Thank You Mods

TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
I know y'all get a lot of flack for being heavy-handed, but I recently started playing another mobile game, and the forum over there has incredibly lax moderation, and as a result, it's a really, really unpleasant space. Thank you for keeping things civil and fostering a nice community around here.

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    I echo that sentiment, I like having an actual website where I can jump in daily to catch up on the latest conversations. The other mobile game I'm playing relies on Discord and social media for communication which is messy and I hate it. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate the work the mods do, because I have also used forums that behaved more like the wild west, and way back in the day even managed a few of my own.

But that doesn't change the fact that moderation here can be annoyingly heavy handed at times. The two are absolutely not mutually exclusive.

Moving conversations from General Discussion to side categories that aren't used kills conversation, and isn't good for the forums, no matter how "neat" things look because threads are in their proper places.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Malcrof said:
    Been looking for a way to post this since i saw it! This seems like a fun place. lol.

If I typed in what that picture says (follow the hidden message trail), I'd get ban-hammered...

just saying...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    abmoraz said:
    Malcrof said:
    Been looking for a way to post this since i saw it! This seems like a fun place. lol.

If I typed in what that picture says (follow the hidden message trail), I'd get ban-hammered...

just saying...
    Nice catch, here i was thinking it was the suit leg it was making fun of, couldn't even see the text on black. I have removed it.  
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Mods here do a great job.  Been part of a bunch of gaming forums and this one is very well managed comparison.

I appreciate the previews as well.  Not all games do that.  Getting a little sneak peek and being able to plan ahead is a very good thing (esp to newer players who don't have a ton of iso, hp or roster spots to work with).