MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2019 Edition *Updated (4/26/19)

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    Why are we not talking more about who ??? is??? Have they not decided? Would it be a spoiler of something we’re about to find out regarding Endgame? Could they be so cruel as to make it Talos and they don’t want the backlash early?
    Dude, chill, its not Talos.
    Shield training is 3 characters who are already in tokens (in this case: carnage, moon knight, nick fury) and the New Character (NC) who is represented by ??? because they cant reveal it yet (see clue in release notes). NC is needed on the bottom row nodes only*, while the existing 3 will be the one earning you that NC cover.
    Nobody is being cruel, no backlash expected as all 3 requireds are vintage, and people have had ample time to cover them.

NC probably is a tie-in character with Endgame, and will likely be revealed next week about tuesday-ish, depending on which part of the world you hail from.

* You can earn NC covers from pvp (notice the same ??? in rewards there) and the boss event with your alliance, as well as the following event progression. So no worries, this will be fun! :)
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    JHawkInc said:

And I would reiterate how awesome it is that the Shield Training has older characters that players have had more time to cover. I've already heard some people excited that they'll be able to get all three to level 209 in time, and I think that's better than the bummer people would feel if they were stuck with a newer character they couldn't get ready in time. 
    I too appreciate the use of older characters. I would note that newer players like myself (day 320) actually would consider older characters harder to use in ST. The recent event/essential schedule would’ve allowed for around 7 or 8 covers of a new character prior to ST. With dilution, you need to get lucky a lot with heroics and store tokens to get a specific character to 209. MK is actually one of my favorite comic characters (hence the name) and as I have not focused him he is 1/1/4. For reference I have 11 4* champs and 27 @ 209. Carnage happens to be champed and Nick Fury is at 209. Also of note—Magik and Talos are both 209 for me. In the 10 months I’ve been playing MK hasn’t been featured once in PvE, I don’t think. 

I actually do do appreciate the use of vintage characters though for the vet crowd. They are what’s kept the game going before us new guys came around. Just wanted to throw my 0.02 on. I also would echo from the rooftops my appreciation for at giving us better updates. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Last year, 10 days before Infinity War released, there was a major Marvel press release detailing all the IW characters and events in all of their games for the next 1 1/2 to 2 months.

See also the Captain Marvel push more recently.

I would not be surprised at all if on this coming Monday or Tuesday we see something similar, revealing several Endgame characters coming to MPQ over the next month or so.

______

It is a bit odd to see that the devs couldn't fix the MRG to be the 3 day version, which already exists but hasn't been run since 12/21/17.  Maybe they haven't updated the nodes and rewards table for that one with Riso yet, so the easier option was running the 4 day right now.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Do you have a list of the PVE featured 5* and future projections?
    Yes, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here on the forums that does. It's basically all of the info from the Sneak Peek threads, just formatted and sorted into one place.

Unfortunately it's messy at the moment, because I put in a lot of unexplained labels and shorthand, so parts of it wouldn't make a lot of sense to someone else. So for that reason I don't share it (yet, I'm working on cleaning up the spreadsheet so I can share it), but I don't mind answering any questions, either. Or at least giving the best educated guess I can, based on the data I have.

My future projections only go through the end of June (when this cycle ends and all Classic will have been featured at least once), but I can sit down and plot something out past that easy enough, I just haven't bothered yet. And some of it is guesswork, since there are some things I can't predict and things that change over time, but when you're talking about whether or not a character will next show up in May or October, the rough estimate works pretty well.
    Could you tell me when IW cap is set to be featured and if his HFH will be red and if it’s worth spending 250 CP on a red cover for a 2/5/5 whose feeder has already spit out a red?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:

And I would reiterate how awesome it is that the Shield Training has older characters that players have had more time to cover. I've already heard some people excited that they'll be able to get all three to level 209 in time, and I think that's better than the bummer people would feel if they were stuck with a newer character they couldn't get ready in time. 
    I too appreciate the use of older characters. I would note that newer players like myself (day 320) actually would consider older characters harder to use in ST. The recent event/essential schedule would’ve allowed for around 7 or 8 covers of a new character prior to ST. With dilution, you need to get lucky a lot with heroics and store tokens to get a specific character to 209. MK is actually one of my favorite comic characters (hence the name) and as I have not focused him he is 1/1/4. For reference I have 11 4* champs and 27 @ 209. Carnage happens to be champed and Nick Fury is at 209. Also of note—Magik and Talos are both 209 for me. In the 10 months I’ve been playing MK hasn’t been featured once in PvE, I don’t think. 

