Forum Bug: Pinned Threads constantly showing "New" marker even though i have the most recent post

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
It's hit or miss for me in General Discussion as to whether or not the "new" indicator on pinned threads will go away after I read or post into it. I'd say 66% of them just show Brigby as the poster. Right now, the Kra-Van support is one of many behaving this way, but it's notable since I am the most recent post in it.

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @ThaRoadWarrior
    Unless I refresh the page after viewing a post, mine also stays tagged as new.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2019
    Options
    so you need to refresh the page that lists the thread, or you need to refresh from within the thread you viewed?

*edit* i tried it both ways, and neither had any effect
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @ThaRoadWarrior Are these specifically the "Moved: __________" threads that display the New tag still, or is it all Announced threads that behave that way?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Sorry, missed that update. @Brigby testing it today, it does appear that it's the ones with "moved:____" that have it persist now.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Sorry, missed that update. Brigby testing it today, it does appear that it's the ones with "moved:____" that have it persist now.
    No worries! Hmm I see. I think I might've seen that once or twice as well. I'll ping the web developers we work with, and see if they know how to resolve that. Thanks!