5* Black Panther not being stunned when hit by 5* Thor's God of Thunder

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
I've noticed this several times that when I use God of Thunder, Black Panther's passive from Move...or Be Moved does not kick in and he does not get stunned.

Typically Panther is at the back when I fire GoT, or at least not at the front, and that's made me wonder if is position has something to do with this. But of course having had that thought, now I've not run across any Panther teams to test this out on.

Even though I'm fighting 450+ Black Panthers, GoT is boosted by Okoye's passive so it's doing 30k+ damage by the time I fire it, and that should be enough to proc a 500+ Panther.

And yet the 450-480 Panthers I'm fighting do not get stunned after taking 30k+ damage.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    I've noticed this several times that when I use God of Thunder, Black Panther's passive from Move...or Be Moved does not kick in and he does not get stunned.

Typically Panther is at the back when I fire GoT, or at least not at the front, and that's made me wonder if is position has something to do with this. But of course having had that thought, now I've not run across any Panther teams to test this out on.

Even though I'm fighting 450+ Black Panthers, GoT is boosted by Okoye's passive so it's doing 30k+ damage by the time I fire it, and that should be enough to proc a 500+ Panther.

And yet the 450-480 Panthers I'm fighting do not get stunned after taking 30k+ damage.

AOE doesn't trigger Panther's passive.
  • JSP869
    I did not know that, but that still seems like a bug, because characters such as XFDP, Thing, 3*DP have passives that do proc from AOEs, and so IMO Panther's stun should proc from AOE damage.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a report I've seen posted from time to time. I've also been confused by this myself, and agree it should be classified as bug. The power description clearly states "If Black Panther would take XX or more damage", so either make it trigger properly on team damage, or adjust the description to clarify it only works on targeted attacks.
  • JSP869
    edited March 2019
    DeNappa said:
    This is a report I've seen posted from time to time. I've also been confused by this myself, and agree it should be classified as bug. The power description clearly states "If Black Panther would take XX or more damage", so either make it trigger properly on team damage, or adjust the description to clarify it only works on targeted attacks.
    Right! As his power currently reads, it is a bug because there is nothing in the power description which says he won't be stunned if the damage is the result of an AOE. If they want AOE damage to not trigger the Stun, then rewrite the power so it either exempts AOE damage, or specifically says Panther must be the target and take XX or more damage.

It cannot be more than 5 minutes work, if even that, to rewrite a power's description, and yet there's many powers that do NOT work the way they're written but nobody has taken the time or perhaps more accurately, been given the green light by management to rewrite them. 

Riri's Magnetic Repulsors could use a rewrite, as could Daken's blue attack, just to name another two. I even rewrote Riri's power in my other bug report so all someone had to do was copy & paste and it would have been "fixed"/working as intended. It has STILL not been fixed.

As much as I love this game, this is one of the small things that still really frustrates me, that nobody high up enough in management seems to care about the little things.

I emailed the guy that created a zombie apocalypse survival card game regarding a bug/text error on one of the cards, and he replied thanking me and said he'd fix it, and he did fix it in the very next patch! That's a huge part of why I gave his game a 5-star review but MPQ only gets 4-stars.

All someone has to do is take a few minutes and they could fix a whole bunch of little bugs that have been ongoing for literally years and us veteran players (5-years and counting, here) would have a Keanu moment and go "Woah! They finally fixed it."

I'm not pissed off about these little bugs, I'm disappointed! I'm disappointed that there seems to be nobody high up enough who cares enough about this game to green light all these little 'quality of life' fixes.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey @JSP869 and everyone else. I understand everyone's reasoning on this. However, I've been informed this is functioning as intended. The explanation to why Move...Or Be Moved is not triggered by AOE damage is because Black Panther cannot dodge an attack that covers the entire battlefield. 

• JSP869
    I appreciate the explanation, Tombstone. Is it possible to get the power's text updated with something like: "If Black Panther is targeted by an attack that would deal XXXX or more damage, negate 60% of that damage and stun him for 2 turns."
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @JSP869
    I won't be able to get it changed with a simple Thanos snap, but I would be happy to submit this feedback to the team for consideration.