increase vary for champed vs non-champed?
5) Does the increase vary by number of covers for non-champed?

It looks like it's about double but not exactly. For example:

This week, Red Hulk was a weekly buff. My champed 4* Red Hulk went from level 296 to 395 (99 levels), and his match damage increased between 2.00x and 2.15x, depending on the color (blue from 13 to 26 and team up from 48 to 103).

5* Kingpin was featured. My 1/1/0 level 255 Kingpin went from level 255 to 365 (110 levels), and his match damage increased between 2.00x and 2.09x (yellow from 22 to 44 and team up from 88 to 184).

3* The Hood was a weekly buff. My max champed Hood went form level 266 to 367 (101 levels) and his match damage increased between 1.60x and 1.97x (red from 13 to 21 and black from 65 to 128).

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Featured buffs are bigger than Weekly, I believe, but I'm not entirely sure. I do know that "double everything when they're boosted" is the general quick approximation for how much boosts help.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Actually I think featured buffs are a set amount of levels but weekly buffs are relative to the starting level of the character in your roster. Over the last few cycles i’ve found it irritating that the 3*s on the weekly buff list are raised to a higher level than the featured 3* (367 vs 364 from a base of 266). I’m sure it’s unintentional but it would be nice if, for example, spidey would tank yellow and blue for hood but the weekly and featured buff difference mean hood tanks over spidey. First world problems I guess. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    helix72 said:
    :

1) Does a weekly buffed character get a different increase than a featured character?
    2) Does the increase vary by star level?
    3) Does the increase vary by character level?
    4) Does the increase vary for champed vs non-champed?
    5) Does the
    1. Yes featured boost is bigger than weekly boost. 4* get a bigger bump than 3*. Ocassionally you see a 5*get an feature event boost of around 10- 15 levels for events like BFF, Valentine day, Black vortex blah blah.
    2. Yes see above. But 4* get the biggest bump, then 3* then 5* get around ten levels. But this only happens for certain events like bff X-men so on
    3. The amount of boost doesn’t vary, but character designs scale at different rates. Less about star tier and really how recent the design was released.  So recent releases will scale faster and hit harder than older design in the same tier.

4. Champ vs non champ is irrelevant. What your seeing is the ramp up in that chars scaling

5. Covers really only matter in the context of how many levels does it allow you to buy. The first 13 chars are the most valuable because you can buy 270 levels. After that every level costs a cover.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The right support can give any boosted 4* near the match damage of a 5*, which is pretty good for those without full 5*s!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof said:
    The right support can give any boosted 4* near the match damage of a 5*, which is pretty good for those without full 5*s!
    And on that note (and i really am glad you brought this up), what is up with supports? Right now they seem to have been shoved to the back of the closet and forgotten about... For those of us trying our very bestest to chase them, are there any updates? Will the store at least rotate? Or are we stuck in limbo until all Endgame celebrations are over and done with, and someone remembers which closet they were shoved in?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof said:
    And on that note (and i really am glad you brought this up), what is up with supports? Right now they seem to have been shoved to the back of the closet and forgotten about... For those of us trying our very bestest to chase them, are there any updates? Will the store at least rotate? Or are we stuck in limbo until all Endgame celebrations are over and done with, and someone remembers which closet they were shoved in?
    Boy, these are good questions.... all brought up in the Support Circuit suspension thread with no answers as yet.  I'm not terribly optimistic that they will update the tokens for a while, based on how long we were stuck with the Duplicate 18 being the only constantly available Supports.  I would not be surprised if they want to leave everything as is until they roll out a Support Circuit update and resume token rotations.

My best-case-scenario estimate is June for anything to get touched.