BW vs. WM

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed BW. Tough match, even though I was given lots of needed colors. Managed to stay invisible most of the time, Could stun/damage WM maybe 5 times and healed twice. But it felt like WM was nibbled to death by a duck, since BW lacks a good nuke. LT was a forgettable 4* champ level.

Comments

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/3 level 152 BW, but Taskmaster's Sword helped a lot with the damage aspect.
    Took +1 purple AP and +1 yellow so I could use those powers earlier.

I had the invisibility in a great place, but a lucky cascade gave him the blue to remove it.
    Fortunately had a stun stockpiled, so I was able to prepare for it.

Second round of invisibility survived until the end of the match.

Token waiting for Hera.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, not hard with a champed BW, but tedious.  Managed to stun him several times, he only fired green once, and I was able to use purple to clear the tiles before they resolved.  I just added the LT to the pile until Hela rotates in.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    I thought this was an interesting Crash. For a start, Black Widow and War Machine have opposite colors, so you have to decide whether to deny or get your own stuff. Black Widow had invisibility which makes many crashes possible but War Machine has a remove invisibility power (so first clue is to deny blue). My Widow is 5-2-5, level 209. Started off slow, not sure whether to deny or gather but he got enough blue to fire that so I held off my purple until he did, then went invisible. Once invisible, you have free reign to collect your colors so I got a bunch of AP, fired yellow, then just kept him stunned for multiple cycles. It was total control - he had all the guns but was unable to fire any of them effectively. It finished with me at full health. The token went to the Hela Hoard, but of course, I lack that last purple and that was the color in both Heroes for Hire AND the one in my taco vault. I have been saving tacos for just such an occasion, up to 255. So I figured even if I was unlucky, I would get enough HP out of it to buy the H4H. Well, I got the 10k iso on my 2nd pull, the LL on my 9th and Natasha on my 17th, so that was job done.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Level 280 Blonde Widow

It's hard to find someone better at one-on-one battles than this variant of Black Widow, due to her unmatched invisibility. Even an under-leveled or under-covered Widow can accomplish a win here by simply going invisible and denying blue. Stun prudently when the blue gets ahead of you on the board so you can puzzle it away. Also, remember that Widow can target herself with her yellow ability.

My token went to the hoard.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5 lvl 209 Widow. Got it first try. Unfortunately I didn't look at his level/skills before or during the match. I incorrectly assumed his Heat Sig would cripple me so I focused more on denying than collecting. Ate two full gatling countdowns and two complete Aerial Assaults before he finally got enough to do a HSD on me. After realizing it wasn't that bad, I finally focused on collecting my colors. Then I realized that even at 5 black, she is only slightly more offensive than 3* Loki. On to the heal/stun/stun routine for who knows how long until WM was finally downed. I probably collected over 100 blue/red/green AP each.

BW dropped to the bottom of my champ list after this battle.

5th saved Drax cover
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/2, level 101. First two tries I got him to about half before he scanned my barcode and it was all over. Third try used some boosts (match damage, mostly) and won fairly easily.

2nd saved America cover.
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    @Jaedenkaal Haha I managed this one with a 101 widow too--though mine was 3/2/4.

Took me 3 tries but once I had some invisibilty stockpiled I was able to survive through a couple of close calls with how much burst healing I got from Brush Pass--all in all, fun and tricky fight!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I had a ridiculously favorable board, beginning to end — put it this way: the AI would’ve won with my board. Started with a match-7 blue which fed a 5 purple. Lots of yellow and even more black — I spent almost the whole match invisible and polished off the match with three x black for damage to finish Warman. My BW is lvl 150, 5/5/3 with 13 saved covers. (Not sure how I got all those covers...)

So, very easy but certainly not because I’m any good!
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    My Widow is 4/5/4 at level 147.  I figured I’d try the fight once then decide if I need to dump some iso into her.  Man, what a long fight. Heal, go invisible, heal, go invisible, stun (this goes on for 20 minutes).  In the end, token to the hoard.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    No luck so far for my 2/4/2 111 Black Widow - I've had boards so heavy in blue that my denial game has amounted to jack squat. I'll give it another try tomorrow evening. It amuses me whenever I sneakily pass sensitive information... to myself! with brush pass.

EDIT: Ah ha, I got him! I started with a blue and green heavy board (again), but my mild cursing stopped when I noticed there was both a match-five green and a match-five blue I could grab. Once I cleared both of those it left a board with a lot of black and yellow and not too much else. I also equipped my level 100 rank 2 Chewie, so the few 200 strength or so attack tiles really added up the damage as I was caefully matching away blue (and stunning when necessary) as soon as it dropped. He still managed to cast red and green three times each, but my invisibility tiles were in good places, so I slowly trudged through, letting the attack tiles do the work.
    My reward was a saved cover for 4Fist - He's up to about seven saved covers now - I'll get around to champing him some day.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Went ahead and champed her because I had 7 saved covers, enough ISO to spare for it, and wanted to re-spec her to 5/3/5. Continued my trend of getting stupidly lucky boards in Crashes, cascading into enough purple to go invisible before Rhodey even got a move. After that, it was just a matter of denying blue, stunning him when he was getting close to enough, and avoiding setting up my Invisibility tiles to get matched away. Won without taking a single point of damage, even if it did still take like 20 minutes.
    Token waiting for a better set of Latest.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    5/3/3 level 152 BW, but Taskmaster's Sword helped a lot with the damage aspect.
    Took +1 purple AP and +1 yellow so I could use those powers earlier.

I had the invisibility in a great place, but a lucky cascade gave him the blue to remove it.
    Fortunately had a stun stockpiled, so I was able to prepare for it.

Second round of invisibility survived until the end of the match.

Token waiting for Hera.
    Thank you for the Taskmaster Sword recommendation!
    I'm sure my 5/3/2 lvl209 Blonde Widow would have done okay without it (I won in August with a weaker Nat), but with that Sword (Rank 3) I totally shredded Rhodey this time.

Token to the mini-hoard to try get my 1 Hela cover.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    PuceMoose said:
    My reward was a saved cover for 4Fist - He's up to about seven saved covers now - I'll get around to champing him some day.
    Champ away! He’s excellent, one of the very best when boosted because of his green-into-Black megadamage, and also very fun and puzzly to play — particularly if you can find good utility in his blue. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes! Champ the fist of hoboness, he solves problems with kick then punch. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Widow was 1/4/2 lvl 150 so really my only strategy  was go invisible and pray. It took the third try but it was a success, showing how many of these are winnable by board control and sheer luck.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    My widow 4/1/2. I don't think it was luck though. Collected up purple and yellow and boosted at start. Got invisible asap then stored black and yellow while starving him of blue.

The moment he would blow me I would fire yellow to heal then black while it was cheaper to fire. Then collect black then fire black again. (Turn invisible asap to avoid attack tiles). 

Well I won but it took a while lol