How do u play Support Circuit?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Now that Support Circuit has been out for a few weeks, I'm curious how others find themselves playing it.

1. What SCL have you settled into?
2. How many clears are you doing?
3. Have you played it optimally for placement?

What I've discovered for myself is that Mondays are horrible for this. I like the extra ISO income it provides once a week so I've been doing 6 clears as near to optimal as I can (schedule allowing) on SCL 6. A shot of 7CP is nice but really boils down to only one extra Latest Legends pull a month for a lot of clears. I could see where anyone who is post-ISO would ignore this event, as placement rewards are too meager.

Comments

• GronkSmash
    GronkSmash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Dabbled with all ranks North of 6. Finished 2nd a bunch. Wrapped the first attempt at rank 9. Playing just for progression rewards. Top placement is not as much a priority as the 10cp and 2 tokens for top 10. Until the vault shrinks from 240 to something more desirable. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL9, 4 clears plus the boss fights gets me to full Progression, and whatever I get from placement is gravy.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. What SCL have you settled into?
    I've been playing SCL 5 unless it's in the middle of a 48 hr sub of normal PVE, where I might experiment higher.  SCL 5 is the minimum with CP at max progression and the lower difficulty equates to a lower time commitment

2. How many clears are you doing?

Either a single clear, plus all the boss fights or enough clears for full progression (generally 4x, although it seems like I can ignore the final two clears on one hard node if it seems annoying), depending on what kind of time I have available that week

3. Have you played it optimally for placement?

I've only played for progression.  In SCL 5 this means Top 200, although if I've had time to do a 5th clear on the hard nodes for the 350 Red Iso-8 node rewards, that's gotten me Top 100.  The difference in rewards is so nominal at my level, relatively, that I haven't made any effort towards placement.

Surprisingly, Support Circuit has actually done a decent job of getting me the additional supports I was missing (at least at a 1-3* level; I've only gained a single 4* support from the event).  I'm down to missing 5-6 of the non-Infinity Stone supports, which is less than half of where I was before this event was released.  I've certainly had weeks where I've gotten 5 tokens with zero supports or support-related rewards, but overall I've been pleasantly surprised with how effective it's been.  Whether this is fortunate RNG or consistent with the design of the event I'm not sure...

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

SCL9, single hit on each node to the end, do the 3 boss battles, work back down the nodes redoing each one until I get the red ISO or the tick, sometimes skipping a node if it's evil, stopping entirely when I get the CP, or have all the red ISO from the nodes, whichever is later.

Placement is too much effort on top of everything else.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    SCL5, 4 clears gets me progression and 5 Support Circuit tokens, that's all I need.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 6, 1x each pin, finish the boss battles.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL6 (lowest you still get decent rewards in terms of CP) which is 1 down from where I normally play in SCL7.

I do 4 clears when it opens and then the final clears at the end. I've finished T10 every time but once (where I missed the final clears due to life commitments). This past Monday I finished in 1st overall (first time that ever happened in any event) thanks to some tapping and whom ever was ahead of me missing their final clears.

The advanced token gave me my first 4* support but sadly it was the useless Stepford Cookoos.

KGB
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    SCL 6, 4 clears and done. Don't care about placement. Once I have the 7CP, I am out.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor

I am a 4* VIP player starved for resources (LTs, CP, ISO, RISO). My focus is progression only (which is also my current approach to PvE and PvP). With normal PvE, I do SCL9 unless it is a tile mover heavy event with a boosted list that doesn't fit my roster or boosts only low tier toons. So far I've only done SCL8 in Support Circuit because there hasn't been a great boosted list for my roster yet.

Similar to some others above, my clearing approach is a single hit on each node to the end, do the 3 boss battles, then work back down the nodes redoing each one 3x more (total of 4 clears each) along the way. By ignoring placement, it doesn't matter when I start or finish and I don't have to do all the clears in one sitting, which has made the event more bearable. Since I don't care about placement, I can also pick whatever slice best fits my schedule and join whenever I feel like it.

You may ask--why do the hardest nodes first if I don't care about placement? It comes down to health/health pack regeneration. I'm more likely to use health packs on the harder nodes and don't want to spend HP buying more, so by hitting the harder nodes first, if I do run low, I can switch to the easy nodes then stop playing long enough for the health packs to regen.

• Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    SCL4, the only prize I'm interested in fighting for are the Support Tokens. I can earn all the available tokens quickly by playing SCL4 through to 9600 points.