MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2019 Edition *Updated (4/26/19)

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    BoP? Neat!

Everyone about to complain, don't worry, we know all about your issues with the event.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    Brigby So no new release next week?
    We've got some new stuff coming. Don't worry ;)
    How about a feeder or 2 to pass the time while we wait for that? ;-)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    A release on the 11th would match schedule with a release on the 25th and the End Game release. I don’t trust this Sneak Peek and its non-release suggestion.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that a rerun of the Sweet taco cycle?
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    Is that a rerun of the Sweet taco cycle?
    Wondering that myself.  Didn't we just cycle through those characters (BP, Magneto, etc)?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

@Quebbster and @Dougfresh413 are correct.

This was the Sweet taco cycle a week or so ago:

Sweet (3/29/19)
    3-Star Required: Elektra (Assassin), Gambit (Modern), Angel, Black Panther (T'Challa), Magneto (Classic)
    Crash of the Titans: Nebula

There may be some copypasta going on.....unless we are getting the same 5 3's in TBE again.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited April 2019
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby

@Quebbster and @Dougfresh413 are correct.

This was the Sweet taco cycle a week or so ago:

Sweet (3/29/19)
    3-Star Required: Elektra (Assassin), Gambit (Modern), Angel, Black Panther (T'Challa), Magneto (Classic)
    Crash of the Titans: Nebula

There may be some copypasta going on.....unless we are getting the same 5 3's in TBE again.
    *checks notes* Hmm that's peculiar. I'll have to double check and see if that's intentional or not. If it's not, then I'll be sure to update it once I receive the new 3-Star lineup

Update: Adjusted 4/8/19 DDQ 3-Star Required to reflect a different lineup
    Update 2: Apologies for the confusion, but it would appear that we were unfortunately unable to adjust the lineup in-time for Monday, so the 3-Star Required lineup will still be the same characters as the lineup for 3/29.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    So it seems like they're not doing the rotation of the recent vs Classic 4* featured characters at present.  That's ... I have mixed feelings.  It means that it will take a lot longer to cover a 4*, but the flip side of that is that it will also mean that my 4* roster will be more relevant as there's a better chance the featured character will be of a decent level.

Maybe we're going back to 50/50 vaulting of the 4* characters?  I actually liked that...
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Player in this forum...
    Last week:  There is not enough communication and too many new releases!
    This week:  You put out advance notice in a timely fashion and there is no new release?  RAGE!
    ;)

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Player in this forum...
    This week:  You put out advance notice in a timely fashion and there is no new release?  RAGE!
    ;)

I think you are mistaking confusion for rage. Mind you, they look eerily similar sometimes, especially around here... :)

• FesterTester
    Ed_Dragonrider said:

I think you are mistaking confusion for rage. Mind you, they look eerily similar sometimes, especially around here... :)

There's a difference?

In all seriousness, I am intrigued by how the devs appear to have not just broken but shattered the LLLVV cycle for four-star essentials.  Wondering if it means that some other means is in the works to focus on new releases and possibly combat dilution in the four-star tier.
    Unfortunately if there is, they probably won't drop any hints until it's ready to roll out (or maybe not at all... they never did announce the four-star LLLVV cycle, players noticed it on their own).  Thus ticking off the players again by imposing a new idea from above without considering potentially useful feedback.
    Personally I liked the system of weighting the latest 12 in tokens, although arguably the LLLVV cycle was better at preparing characters for Shield Training.  The obvious fix to that is to not require characters that were just released, but the entire point of ST is to reward superwhales who lootbox their way to victory, so whatever.

No new release announcement could just mean they ran into a minor setback on the next new character so it's getting pushed back a week, or they are intentionally delaying in order to have a bigger push for Endgame.
    Hopefully it's not three new releases at once, and Shield Training featuring a character too new for tokens, SpiderHam, and Taskmaster.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ed_Dragonrider said:

There's a difference?

In all seriousness, I am intrigued by how the devs appear to have not just broken but shattered the LLLVV cycle for four-star essentials.  Wondering if it means that some other means is in the works to focus on new releases and possibly combat dilution in the four-star tier.
    Unfortunately if there is, they probably won't drop any hints until it's ready to roll out (or maybe not at all... they never did announce the four-star LLLVV cycle, players noticed it on their own).  Thus ticking off the players again by imposing a new idea from above without considering potentially useful feedback.
    Personally I liked the system of weighting the latest 12 in tokens, although arguably the LLLVV cycle was better at preparing characters for Shield Training.  The obvious fix to that is to not require characters that were just released, but the entire point of ST is to reward superwhales who lootbox their way to victory, so whatever.

No new release announcement could just mean they ran into a minor setback on the next new character so it's getting pushed back a week, or they are intentionally delaying in order to have a bigger push for Endgame.
    Hopefully it's not three new releases at once, and Shield Training featuring a character too new for tokens, SpiderHam, and Taskmaster.

