***** The Hulk (Bruce Banner) *****

1789101113»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:
    I manage to find a use for him with America Chavez (5/3/1). As he Hulk is the only 5* that has complement colour to America's. This make her tank all her colour while still provide critical tile for Hulk to match. 3rd in the team will be mystique for damage attack and AP stealing. However, when Banner transform, I think Hulk will tank 2 of America's colour so which sometime may not be a good idea to let him transform, but if he did, at least he can tank damage for America for few turn.

If you pair America with fivestars, she doesn't need to tank any colors. The less she tanks the longer she lives and the more crit tiles she can spit out. That's why 5* Thor and Chavez are so good together - Thor tanks all of America's colors.

Kudos for thinking outside the box though, I may try this next time Hulk is essential in PvE. :)

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Quebbster said:

If you pair America with fivestars, she doesn't need to tank any colors. The less she tanks the longer she lives and the more crit tiles she can spit out. That's why 5* Thor and Chavez are so good together - Thor tanks all of America's colors.

Kudos for thinking outside the box though, I may try this next time Hulk is essential in PvE. :)

Thanks :smile: I know there are better team out there without Chavez needing to tank but currently I have 5 red and 1 green, so I am trying to maximize the use of her red. WIth the team I mentioned above, Banner can also tank for her once he transformed onto Hulk, thus letting her 'rest for a while' while spitting more crit tiles out.
    Also I need to find a use for 5*Hulk as he has been sitting in my roster rotting so far, lol
    I hope I can get more Chavez green covers and 5*Hulk can make himself useful someday (especially with a rebalance). :smiley:
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    5-star Hulk's required in the Strange Sights event, so this is the first time I've ever used him.  He's 1/1/1, LVL 255 right now.  Wow..he's even worse than I thought.  The "best" part was his transforming into Hulk and making a red match-5 I had set up the previous turn.  No AP for Thor's Asgardian Tactics, since his matches don't give AP.  Next turn, Thor takes a 28K Meteor Hammer right to the face...from a Konran that would have been killed off by the Asgardian Tactics.

Yeah, he's definitely the worst character in the game.  It takes some work to top the new Kingpin, but by God 5-star Banner does it!

• sambrookjm
    5-star Hulk's required in the Strange Sights event, so this is the first time I've ever used him.  He's 1/1/1, LVL 255 right now.  Wow..he's even worse than I thought.  The "best" part was his transforming into Hulk and making a red match-5 I had set up the previous turn.  No AP for Thor's Asgardian Tactics, since his matches don't give AP.  Next turn, Thor takes a 28K Meteor Hammer right to the face...from a Konran that would have been killed off by the Asgardian Tactics.

Yeah, he's definitely the worst character in the game.  It takes some work to top the new Kingpin, but by God 5-star Banner does it!

I replied to your post in Worst Moments lol. As for Hulk making matches...his lack of AP gain is ridiculous. If they just made even that one tweak, he’d be so much better.

On a side note: since he’s boosted, Hulk’s Smash does 19k damage for 9AP, compared to GladiaThor doing 13k damage for 12AP. I’m enjoying it while it lasts
    I saw Hulk make the Match 5, and got ready to use Asgardian Tactics to smash the Konran.  Thor's icon wasn't glowing, so I checked my AP, and none of the red showed up.  I was...annoyed, especially since I couldn't get back to Banner's abilities to see **** had just happened.  Next turn, WHAM!  About the only good from that is that Led Zeppelin started playing in the background, and Thor started his board shake (which adds AP!)

There are 4-stars that make automatic matches that get the AP, so I really don't understand why Banner/Hulk matches don't.

My Hulk's Smash does about 3000 damage, so I'll stick with the 13K from GladiaThor, thanks. :)
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone noticed what colours hulk matches post-transformation? I’ve never really played with him enough to notice it before but it looks to me like he’s matching Banner’s strong colours rather than his own. Am I imagining that or is it another way in which he continues his quest to be amongst the worst characters in the game?
  • sambrookjm
    AXP_isme said:
    Has anyone noticed what colours hulk matches post-transformation? I’ve never really played with him enough to notice it before but it looks to me like he’s matching Banner’s strong colours rather than his own. Am I imagining that or is it another way in which he continues his quest to be amongst the worst characters in the game?
    I never got him to transform.  By the time I had enough green to get him going, Half-Thor had enough Green to wipe out the rest of the board with his God of Thunder.

I did find a couple of uses for him, though.  One was that by the time his Transform Tile showed up, I knew that I could check my green to see if I Gladiathor could cast God of Thunder.  The second was that if there wasn't enough green on the board, he would create one, and the damage is amplified by Okoye.  it was fun watching that do 15K damage and taking out a ready-to-Thunderclap Ragnarok.  I think it's the first time I'd ever taken any character out with 5-star Banner...

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    AXP_isme said:
    Green, Red, Blue Purple I believe when in Hulk form. Meant to check if it was purple or blue. Too bad we can't see this on Banner's character info area. 

*corrected thanks to Thanos ----vv
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    RickOShay said:
    AXP_isme said:
    Green, Red, Blue I believe when in Hulk form. Meant to check if it was blue or purple. Too bad we can't see this on Banner's character info area. 
    It's purple.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Champed the big guy today, finally. Fun, but of course I get the drawbacks. 
    Along with a strike tile maker like Jessica or Phoenix, Hulk-form match damage per turn is no joke (let's get that AP though!). 
    Definitely need to be more patient acquiring green, and try to play his black prior to transforming. That's mean attack tile strength each turn, and Hulk's health is basically 'free' to absorb the enemy attack damage. 

Per the usual request, his green AoE needs to either do more damage or cause some chaos; or add any of the other tweaks as recommended all through this thread. 
    Personally, I see his transformation creating 2 repeater tiles that destroy 2 tiles every 2 turns. That's potential for 4 AP gen and possible cascades on top of his auto-turn damage.