Make all zombie tokens the same

Options
BlessedOne
BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
How come Oath of Liliana's token zombies are different from Hour of Promise tokens?
I thought this was fixed a while back.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem is, the Hour of Promise (and the Blue Hour whose name I can't remember that nobody plays) create 4/4 Zombie tokens.  All other Zombie tokens in the game are 2/2.  It would be really difficult to get the two to combine into one stack because of that
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to make clear though, if you use a Zombie "Leader" then he will happily eat all zombie tokens, even creature copies brought into play from Embalm.
    If you are going to mix token types Leaders can be handy... (See also Knights!)
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    The problem is, the Hour of Promise (and the Blue Hour whose name I can't remember that nobody plays) create 4/4 Zombie tokens.  All other Zombie tokens in the game are 2/2.  It would be really difficult to get the two to combine into one stack because of that
    This is true, though they could fix this by having the Hours make double the number of tokens, and have the m be 2/2 instead of 4/4. This would impact a handfull of card, but nothing terribly impactful
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Those 4/4 zombie tokens display different behaviors.
    It's been a long time since I've played those Hour of XXXX cards that produce the zombies because, at the time, they weren't counting as the zombie sub-type.  I couldn't use them to bolster Josu Leader zombies...this may have been fixed by now but I'm not sure.

I recall Dreamstealer eternalized (popped the eternal token) did get consumed by the Josu Leader zombies, but haven't experienced that with Embalm (because I was running a mono-black build)...but since both are considered zombies, it's probably the same.  In either case, I stopped running Josu because having 2 Dreamstealers out was the point of that particular build.

On a side-note, I've experienced the Eternalize and Embalm (before they're zombie tokens) also displaying different behaviors.
    Dismissing (replacing with a different critter) a Dreamstealer, before he's etermal, creates an eternalize token for me to pop.
    Dismissing Honored Hydra/Sacred Kitty/etc. didn't create an Embalm token.
    I haven't tried an Embalm build in quite a while.  I'm curious now to see if they actually go to the yard when dismissed.  But my gut says no.