**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

1242526272830»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:
    I have my Nick at 4/5/4 and received a yellow cover, I have decided not to champ him, but would like to know should I respec him to 5/5/3 or 5/4/4?
    Do you ever plan to champ him down the road? If so I'd sell the cover because you're never going to use an unchamped Fury anyway.  The 1,000 iso is probably the better deal.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    wingX said:
    I have my Nick at 4/5/4 and received a yellow cover, I have decided not to champ him, but would like to know should I respec him to 5/5/3 or 5/4/4?
    Do you ever plan to champ him down the road? If so I'd sell the cover because you're never going to use an unchamped Fury anyway.  The 1,000 iso is probably the better deal.
    Sell for 1000 or just add the yellow cover and lower blue to 4 - just for the XP.
    I think I most likely not going to champ him in the future, well, unless I get 3 or more covers from him within 2 weeks and at the same time and I have enough ISO.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated thread to reflect current Nick Fury ability details
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks Brigby!!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Thanks brigby.

Any chance you could fix fury's abilities to be useful? :) Blue is ok, but well behind the power curve now, and yellow/purple are straight up bad.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Yellow isn't that bad, it makes 3 crit tiles and stuns. It's not amazing - mostly because it does so much stuff that it doesn't do any one thing that well. But smashing the board with several crit tiles is an okay enough incidental yellow outlet on a team that otherwise lacks a yellow outlet. You can end up with lots of additional damage from crit tile cascades.
    Fury isn't good, but he's quite decently playable with a blue battery. I've been running him occasionally in Sim, always with Vulture to speed his blue up.
    He wouldn't complain about a buff, but there's 4* who are much more desperately in need of it than him. Emma Frost would kill to be as playable as Nick Fury is, for a start.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Come on, we need to be clear for others reading this in the future, Fury's yellow can be quite good.
    Yes, sometimes it can just leave unmatched crits on the board, much more often it will do plenty of good stuff when compared to other 10 AP powers - especially yellow ones. 
    Besides the potential crazy crit damage, many seem to forget that you are picking up AP when these matches happen - effectively reducing this power's net cost. 
    His yellow plays very well along with boosted 4* characters, and certainly 5* champs.  Fury's yellow is often a great Team Up to play, especially when he's boosted.
    Now, I will agree about his purple, it costs too much for what it does, and the strike tile is quite weak unfortunately. The CD is a risk that it will even resolve and be able to steal the enemy AP.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The main problem I have with his yellow is that the majority of the damage also goes into the target of the Stun. So often, the Stun is basically useless, because that Character gets taken out by all the damage anyhow. I'd much rather see it as a random stun, resolved after all the damage, more like the timing on Reality Crush.