MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2019 Edition *Updated (3/31/19)

Comments

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Magik boosted already?  I only have her at 7 covers so far.  Either she’s up really early in the rotation or the 4* dilution has gotten that much worse.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magik boosted already?  I only have her at 7 covers so far.  Either she’s up really early in the rotation or the 4* dilution has gotten that much worse.
    They've been Featuring the latest three 4* a lot more than usual, so maybe they're dropping them in the Boost rotation earlier, too?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,243 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prowler was a boosted character on 1/3/19 after being added to the game 11/29/18, so about the same kind of timeframe for Magik.'

Bishop released 11/15/18, boosted 12/20/18.

Domino debuted 11/1/18, boosted 11/29/18.

This isn't a new thing.....maybe people had more covers for the last 3 because they weren't determinedly hoarding past a stinker like Kingpin.  Hoarding is not fun.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    BlackBoltRocks said:
    Btw this will be my last post anywhere here. I've enjoyed chatting and interacting with the majority of forumites, but I am done with the powers that be.
    This is a bummer. I, for one, will miss your participation. Your comments almost always had some meat on the bone. Plus, your handle always was one of the simplest and best of them all. 

Fare well, friend. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Next PVP should be Colossus, based on the 3* rewards. 

Note that Nebula is appearing in the Crash after Hbuster. She will be out of order, so maybe they are going to run the main folks in the Endgame trailers as Crashes leading up to the movie release. 

That would allow Rocket, War Machine, Ant Man, Blonde Widow at least, taking us to about 2 days before release. 

(credit to @therightwaye for this observation)
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69870/4-ddq-crash-of-the-titans-4-order-and-opponents

She's more or less in order. If you want to be pedantic, Blonde Widow should come first, albeit she already had her own Crash out of order earlier on, against War Machine.

Btw this will be my last post anywhere here. I've enjoyed chatting and interacting with the majority of forumites, but I am done with the powers that be.
    I am genuinely sorry to hear this and would hope that something can be resolved because you are a valuable member of this community. 
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Personally, I'm not a fan of the upcoming boosted 4 stars. There is a lot of color overlap and no one has green.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    KC_Hammer said:
    Personally, I'm not a fan of the upcoming boosted 4 stars. There is a lot of color overlap and no one has green.
    Nova and Agent Venom play relatively nicely together, although AV takes some getting used to.  As you said, though, color coverage isn’t great.

IM40, Nova and Yondu is pretty hard-hitting for PVE.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Earliest in-game boss preview ever. It's already up. Not that I'm complaining-- I never understood why the boss events only showed up 1h before they started and you had like no in-game warning whatsoever. This is much better.

Wished the alliance prize wasn't Elektra though.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    AlexR said:
    Earliest in-game boss preview ever. It's already up. Not that I'm complaining-- I never understood why the boss events only showed up 1h before they started and you had like no in-game warning whatsoever. This is much better.

Wished the alliance prize wasn't Elektra though.
    Yeah, Elektra is underwhelming. But mine is at 298, so I'll get an LT out of it. I'll take it! 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The story at the end of that last mission in the Hulk event is pretty gruesome.  I had never read the Dark Reign comics when I first started playing this game, and it'd be a bit of a shock going straight to the issue this game recommends, where [spoiler]Daken dismembers Punisher, leaving him as a pile of body parts.[/spoiler]
    Sure it led on to an entertaining Punisher story arc where they reversed all that, but it seems like a weird place to encourage people to start reading.
  • bluewolf
    Frankencastle. Was. Awesome!

Costume please!!!!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Frankencastle. Was. Awesome!

Costume please!!!!
    I was quietly hoping that would be the Anniversary/Halloween limited character.  Make him a limited 5, cause it's already limited  :D

I was always on the fence about reading that arc, but I might have to try it now.  

@bluewolf, without spoiling it for other people (I would look it up, but kinda hard to avoid spoilers), do they reverse it through the story or do they just wave a magic comic wand and pretend it never happened (or is this non 616)... 
  • bluewolf
    It’s in-continuity. They do have a story-driven fix, yeah. There is some magic involved....
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    While we're at the lower levels of Apocalypse, I've been fooling around with X-Men combos that I wouldn't normally go for, but are thematic. I hadn't realized how useful X-Force Wolverine can be here. Since Apoc's strongest colour is black, Wolvie's black will clear out any and all Death Countdowns that might be out, which can be a literal life-saver.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    While we're at the lower levels of Apocalypse, I've been fooling around with X-Men combos that I wouldn't normally go for, but are thematic. I hadn't realized how useful X-Force Wolverine can be here. Since Apoc's strongest colour is black, Wolvie's black will clear out any and all Death Countdowns that might be out, which can be a literal life-saver.

I usually just play with my three strongest characters as long as the colour match up. What I forgot completely when doing this is that they were all X-Men and there for Kitty Pride started buffing tiles at only 2 :smile: Plus Cyclops red power is auto win for now without being TU boosted. Fun times. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Sweet (3/29/19)
    3-Star Required: Elektra (Assassin), Gambit (Modern), Angel (All-New X-Men), Black Panther (T'Challa), Magneto (Classic)
    Crash of the Titans: Nebula (Infinity War)
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    It looks like even @brigby doesn't want to play anymore. More info to come for the X-Men event never came. The weekend will come with no update for Sunday's event start for s1 players...
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I thought the silence was a little odd, but he has posted a couple of times today.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(03/29/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events and Deadpool's Dailies
  • bluewolf
    @Brigby I’m not seeing any pvp events after the Bullseye one....