Curious about Corvus Glaive support Perk 1 possible bug

Glockoma
Glockoma Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
As the title suggests, I was using Corvus Glaive support on GGoblin in conjunction with Doc Oc and Okoye. The nifty thing about the Corvus Glaive fortification component is that it also deals damage upon fortifying.  

With no other special tiles on the board except 1 tentacle, I witness the Glaive support firing and dealing damage but no fortification of the tentacle. 

Another match later, I’m against Daken and goons. The support then attempts to, unsuccessfully, fortify enemy strike tiles. They don’t fortify, but I do get the damage component affixed to the support (which is conveniently boosted by Okoye).

Edit:
So I have now run almost the entire Hulk sub event with this trio as this bug is very broken. I get to the essential nodes where I have to drop someone from the trio; I end up running Okoye (with royal talon applied) and GG (with the Corvus Glaive Level 4). Lo and behold, no specials propagate on the board, and my dear old friend Corvus Glaive decides to deal damage any way and fortify nothing. 

I’m assuming the two components of the first perk are separate in the calculation of probability. The support reads “ xx% chance to fortify a friendly special tile and deal xxx damage”. I don’t know if this is a bug or not.

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Corvus Glaive support equipped on Thano5 and I see this a lot. But, I think it's not a bug: that perk will just deal damage if there are no friendly tiles on the board to fortify. The fortification is not a prerequisite to deal damage, in that sense.

So in the situation you described ('against Daken'), it did not attempt to fortify enemy specials, it just skipped the friendly tile fortification and only procced the damage part.

Now, as for the tentacle tile: that's a character tile, and I don't think those can be fortified (compare to swarm tiles, or for example motivation or black hole tile).
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:
    Now, as for the tentacle tile: that's a character tile, and I don't think those can be fortified (compare to swarm tiles, or for example motivation or black hole tile).
    Correct.  The Devs have stated that tentacle tiles (like motivation. web, and black hole tiles) are neutral and do not have a side.