***** Hela (Goddess of Death) *****

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Considering the recent increase in 5* stores, there's a strong possibility they will do an Asgardian store featuring Hela/Loki/Thor somewhere down the road. At least I hope so.
    Perhaps for a costume, like with CM and the Legendary Leaders store...
    (Her costume could be the antlers-off version :) )
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    PS: The store thematically makes absolutely no sense though, and a bit disappointing to have BW and BP with her, I guess everybody will get her from latest... (The store should have been Thanos and Thor, but that would have been a pretty great one :P)
    Well, seeing how the store is called Back to Black, Black Panther and Black Widow seem appropriate, at least in that sense. Spiderman (Back in Black) would have also worked and would have been a good second as a Kitty counter. 
    But Hela doesn't dress in black, at least not fully, it has some black lines but her color is green.

And yeah I forgot about Loki, so Thor, Loki, Hela is what makes more sense.
  • Haganedragon
    Haganedragon Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I am sitting on around 380 LL covers, 146 LL covers and 5885 CC. My highest 5 star is JJ at 7 covers. Should I hold out or would Doom, CM, and Hela be a good time to make the jump into 5 star?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    5/5/3
    I am sitting on around 380 LL covers, 146 LL covers and 5885 CC. My highest 5 star is JJ at 7 covers. Should I hold out or would Doom, CM, and Hela be a good time to make the jump into 5 star?
    How well are your BP and black widow covered?

If you don't care about the release store for hela, then it seems like you should wait to see who will replace GED in the LT pool.  GED is not at all top tier in his current state.  But he is also not worthless, so it's (sadly) quite easy to see the next release being a worse option.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    She looks pretty great to me - I'm in 4* land, and just like Kitty, even one cover for her could be useful and fun to play around with. Plus, isn't a lack of good strike tile generators a general thing in the 5*realm? She seems to fill a niche.

I would think that cheap powers and no repeater nonsense would make her quite appealing - I guess we'll see! I'm looking forward to getting a few covers for her to see how she plays.
  • Vhailorx
    edited March 2019
    5/5/3
    PuceMoose said:
    She looks pretty great to me - I'm in 4* land, and just like Kitty, even one cover for her could be useful and fun to play around with. Plus, isn't a lack of good strike tile generators a general thing in the 5*realm? She seems to fill a niche.

I would think that cheap powers and no repeater nonsense would make her quite appealing - I guess we'll see! I'm looking forward to getting a few covers for her to see how she plays.
    There are some decent strike tile generators in 5* land.  Oml and Phoenix were a strike centred team, but they have been surpassed by power creep (and the unnecessary oml nerf didn't help).
    Cable is ok as well, bit nothing special.
    DD is a very good strike generator. Probably the best since his release.  hela is perhaps a bit less good at making strikes than DD, but will also likely be faster.

Edit: I totally forgot JJ.  Her red is arguably better than hela's. 

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Vhailorx said:
    PuceMoose said:

There are some decent strike tile generators in 5* land.  Oml and Phoenix were a strike centred team, but they have been surpassed by power creep (and the unnecessary oml nerf didn't help).
    DD is a very good strike generator. Probably the best since his release.  hela is perhaps a bit less good at making strikes than DD, but will also likely be faster.

9 red for Defenestrate.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,911 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Vhailorx said:
    PuceMoose said:

I know this is me being nitpicky but I am disappointed that Hela doesn't spam strike tiles, especially since she seems to be the MCU version of the character.

4 seems a bit low to be considered "a barrage", no?

Instead of buffing friendly tiles, her black passive should have doubled all friendly tiles. If there were ever to be a strike tile spammer in the *5 tier, Hela was definitely a prime candidate.  #missedopportunities

And yes, JJ's red is the better power in most circumstances.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair, we don't know which part of the power set has been held back for the support :frowning:
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    jamesh said:
    To be fair, we don't know which part of the power set has been held back for the support :frowning:
    Will she even get one?  Support releases have dwindled to a trickle.  Carol has no Support (arguably she had plenty already in game).  Same with:  Bishop, Domino, Magik, Talos.  Namor was the last person getting a Support with release.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Maybe she'll get Skurge as a support?
  • Vhailorx
    5/5/3
    Vhailorx said:
    PuceMoose said:

I know this is me being nitpicky but I am disappointed that Hela doesn't spam strike tiles, especially since she seems to be the MCU version of the character.

4 seems a bit low to be considered "a barrage", no?

Instead of buffing friendly tiles, her black passive should have doubled all friendly tiles. If there were ever to be a strike tile spammer in the *5 tier, Hela was definitely a prime candidate.  #missedopportunities

And yes, JJ's red is the better power in most circumstances.
    She would also be a good candidate for ultron's passive (i.e. passively duplicating friendly strike tiles each turn).
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    To be fair kitty is not held back by her support at all. There is nothing but speculation to point at supports giving us reverse power creep.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    YES.  YES.  YES.   I have wanted Hela for so long and never thought she stood a chance - and she doesn't totally suck, in fact, she is pretty darn good.   That in itself is progress.
  • Vhailorx
    5/5/3
    It's been abouy 4 hours now. Anyone got her champed yet?  I am sure at least a few people will open cp hoards on the paint it Black tokens.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added backstory, health, match damage, and ability details.
  • Vhailorx
    5/5/3
    Match damage on par with Thor.  So above average for all 5*s, but not best in class.

Health is 54k at 450.  That's also similar to Thor, and about average for newer 5*s. 

These numbers don't have much effect on her evaluation.  She still seems pretty strong, if perhaps not quite a part of the current meta.

Also interesting to note that her powers seems more useful than average at lower ranks.  Her black still converts all blue basic tiles to attack tiles at rank 1 and buffs all friendly strikes. Only the tile strength/buffing goes up.  Her green passive is similar.  It always destroys 2 AP if opponent is above 10 green.  It just does less damage at lower ranks.  Red starts at 3 tilee and goes up to 4 tiles at Rank 5.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    5/4/4
    So from seeing the numbers I am so tempted to go against the grain and say 5,3,5 so I voted 5,4,4.  I just picture her with Kitty as 5,3,5 and fireing  her red then black to get maximum force before Kitty starts buffing tiles.  I will probably go with the rest of the votes of 5,5,3 but I still like the idea of her black.

overall the fact that I actually like all of her powers is defiantly a good sign