I will spend money if........... (time commitment for 5* progress?)

Options
CCW1208
CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
edited March 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I am 1550th day players. I have more than ten championed 5*. My highest 5* level is Lv 460 DD. I have extended my VIP for 18 months. But I stop it this time.

The game is boring for 5* player. You need to be locked in special timing for good PVE reward. It may be useful for short time playing. But it is impossible for a player to spend one special hour for 5 years. Life will change. Work may change. Anything can change. But only MPQ time schedule does not change. MPQ can't always release new 4* in the weekend or holiday. 

For PVP, I can climb to 1200 easily. But I dont feel any sense to climb over 1500. Again, I don't like to be locked in PVP timing for shield-hop circulation.

I think I may suggest the Dev
I will spend my money again if they can change some PVP or PVE timing schedule, Or they can change PVE scoring system not based on recent time mode. 

I still love MPQ. but I hope the Dev will know how we think. 
Maybe someone can extend this topic. 

**My English is not good**

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    spending money? 
    lol that ship sailed a long time ago.
    if i didn't stop with visions blue bug, i would have stopped after Reeds update
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    This is a problem that has been raised repeatedly.  Meaningful roster progress for 5* players is locked behind a very big time/money gate.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Which is probably why I'll never be a 5* player.  Almost day 2000 here, and no 5* champs.  Sure, I got most 4*s champs, and a few heavily covered 5s.  But I'm not gonna put in THAT sort of time/money.  It's a game.  If I'm not gonna put that time/money in with a console game, or even a non-video game hobby, why would I do it with a match 3 mobile game?

Someone would be hard pressed to find a reason why I should spend that much time/money when both are more importantly spent elsewhere.  I know -- to each their own.  I would never advise spending on a hobby like this, personally.  Plenty of other free ways to spend time.

But hey, kudos to whoever supports them.  I do enjoy a good match 3 game, and I've thrown a couple bucks here and there for active rewards.  I feel like after so many years, it's the least I could do for someone providing me with an enjoyable product.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All 5s are made relevant and new ways to get the old ones are released ? (Not just stores)
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If things were priced at $1
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Clarified Title.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    Clarified Title.

What does this have to do with slice times?
    It's about the time commitment needed to make meaningful progress.

Even if slice times suit you, it's still at least an hour of PVE each day to progress.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I actually feel less restricted to end times as a 5* player.... you really need CP, not 4* covers from T10 finishes. You can get 90-95% of the available CP per week by playing whenever you want. PVE & PVP Progression, PVE nodes, DDQ, 3* champ rewards along the way.

I basically never finish T10 in any events these days and still have plenty of CP/LL income to cover the Latest as they come.

I agree that more slice end times would be nice. The fact that there isn't a single one that ends in "prime time" for Eastern and Central time zones (and that it has remained this way for so long) is baffling & inexcusable. But, I think some of you guys would be happier with the game if you were willing to accept 90% of the available rewards for 20% of the effort.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SymmeTrey said:
    I actually feel less restricted to end times as a 5* player.... you really need CP, not 4* covers from T10 finishes. You can get 90-95% of the available CP per week by playing whenever you want. PVE & PVP Progression, PVE nodes, DDQ, 3* champ rewards along the way.

I basically never finish T10 in any events these days and still have plenty of CP/LL income to cover the Latest as they come.

I agree that more slice end times would be nice. The fact that there isn't a single one that ends in "prime time" for Eastern and Central time zones (and that it has remained this way for so long) is baffling & inexcusable. But, I think some of you guys would be happier with the game if you were willing to accept 90% of the available rewards for 20% of the effort.
    And I do.  I dont place high.  I 4-clear each node each day.  I'm not even trying to place high.   I just want the progression rewards... 

But its a discussion of time spent per day.  People talk about the "grind ".  And we always complain about it...  we offer suggestions and what-not...  but really, if it was just one clear per node, get the progression rewards done, no competition,  put all PvE competition rewards into PvP spread across the levels, people may pay more attention to story, animations, artwork, and just have more fun with their roster.

I know... it's a stretch from the norm.   To think that a story mode could be enjoyed and read for what it is, instead of a slog of repeated node clears in a speedy manner because you're either A) competing, or B) tired of the grind.  I cant imagine the storyboard writer who writes these things just for an audience of people who skips them due to time constraints.   Sure, some people read them...  we call them "new players".

Yes I've made this complaint multiple times... but I stand by it.  

It's what would make me happier for sure.   Playing the game for the story,  the "Marvel" of it all.... and maybe enjoying more PvP because I wouldnt have spent so much time on PvE grinding.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Malcrof said:
    Clarified Title.

What does this have to do with slice times?
    It's about the time commitment needed to make meaningful progress.

Even if slice times suit you, it's still at least an hour of PVE each day to progress.
    Tried again!