4-Star DDQ: Spiderverse Crash! Gwen vs Miles

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
5/5/3 Level 287 Gwen

A champed Gwen isn't going to have any problems in this fight. Mine was over quickly. But those of you with an under-covered or under-leveled Spider-Gwen should still have a good shot at this, since denying Miles his colors is as easy as matching Gwen's colors. Prioritize purple, then red, and then yellow. Hold your stuns until there are moments when you can't keep Miles from getting red or purple. If he can't get those colors, he's almost helpless. Try to get your web tiles out so Gwen's red is as cheap as possible, allowing the most casts for your AP.

My token went to the hoard.

Comments

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    actually won with a 3/5/0 Gwen, waited till he got yellow, hit me one of his reds, but managed to get 16 red at the end of all of it, hit em twice, one and done! Got  a yellow cloak and dagger cover!
  • marvel075
    edited March 2019
    As you can see, already beat you to the crash of titans post, i named mine "blue tippy toes VS. "hey..."
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    marvel075 said:
    As you can see, already beat you to the crash of titans post, i named mine "blue tippy toes VS. "hey..."
    It is perhaps understandable that that title didn't make a casual onlooker realize what it was about.
  • marvel075
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:
    It is perhaps understandable that that title didn't make a casual onlooker realize what it was about.
    LOL ik, it would make more sense for people who have watched the movie
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/5 lvl 210. Focused on denying purple and picking up red, and Stunning Miles before matching Web tiles when possible. A couple of Cherry Bombs, and he was out!
    Token was a Drax champ level, taking him to 280 and giving me a 5tarLord cover as well!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where's the forum's favourite thread merger/mover when we need it?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    My SG had been levelled up to 160 but has a 5/2/3 spread so her red nuke was pretty weak. First two times it was close but Miles went invisible and it was curtains. Third time though the purple flowed and Gwen was barely scratched as Miles was stun locked. Tricky.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    marvel075 said:
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:

I watched the Movie. Still didn't make sense to me.

Assuming the Movie is Into the Spiderverse that is.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where's the forum's favourite thread merger/mover when we need it?
    Maybe he hasn't seen it because the post isn't in General Discussion?

As for the mission, it was pretty easy with a champed Spider-Gwen.  It's worth letting Miles collect some yellow, since he is better at creating web tiles with that colour, which in turn makes Gwen's red cheaper.
  • marvel075
    4/4/5 lvl 210. Focused on denying purple and picking up red, and Stunning Miles before matching Web tiles when possible. A couple of Cherry Bombs, and he was out!
    Token was a Drax champ level, taking him to 280 and giving me a 5tarLord cover as well!
    thats dope!
  • marvel075
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:

lol it is into the spiderverse
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged same thread topics together
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tough fight for my 3/2/4 Gwen.
    First try: level 115 - actually got him down to 3k before he went invisible, then surprise punched me into oblivion
    Second try: level 144 - got him down to 6k before dying the same way
    Third try: level 144 - remembered my level 50 Chewie support, equipped that, got him down to 4k before dying by surprise
    Fourth try: level 157- Finished him off with red just before he went invisible - having five attack tiles out helped quite a bit too!

My reward was a saved green cover for Carnage.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Tough fight for my 2/3/5 as well. 

After two losses, I changed tactics and started matching the yellow. I never spent them either, with the theory that they were hurting more than helping, since Miles gets both red and purple whenever a web tile is matched.

It might be different if your Gwen has a good red, but mine was only 3500 or so, making the benefit for reduced cost a minor issue. Far more important to deny the purple and red to the enemy Miles.

With that change in tactics, I won on the third try.
    Token for the hoard.

• DAZ0273
    marvel075 said:
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:

I get the "Hey" reference but not the Blue Tippy Toes one.
  • marvel075
    DAZ0273 said:
    marvel075 said:
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:

cause shes a ballerina and has blue ballerina shoes on so...

• DAZ0273
    marvel075 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    marvel075 said:
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:
    Quebbster said:
    marvel075 said:

cause shes a ballerina and has blue ballerina shoes on so...

Oh right, sorry wasn't the most memorable thing to be honest. I would have gone for "You don't get to like my haircut"