MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2019 Edition *Updated (4/26/19)

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Umm, Bags to Riches is up in game... I really hope the progression rewards are an April Fool's prank... 900pts/40wins for a 2* Bagman?!?!
    is it a 2* in levels 8 & 9? at any rate, even in level 7 which is always a 4* at 900, this is a bunch of nonsense.

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    jredd said:
    Umm, Bags to Riches is up in game... I really hope the progression rewards are an April Fool's prank... 900pts/40wins for a 2* Bagman?!?!
    is it a 2* in levels 8 & 9? at any rate, even in level 7 which is always a 4* at 900, this is a bunch of nonsense.

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
    Yes, all levels are Bagmans everywhere.
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    The least they can do is to make it:
    • 28 wins: 2 covers of Bagman
    • 40 wins: 4 covers of Bagman
    to make it more worth our while in terms of ISO-8.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(04/01/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Quebbster said:
    They could at least have put some Spider-Ham covers in there.
    Its not? That is really dissapointing.. Especially as we were kinda promissed he would not be as rare as Dino and this was the perfect opportunity.
    A single progression cover in an event run once a year would be massively more rare than Devil Dino though...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It appear that they’re breaking the recent pattern of skewing PVE essentials towards the newest few 4*’s.  This doesn’t bode well for my 2/0/0 Magik.  

• bluewolf
    edited April 2019
    What’s up with more Vintage 4 rewards?  This is weird now. Trying to make them more relevant instead of essentials once every two years, maybe?

I suppose an answer far too much to expect from this group. 

It is nice to see C&D pvp being run for the Season 2 premiere.  Mine is 352 now, so that should be fun. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they are doing a rotation between focusing on old and new characters? 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's also kind of surprising that a new 5* release has come and gone, and the previous 5* is still yet to be featured as an essential in an event.  Sure, the Hulk and Galactus events might have added a bit of a delay, but it is still highlights the shortened cycle.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    As much as I appreciate the chance to get more classic covers I am anxiously waiting for Magick to enter PVE soon. 
  • bluewolf
    edited April 2019
    jamesh said:
    It's also kind of surprising that a new 5* release has come and gone, and the previous 5* is still yet to be featured as an essential in an event.  Sure, the Hulk and Galactus events might have added a bit of a delay, but it is still highlights the shortened cycle.
    Right, Hela is early after Carol's release with just a month between them.  The last run of Latests/Classics was:
    3/11 Doom
    3/14 Cable
    (3/18 CM dropped into Latest)
    3/18 Kingpin
    3/21 Banner
    3/31 JJ

Now we have:
    4/4  Doom
    4/8 Carol
    4/11 (presumably we won't get another 7 day) Kingpin
    4/15  Classic, probably Strange
    (4/15  Hela drops into Latest)
    4/18 Classic, probably Phoenix

Then the mix of Doom, Carol, Hela begins with Hela's  spot being a bit up in the air, but hopefully she takes Kingpin's slot and remains last in the rotation to give players more chances to pull her before the end of April-ish.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Also, we have been having a pattern of the 3 "Latest 4s" then 2 classic 4s, interrupted by new releases. But since Namor went as essential we have had (or are coming up): Talos (just released) Mordo Cyclops Elektra Punisher Max The Thing Any comments, @Brigby? This is the sort of thing we would like to know, that is happening now, so it is not like it is something planned that the dev team can't talk about in case it doesn't happen.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, we have been having a pattern of the 3 "Latest 4s" then 2 classic 4s, interrupted by new releases. But since Namor went as essential we have had (or are coming up): Talos (just released) Mordo Cyclops Elektra Punisher Max The Thing Any comments, @Brigby? This is the sort of thing we would like to know, that is happening now, so it is not like it is something planned that the dev team can't talk about in case it doesn't happen.
    I'm hoping this means that they're about to implement their latest method to combat dilution.  I'm thinking they'll wind up with the same system they use for supports now; where each season they vault some of the characters.  

@Brigby, just a fair warning, if the next SHIELD Training has Magik, expect to see a helluva lot rage posts and quitting posts... Ever since she's entered token there's been no event that offered her as a prize.  Not too late to switch her out if that's what y'all were planning...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    We don't know Carol will be after Doom. Where the new 5* slots into the Latest rotation hasn't always been consistent. The last couple have worked that way, but the handful before that did not.

As for the "3 Latest 4s, 2 Classic 4s" pattern, how long has that even been going on? Just curious, because that's not even like the 5e pattern, which was told to us. We just kinda figured out the 4 pattern, didn't we? I'm not so surprised it changed. It was nice for the sake of covering newer characters to get them ready for Shield Training, but I'd rather it go away (and them stop featuring newer characters in Shield Training so soon) so we get more 4-star variety in general.
  • bluewolf
    edited April 2019
    The 4's have been rewarded with many more "Latest" 4's than Vintage since that concept began on about March 1, 2017 when they vaulted all but the Latest 12 in tokens.  The pattern has shifted a little in those two years but this is the first time since then that we are seeing this many Vintage 4's in a row.

When Latest 12 started there were about 46 4's in the game, so you had 12 you got a lot of and 34 you couldn't pull or get from PVE (much).  (Except for the ones you bonused, and PVP still had the same rewards as now, moving through everyone alphabetically.)

Now we have 77 (with Talos)  and 3 have been heavily featured, leaving 74 you will only get rarely in PVE (about every 2 1/3 years).  At least up to now.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I feel I would have like PVE 4* essential if it's 1 latest 4* then 1 older 4* and so on.
    Hope that the next Shield training won't be Magik
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    the most recent incarnation of "latest 3" and classic started ~ September last year when it was Wiccan, Ghost and Emma, then it was Emma, Nebula and Dazzler.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    Smart80 said:
    Quebbster said:
    They could at least have put some Spider-Ham covers in there.
    Its not? That is really dissapointing.. Especially as we were kinda promissed he would not be as rare as Dino and this was the perfect opportunity.
    A single progression cover in an event run once a year would be massively more rare than Devil Dino though...

It could have been 3 in progression and 3 in rank rewards and a bagman for every win or something. Hell, make bagman a feeder for Porky.
    Either way, it would be more than nothing as it is now...

But most of all, in the whole world April 1st has come and gone, time for the pop up rewards to make us less annoyed?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    the most recent incarnation of "latest 3" and classic started ~ September last year when it was Wiccan, Ghost and Emma, then it was Emma, Nebula and Dazzler.
    Yeah, i was just going to say, i remember Emma being a sort of turning point, where she was offered so much, a lot of people got angry. Then the cycle became "common knowledge" and for a while people didnt complain  as much.
    I guess the wind is changing again. Im a bit sad, i really liked the way Magik looked, and was looking forward to her events. If we have to go back to trying to pull them only from tokens i honestly dont know if i'll be able to cover her in this lifetime....
  • bluewolf
    Take the covers you need. Multiply by 80.  There you go, pulls needed. Or bonus her.