In Bolas's Clutches bug [Investigating]

rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
@Brigby In Bolas's Clutches has channged its behavior is it a bug or it has been changed and there is no advise of it?

Now, if you have 3 creatures in the battlefield and you use In Bolas's Clutches it does nothing, it is casted but you get nothing, neither a question (for this I think it is a bug) to replace one of your creatures with the stolen one.

Before 3.3 version it has always destroyed the stolen creature when you have no place for it in the battlefield.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Sherry
    Sherry Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Ive also have had this happen to me as well. The only diffrence is that i only had two creatures out. I casted in bolas clutches and nothing happened. The support was on the board but i didnt get the creature.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    I'm experiencing the same result as mentioned above.  I recall @Brigby stating that the stages of resolvement, that being:

cast

capture

Place on battlefield or refuse to place on battlefield (it then dies and goes into opponent's graveyard)

Are intentional mechanics of this card.  

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    This does not appear to be the intended behavior. I'll reach out to the team regarding this card for confirmation. 
  • rafalele
    Tombstone said:
    This does not appear to be the intended behavior. I'll reach out to the team regarding this card for confirmation. 
    Thank you. 
  • InfiniteChaos
    InfiniteChaos Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I posted in a different thread on IBC... and will go delete that post... I want to confirm here though that in several matches for the current coalition event (TDW) IBC is not working like it did in the past when you have 3 creatures out.

In the past you would get the question on which creature to replace.  Now, the support just goes on the board and the first opponent creature is unaffected or not stolen.

The card does steal the first opponent creature if you have less than 3 creatures out.

Can someone clarify that this is the intended action and the change was never announced, or if it was, let us know?

Thanks
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Another element not working: I stole a creature with IBC, then Greg cast another of the same creature.  I played a second IBC and it did not steal Greg's new creature, it just layered the support on the board and Greg kept the creature.
  • InfiniteChaos
    InfiniteChaos Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    TheDude1 said:
    Another element not working: I stole a creature with IBC, then Greg cast another of the same creature.  I played a second IBC and it did not steal Greg's new creature, it just layered the support on the board and Greg kept the creature.
    Did you have three creatures of your own on the board?  If you did, I think that is the reason it did not steal the creature...
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    TheDude1 said:
    Did you have three creatures of your own on the board?  If you did, I think that is the reason it did not steal the creature...
    No, the stolen creature was the only one I had.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    IBC is so OP for its cost.
    Ridiculous uncommon.

Should be 20+ mana
  • rafalele
    edited March 2019
    IBC is so OP for its cost.
    Ridiculous uncommon.

Should be 20+ mana
    This is not the question in this thread. This is bugs thread.