I'll also point out that the people griping about the lack of information may not be the same people who are griping about the information they did give us.
    Yeah, they never did announce the featured thing - it just kind of drifted into being, I forget when.  About Ghost or Emma Frost, I think.  A few 4*s (Black Widow, Wiccan) didn't benefit from either and they're notably the lowest level 4*s on my roster that weren't released in the last few months.  Even my Prowler is higher...
    I too preferred the "weighted" new releases to the LLLVV schedule.  I play the game competitively, but not that competitively, so I will occassionally play with the featured 4* if I have them high enough.  That's really rare on the LLLVV schedule.
  • Brigby
    Update: Apologies for the confusion, but it would appear that we were unfortunately unable to adjust the DDQ lineup in-time for Monday, so the 3-Star Required lineup will still be the same characters as the lineup for 3/29.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Player in this forum...
    ;)

It sounds stupid when you try to pretend the entire forums are one person.

I say that as someone who complained about the lack of communication and then made sure to point out that advanced notice of stuff was a good thing. Which is the opposite of what you're trying to sarcastically imply.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    What is going on here? Magik has not been featured the entire season!
    I'm wondering about that too. Normally she should has been featured twice. 
  • FesterTester
    JHawkInc said:
    Player in this forum...
    ;)

I say that as someone who complained about the lack of communication and then made sure to point out that advanced notice of stuff was a good thing. Which is the opposite of what you're trying to sarcastically imply.
    *Sighs*
    "Player in this forum" was a typo, it should have been "Players".  It was not aimed specifically at you or any other commenter in this thread, or anyone in particular.
    I am fully aware that people who complain about different sides of the same topic are generally not the same person.  This was an attempt to sum up the catch-22 of developer communication in a quick and light-hearted post, hence the wink emoji which perhaps you did not notice.

Personally I would like the developers to put out as much information as possible as far in advance as possible, even if it's potentially unpopular - and just about everything other than saved covers has had the potential to annoy some segment of the player base.  Even "we are cutting back the grind and increasing rewards" could get complaints from a few true die-hards about "making the game too easy, git gud noobs" or something to that effect.

I think the developers miss out on potentially useful feedback by just dropping things on us rather than announcing in advance and considering suggestions from long-time players, it seems like the only time they paid attention was when they announced Galactus 1.0 and actually read the player reactions for dealing with him, then tweaked it so those would not work and made "you're supposed to lose", which is not what anyone meant when they said "we want the devs to listen". :)

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Player in this forum...
    ;)

*Sighs*
    "Player in this forum" was a typo, it should have been "Players".  It was not aimed specifically at you or any other commenter in this thread, or anyone in particular.
    I am fully aware that people who complain about different sides of the same topic are generally not the same person.  This was an attempt to sum up the catch-22 of developer communication in a quick and light-hearted post, hence the wink emoji which perhaps you did not notice.

Personally I would like the developers to put out as much information as possible as far in advance as possible, even if it's potentially unpopular - and just about everything other than saved covers has had the potential to annoy some segment of the player base.  Even "we are cutting back the grind and increasing rewards" could get complaints from a few true die-hards about "making the game too easy, git gud noobs" or something to that effect.

I think the developers miss out on potentially useful feedback by just dropping things on us rather than announcing in advance and considering suggestions from long-time players, it seems like the only time they paid attention was when they announced Galactus 1.0 and actually read the player reactions for dealing with him, then tweaked it so those would not work and made "you're supposed to lose", which is not what anyone meant when they said "we want the devs to listen". :)

No, a group of people producing thoughts that sometimes conflict is not a Catch-22. It's something that has likely happened ever since more than one person existed, and trivializing people's opinions by lumping them together and pointing out the contradictions isn't "funny" or even "useful." It's obtuse and it deflects from things that matter to people, and ultimately does nothing but make it harder to reach a happy compromise. All you're doing is distracting from anything useful happening.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is going on here? Magik has not been featured the entire season!
    I'm wondering about that too. Normally she should has been featured twice. 
    I'm going to quibble a little here with the twice statment.  Magik debuted 2/14 and therefore entered tokens 3/14.  It's been 23 days since then.  A normal LLLVV cycle is approximately 2 1/2 weeks, but a weeklong throws that off (along with bosses).  Regardless, she really is only one appearance at most behind at this point....but we have had a strange string of Vintage 4's.

That said....she's a good character!  She has fans that want to earn more covers!  So it's frustrating that they haven't featured her for whatever mysterious reason they have.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if they’re surprise introducing new characters with special mini-stories that will be compiled into a full story, like how Honor Among Thieves was created. We’ll still get a placement event, but on Sunday/Monday. A little something different and special for End Game.
  • Brigby
    *(04/08/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs