***** Hela (Goddess of Death) *****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    She looks pretty cool.

It would have been extra awesome if she had a passive that just mangled Thor's face each time he was an opponent (and maybe even on the same team) but the Green AP thing will have to be the next best thing.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    I suppose one upside to this early 5* is that Magik is going to get skipped for Shield Training after all.
    She could still be required for the next one, but at least you will have a chance to get covers for her if so.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Well, looks like we are finally going to get a good 5, it was about time! I like her!

Now Devs, I dont care about KP, but can you at least buff Doom and Carol a bit so I can finally open my LTs when Hela is released... pretty please? I don't want to wait until two more 5s are released!

PS: The store thematically makes absolutely no sense though, and a bit disappointing to have BW and BP with her, I guess everybody will get her from latest... (The store should have been Thanos and Thor, but that would have been a pretty great one :P)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Polares said:

PS: The store thematically makes absolutely no sense though, and a bit disappointing to have BW and BP with her, I guess everybody will get her from latest... (The store should have been Thanos and Thor, but that would have been a pretty great one :P)
    The most obvious thematic store would have been Hela/Thor/Loki.

But they do want to try to offer chances at characters that haven't been featured in a while.  BW was in Cap IW's store last April, and BP was in Okoye's store in May.  So they turned that group around and around and came up with a fashion-based theme.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    She looks pretty good, powers not very expensive and no countdown or repeater tiles. Think I might use my stash I've built up since last year for Doom,5Carol, Hela. I doubt we will get a LL store anytime soon where all 3 fives are upper tier, so this seems like it might be a good time to spend once lousy Kingpin is rotated out.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Her green is going to be crazy with a battery.  I am leaning more towards 3/5/5 than 5/5/3 but I think it depends on who you are playing we nead a true battery in 5 land IM40 and Vulture both pair very well with here but they will get destroyed in PVP Thor and Hella will be nuts once he is under 50% health.  Definitely the first 5 I will work very hard to finish.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby  Will Hela's black passive trigger if she becomes stunned?  Say 5*Thanos is teamed up with her, will Hela's tiles drop first, then Thanos AOE and stun, or will they drop independent of stun?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby  Will Hela's black passive trigger if she becomes stunned?  Say 5*Thanos is teamed up with her, will Hela's tiles drop first, then Thanos AOE and stun, or will they drop independent of stun?
    What tiles?  Doesn't Hela's active power create blue attack tiles while the black passive buffs all tiles when it procs?

But I would like to clarify the order of operations with thanks and other stun ally + deal damage mechanisms.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    pheregas said:
    There is a near zero chance that her black passive works while stunned, doubt poor Brigby needed tagged there. 

EDIT: I finally remembered to come back to update my absolutely incorrect assumption above. Hela does buff all special tiles when you down an enemy, which happens immediately before the stun from Court Death. Glad to be wrong!
    @pheregas

Yeah I think the best default build is 5/5/3, since you will be often hoping to increase the value of her attack tiles by downing an opponent, rather than losing the higher starting value and overwrite ability of her strike tiles (which also get buffed when an opponent is downed).
    But as said, depending on your team 3/5/5 would work fine. You are probably bringing her along for her green primarily, but she can even be good as a red/black user if you don't have JJ at a playable level etc. 
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Hela late don’t you think
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    5/5/3
    bluewolf said:

The most obvious thematic store would have been Hela/Thor/Loki.

They could have named it siblings legends too. 
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Richyyy said:
    She definitely looks useful and interesting, which ridiculously makes her the best 5* since Kitty all on its own. I'm not sure she breaks past Gritty or Thorkoye as part of a first-choice team, but she semi-counters both and is a definite alternative or third-banana option. Now I have to decide between Hela/Widow/Panther or Hela/GodDoom/CM...
    If ever you are running after Black Panther for a long time like me, this Hela/Widow/Panther store is an opportunity, without doubt!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering the recent increase in 5* stores, there's a strong possibility they will do an Asgardian store featuring Hela/Loki/Thor somewhere down the road. At least I hope so.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    I don't see her as really being a counter to Thor as everyone says that much.  He gains green too fast to be much of an issue from my perspective. She may be a slight nuisance but not more than that.  She seems decent, perhaps meant to help counter Kitty with that red but I think she actually pairs really well with Kitty too.  She would actually pair well with Thor too.  You could use their green powers whenever each was optimal.  Thor with 2 or 3 enemies still alive and hers with only one enemy left.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    brontag1 said:
    Quebbster said:
    I vote that if we see a lot of Kitty/Hela teams, we'll call them Hellcats.
    HelaKitty is much simpler.
    Ack.. better yet, Hela/Okoye/Kitty... HelOkitty

Hela Loki Kitty?  HelLoKitty.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    Woo Hela! I'd personally go 3/5/5. My only champed 5* is Thor and I'd rather use his Red over hers. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess the "Hela Odinsdottir" vault name makes this more explicitly the film version of Hela.  The comics stuck a little closer to the original mythology by having Hela be Loki's creation.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Polares said:
    Well, seeing how the store is called Back to Black, Black Panther and Black Widow seem appropriate, at least in that sense. Spiderman (Back in Black) would have also worked and would have been a good second as a Kitty counter.