I actually do do appreciate the use of vintage characters though for the vet crowd. They are what’s kept the game going before us new guys came around. Just wanted to throw my 0.02 on. I also would echo from the rooftops my appreciation for at giving us better updates. 
    Moon Knight is currently the placement rewards for The Hunt, and his black cover will be the progression reward for MR&G. Pretty good timing, I'd say...
  • bluewolf
    Cap IW is coming up in the near future.  He was last run after Strange and Phoenix, so he should be after they are run (BW may be right around him).

But they may be mixing things up for Endgame.

The next time Cap is run, red should be the cover on offer.  Whether it's worth spending 250 CP.....He is good for bosses and kind of fun to mess around with, but otherwise I'm not sure I'd spend on him.

• MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Moon Knight is currently the placement rewards for The Hunt, and his black cover will be the progression reward for MR&G. Pretty good timing, I'd say...
    I don’t think anyone playing for placement is probably worried about covering him for ST—I usually am T50 in SCL8 which doesn’t award a cover. Nowhere near a roster to play SCL9, and I have no idea what placement gives the 4*.

The progression reward is very welcome, though. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    We should see IW Cap by the end of May. Next up in rotation are Black Widow (who they have been skipping), Doctor Strange, Phoenix, and then IW Cap. Even with another boss between Ultron and then, we should still see him before May is over.

I don't track colors for those covers, unfortunately. It was more of a resource for people who in my alliance that were still trying to acquire all of the 5's to know who was coming when. Thankfully someone linked the forum thread where others take notes, always good to have multiple sources for these things. Might need to tinker with my sheet and add the colors in for those that want to track it.

I would reiterate that they may mix things up for Endgame. I already think that's why Black Widow has been skipped so far. They could just as easily skip Phoenix and OML and Gambit and pull the two Caps and Black Panther in during Endgame celebrations to focus on MCU characters.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t think anyone playing for placement is probably worried about covering him for ST—I usually am T50 in SCL8 which doesn’t award a cover. Nowhere near a roster to play SCL9, and I have no idea what placement gives the 4*.

The progression reward is very welcome, though. 
    Maybe, maybe not. Just thought it might be worth mentioning for any newer players close to getting him covered who might be contenders for placement. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - ??? (4/18/19) *New Update*
    Required Characters:
    4-Star: ???, Nick Fury, Carnage, Moon Knight

I can complete the SHIELD Training again  :)
  • bluewolf
    Could you tell me when IW cap is set to be featured and if his HFH will be red and if it’s worth spending 250 CP on a red cover for a 2/5/5 whose feeder has already spit out a red?
    The color on offer follows a simple rule:  First time, start with the top color and advance the color on offer one position each time the offer is available.  (Restart at the top after 3 times.)  Kingpin has been a 5E with an HfH 5 times, so his current HfH is his 2nd color, black.

Cap IW has been a 5E 6 times previously, so the next time around, he should have his red offered again.

The caveat is that mistakes happen.  I believe JJ is off of the cycle for some reason, as is Surfer.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, time to take Nick and Carnage to 209, lucky they don't have too far to go from 185 and 180 respectively. Excellent!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Changed ??? to Thanos (Endgame)
  • bluewolf
    The other nice thing about this run of Shield Training is the characters were all recently rewarded.

Carnage was the 4 for alliance rewards in Come and Get Me, run 2/28/19.
    Moon Knight was just in PVE rewards for the Hunt.
    Nick Fury covers were available in his costume vault and, of course, from the current MRG run, and one will be in progression in the upcoming Avengers vs Ultron event.

I mean, this is all just super player friendly in terms of not requiring characters who haven't been PVE rewards in a really long time (which is usually the case).  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ah, time to take Nick and Carnage to 209, lucky they don't have too far to go from 185 and 180 respectively. Excellent!
    Just had nearly the exact same problem lol. i had the iso for Fury, Carnage is still dragging some at 202. Luckily I'd champed Moon Knight earlier this week just for the 13 saved covers he had banked up. bank error in your favor I guess 
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    How is this weekend not Mad Titan alliance event?
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

Will this continue to be updated with the events/required characters or will you only update the Endgame Celebration post?
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby How much closer to event do we need to be for details?  Like 1hr out lol