Battle of Four Tribes: Part 2

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited December 2019 in Event Details

Battle of Four Tribes: Part 2

"Only members of a coalition can join this event.
Battle for control of Orazca in this new Standard PvE Coalition Event! Achieving victories and completing objectives will help you gain control of the Golden City. Ranking will be based on how close to controlling Orazca you and your coalition are. Get to the top of the leaderboards and receive the best rewards!

During the Part 1, players will face Pirates, Dinosaurs and Merfolk to reach the Golden City of Orazca. While on the Part 2, they will challenge Merfolk, Vampires and a series of puzzles to claim The Immortal Sun."
----------
Event Type: PvE Coalition
Deck Restrictions: Legacy
Rewards
Progression, Coalition
# of Nodes: 3
Initial Charges per Node: 2
Max Charges per Node: 5
Node Recharge Time: 8 Hours

Node 1

Kopala, Warden of Waves - Objectives
  • Win The Fight!
    • Win the fight against your opponent!
    • Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Personal Score, +5 Coalition Score
  • Pauper
    • Win with only Common and Uncommon cards.
    • Reward: +3 Personal Score, +3 Coalition Score
  • Ambush
    • Summon 3 or more Creatures during a single turn.
    • Reward: +2 Personal Score, +2 Coalition Score
Tishana, Voice of Thunder - Objectives
  • Win The Fight!
  • Prodigal
    • Win with only cards that cost 10 or more mana.
  • Spell Caster
    • Cast 3 or more spells during a single fight.
Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca - Rule & Objectives
Special Rule - Both Players

• Win The Fight!
  • Scales
    • Summon 6 or more Merfolk during a single fight.
  • Archmage
    • Cast 3 spells with cost 10 or more.

Node 2

Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle - Objectives
  • Win The Fight!
    • Reward: 250 Mana Runes, +10 Personal Score, +10 Coalition Score
  • Pauper
    • Win with only Common and Uncommon cards
  • Call to Arms
    • Create 8 or more Creature Tokens during a single fight.
Vona, Butcher of Magan - Objectives
  • Win The Fight!
    • Reward: 250 Mana Runes, +10 Personal Score, +10 Coalition Score
  • Sacrifice
    • Lose 4 or more creatures during a single fight.
  • Veteran
    • Cast 3 or more creatures with cost 12 or more.
Elenda, the Dusk Rose - Rule & Objectives
Special Rule - Both Players

• Win The Fight!
    • Reward: 250 Mana Runes, +10 Personal Score, +10 Coalition Score
  • Sorin's Fight
    • Summon 8 or more Vampires during a single fight.
  • Mightstone
    • Cast 3 or more creatures with power 5 or more.

Node 3

Golden Guardian - Objectives
  • Win The Fight!
    • Reward: 300 Mana Runes, +15 Personal Score, +15 Coalition Score
  • Striker
    • Deal 20 or more damage during a single turn.
  • Destroyer
    • Kill 3 or more creatures during a single fight.
Azor's Gateway - Objectives
  • Win The Fight!
    • Reward: 300 Mana Runes, +15 Personal Score, +15 Coalition Score
  • Speed
    • Win the fight within 12 rounds.
  • Weakstone
    • Cast 4 or more creatures with power 3 or less.
Azor, the Lawbringer
Special Rules - Azor Only

Rotates between the following, starting on Turn 1:
  • Azor's opponent's creatures can't attack.
  • Spells in Azor's opponent's hand are disabled until the beginning of Azor's next turn.
  • Supports in Azor's opponent's hand are disabled until the beginning of Azor's next turn.
Objectives
  • Win The Fight!
    • Reward: 300 Mana Runes, +15 Personal Score, +15 Coalition Score
  • Gadgeteer
    • Cast 4 or more supports with cost 12 or less.
  • Call to Arms
    • Create 12 or more Creature Tokens during a single fight.

Rewards

----------
Post your strategies for this event below!

Comments

• fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    wow! mythic bboster!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby I have some concerns with these objectives.  I don't think some of them are going to go over well.

1)  Pauper for Mavren:  Mavren is a fairly difficult fight, and making it Pauper will add a huge challenge to it.  I personally don't mind much, but I have every pauper card in the game and most walkers.  Its much easier for me than for most others. 

