Time to unleash the hoard?

heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
I am very close to my 300 LT hoard threshold, and now I am waiting for those 3 killer 5*s to unload on.  Hopefully I can fully cover the 3 5*s.  I've decided that I will continue to live in 4* land once I unleash and keep the 5*s at lvl 300 or so (see here for how that decision was come to: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76945/what-to-prepare-for-the-300-lt-pull-and-when-to-do-it)

Now that the super awesomely cool 5* Captain Marvel is out, it is the time to UNLEASH THE HOARD!  I mean, Cable, GED, & CM will be the new meta, right?  

Ok, so I don't really think this round of latest will be great, by all accounts they'll be mediocre.  I don't  think waiting around for Carol's countdowns will make for lightening fast node clearing.  Also, GED seems underwhelming.

But what is the consensus among the forums? 

Time to unleash the hoard? 9 votes

Yes, it is worth it to dump the 300LTs for this round of 5* legends
11%
Scuba193 1 vote
No, it is better to wait for something better.
88%
neodukeheybubBlackBoltRocksRichyyyJackDeath666[Deleted User]bbiglerTPF Alexis 8 votes

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    heybub said: I mean, Cable, GED, & CM will be the new meta, right? 
    Maybe! But those three won’t be in tokens simultaneously. Your options are:

1. Cable/Kingpin/Doom (pull now)
    2. Kingpin/Doom/Carol (pull in a week or two)
    3. Doom/Carol/Endgame (pull in a month or so)

I would choose, in order: 3, 1, 2

CarolPin are ridiculously bad for a first time transitioner. I would not pull with two garbage characters. (Option 2). Doom should be good though.

Cable/Doom is better than Carol/Doom in my opinion. But still slow. Doom would tank and fuel yellow for Cable strikes and you’d have two strong nukes (Cable green/Doom black) and a stun. And um... Fisk. (Option 1)

Option 3 involves waiting for Fisk to leave tokens. It also allows you to get another 50 pulls stockpiled as that is a closer estimate to the number needed now that swaps are dead. Hope that Endgame tie in is a mega beast and go from there. It’s a risk though, because if you get another Carol, Wasp, Fisk situation for that third character you might wish you’d of pulled for Cable. And if you wait, you lose Doom. I’d still roll the dice and wait, as nothing in tokens is moving the needle. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I wouldn't go anywhere near this bunch, especially if you're not even intending to fully jump to 5* land. A CP hoard is likely better spent in a special store at some point (there might not be anything as good as the recent Kitty/Okoye/Thor one, but they'll still struggle to be as worthless as the current LT selection). Actual tokens obviously have to be spent in Latests at some point, but if you can restrain yourself (and aren't thinking about quitting the game due to boredom with your current position), Cable/Kingpin/Doom or Kingpin/Doom/CM just aren't worth it. It's really a shame, but we're in a "maybe the next one will be good!" position yet again.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I were you I'd wait until Carol is gone. That'll be a while, but none of the current three or Carol is worth jumping into 5-star land for.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Covering Cable, GEDoom or Marvel isn't going to help you be more competitive and get better placement.  They could be fun to play with, but that's it.  I think GEDoom is upper-mid-tier, Cable and Marvel are mid-tier.  Fatpin is bad, of course.  Busting your hoard now for Cable and GEDoom is risky since Cable may not get fully covered in the next 5 days.  But even if you bust the hoard for GEDoom and Marvel you end up with mid-tier 5*s in the end.  I don't know how much patience you have, but if you want top tier 5*s, then you'll need to either wait for a good one to enter Latest or save up 8K - 9K CP for a good Legendary store.  If I were you, I would keep waiting and saving.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    If I were you I'd wait until Carol is gone. That'll be a while, but none of the current three or Carol is worth jumping into 5-star land for.

Probably right, unless by some miracle one of the next two 5*s has some crazy repeater power.  How long will that be until Carol is out?

BlackBoltRocks said:
    Just need a clarification. Do you have almost 300 LTs, as in exclusively Legendary Tokens? Or is it the equivalent of 300 LTs aka 7500CP? For example, you currently have 100 LTs and 5000CP?

If it's the first, wait for the Endgame 5* to see how many Repeaters that character has.

If it's the latter, i.e. your 300 pulls are split between LTs and CPs, hoard your CP until a good store comes along, like the recent Thor/Kitty/Okoye. I would go ahead and say the current First Steve/IM46/Carol store is light years better than Cable/Fatpin/Doom or Fatpin/Doom/Carol.
    My 300 are split between LTs (165) and CP at ~3200(?).  I agree that the last Thor/Kitty/Okoye store was insane, but then I would need to more than double my CP to 7500 which would take...another year (although I could speed that up by unleashing my LT hoard as i would see some CP from that, but probably not by a significant amount.)

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    heybub said:
    Probably right, unless by some miracle one of the next two 5*s has some crazy repeater power.  How long will that be until Carol is out?
    Assuming the standard release Schedule, Captain Marvel should leave Latest Legends on July 20th or thereabout if I am not mistaken.