MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2019 Edition *Updated (4/26/19)

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    There’s no support circuit this week. Has it been discontinued or is there some other change afoot?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ptahhotep said:
    There’s no support circuit this week. Has it been discontinued or is there some other change afoot?
    The Circuit Break is planned and built into the cycle.  4 weeks of SC followed by the break and the current CB Vault.  So, it's a 5 week repeating cycle.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's always a one week break for every 4 weeks of Support Circuit event.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm definitely a bit disturbed by the change in pattern of featured 4*s.  Does this mean they're going to go to some kind of different distribution?  50/50 vaulting again?  100% vaulting again (oh Tinykitty no, I hope not?)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    I'm definitely a bit disturbed by the change in pattern of featured 4*s.  Does this mean they're going to go to some kind of different distribution?  50/50 vaulting again?  100% vaulting again (oh Tinykitty no, I hope not?)
    I'd be in favor of a planned rotation of vaulting, like we see for supports now.  It would have to be carefully planned to include all 4*'s featured in PVE and PVP as well as the newest "X" number of 4* characters, but I could see that system working.  What I described would take a lot more upkeep than the typical rotation in this game, however, so it's probably a pipe dream on my end.
  • bluewolf
    edited April 2019
    It is possible that they wanted to keep their order in place but delay the start of the next LLLCC chain.  Why?  Prowler has not been an essential in ST yet, and is losing "Latest 3" status when Talos enters tokens in 9 days.  After that, he won't be Essential for a long time. 

So, IF they wanted to run Prowler, Magik, Talos and IF they wanted Prowler to fall such that he is rewarded just prior to the new release so that he would be a Shield Training Essential before entering the 2 1/3 year rotation for Vintage 4's....then they might have decided to run several Vintages in a row (which isn't the worst idea in terms of giving more access to older characters) to delay things and make it all work out.

I suppose we will know if that's the case if Prowler is the reward for the PVE starting next Monday after Venom Bomb.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    It is possible that they wanted to keep their order in place but delay the start of the next LLLCC chain.  Why?  Prowler has not been an essential in ST yet, and is losing "Latest 3" status when Talos enters tokens in 9 days.  After that, he won't be Essential for a long time. 

So, IF they wanted to run Prowler, Magik, Talos and IF they wanted Prowler to fall such that he is rewarded just prior to the new release so that he would be a Shield Training Essential before entering the 2 1/3 year rotation for Vintage 4's....then they might have decided to run several Vintages in a row (which isn't the worst idea in terms of giving more access to older characters) to delay things and make it all work out.

I suppose we will know if that's the case if Prowler is the reward for the PVE starting next Monday after Venom Bomb.

Only, prowler should have been pushed out by namor by now... Shield training or not. It should be namor/magik/talos.
  • bluewolf
    Talos isn’t even in tokens yet, so they won’t make him a PVE reward/essential until after next Thursday.  He is still “NEW!”.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

I agree that's a possibility - this could be a weird timing thing.
    bluewolf said:
    Talos isn’t even in tokens yet, so they won’t make him a PVE reward/essential until after next Thursday.  He is still “NEW!”.
    A week from Thursday, actually - he'll go into tokens next season.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    bluewolf said:

I would agree this is correct, although we are putting a lot of faith in pre-planning. 

But, even if they mess it up and Magik is the next Shield Training essential (please no!), lots of people are already planning to pull for Hela on the Monday right before ST ends (it runs 5-days, Thursday the 11th through Monday the 15th  p.m. correct?).
    That should give just about 1 day to have chances of also pulling Magik if you've saved LT's at all. Way too close for comfort, yet still possible. 

As stated, if you don't have Magik close to 10 covers already, and not enough LT draws to get there, many will rightfully post their disappointment if she's essential in ST. 

My Magik will be 2/4/3 after if finish Sim, so it will close if she's required in the shield training next week. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    bluewolf said:
    A week from Thursday, actually - he'll go into tokens next season.
    That's what he meant. Pretending it isn't already Thursday today, "This Thursday" would mean the 4th, "Next Thursday" means the week after, the 11th.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(04/04/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Are we numbering seasons again? @Brigby
  • Brigby
    edited April 2019
    Are we numbering seasons again? Brigby
    Just something I noticed we had data on, so I figured it'd be fun to include. *shrug*

If it proves too random or confusing though, then I can leave it out
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Are we numbering seasons again? Brigby
    Just something I noticed we had data on, so I figured it'd be fun to include. *shrug*

If it proves too random or confusing though, then I can leave it out

No, it was nice to have the season numbers.  Glad to see it back. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooo, look at all the advance notice of things, shiny.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby So no new release next week?
  • Brigby
    Thanos said:
    Brigby So no new release next week?
    We've got some new stuff coming. Don't worry ;)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    What is going on here? Magik has not been featured the entire season!