2)  Summon 8 Vampires + Mightstone for Elenda:  Really?  8 vampires?  That's a bit much.  Also, there is only 1 vampire in Standard that has 5 or more power at common/uncommon.  All of the other ones are Rare/Mythics.  Not sure that's the best objective combination 

3)  Speed and Weakstone for Azor's Gate:  ARE YOU KIDDING ME.  This has to be the dumbest combination of objectives I have ever seen in any game ever.  You are taking the hardest event fight in the game and forcing players to use 3 power creatures?  It has over 200 health.  It can insta-kill you turn 5.  Please Please Please alert the devs and change this objective before the event runs.  Either drop the Weakstone or drop the Speed.  Please.

Also side note:  Are those different Merfolk objectives than in part 1?  Interesting choice.  I actually like it.
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker

Huh? This game has real problems but an objective encouraging us to use Lena or pirates sure isn't one.  I really hope they don't actually waste any resources alerting anyone.  12 rounds is an eternity.

I, for one, welcome another challenge of needing 300/315.  If I miss it, good, I have motivation to do better next time.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feden said:

Huh? This game has real problems but an objective encouraging us to use Lena or pirates sure isn't one.  I really hope they don't actually waste any resources alerting anyone.  12 rounds is an eternity.

I, for one, welcome another challenge of needing 300/315.  If I miss it, good, I have motivation to do better next time.

I'm fine with it either way. The fight is so tough since the ai can absolutely one shot you at turn 3 if Greg gets lucky that restrictions in secondaries don't matter much.

If you can't go full combo and just blow it away, you'll miss secondaries at that level anyway. You better don't miss too many of them, though.. But I like the challenge.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Mburn7 The Elenda one is "summon" not cast, so I think it's definitely doable with tokens or raising from the dead the same vamp or stealing one of theirs. (We're still all adjusting to the new fixed wording and need to double check things!)  Even just having the Vampire Forerunner in your deck as the only vamp is enough to easily meet the objective.
  • Mburn7
    Kinesia said:
    @Mburn7 The Elenda one is "summon" not cast, so I think it's definitely doable with tokens or raising from the dead the same vamp or stealing one of theirs. (We're still all adjusting to the new fixed wording and need to double check things!)  Even just having the Vampire Forerunner in your deck as the only vamp is enough to easily meet the objective.
    True, but none of those will meet the Mightstone requirements.  So (assuming tokens don't count) you need 2 vampires and 1 big non-vampire (and risk not drawing one of the 2) or one of the Rare+ vampires that are big enough and just running 3 and hoping you draw enough big ones.

If tokens do count you are correct that it'll be pretty easy, since there are plenty of ways to make a ton of vampire tokens while casting other beaters.  The fact that we don't know for sure ahead of time is not great, though.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Note that for weakstone/speed, casting Tishana, voice or thunder or that kind of creatures that get a boost on ETB should work.
  • LeafHedger
    LeafHedger Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I don’t know if anyone else has had this but Azor’s Gateway instakilled me and it didn’t have the City’s Blessing. I’m not sure if I misunderstood the wording or not, but I was keeping it at bay, chipping away pretty well at it, kept it to two creatures with no reinforcements then still got shot dead. The node honestly just seems stupid. There’s challenging and then there’s just plain not fun to play.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Mburn7 said:
    Kinesia said:
    True, but none of those will meet the Mightstone requirements.  So (assuming tokens don't count) you need 2 vampires and 1 big non-vampire (and risk not drawing one of the 2) or one of the Rare+ vampires that are big enough and just running 3 and hoping you draw enough big ones.

If tokens do count you are correct that it'll be pretty easy, since there are plenty of ways to make a ton of vampire tokens while casting other beaters.  The fact that we don't know for sure ahead of time is not great, though.
    Did it with Karn and three matching vampire. Takes a while but wasn't a close match. The key to meet the secondaries are the fetching skills of karn and green. 

Only used Karns fist skill. Works best with 2c-cards. StV fills the cards. 

Well the one MP vampire and two mythic are not common stuff. But I think karn will do with othe vampire too.

This was one of the few easier on this event. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby
    is the mythic booster Guatunteed non dupe?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated to Legacy now
  • Mburn7
    Brigby said:
    *Updated to Legacy now
    Have there been any other changes to it?  Maybe a bug fix or two?
    (I assume the Elenda fight is still bugged, and possibly also Tishana)