So long, farewell Auf wiedersehen, goodnight

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
I've decided I'm done with the game and saying goodbye and leaving my thoughts on why I'm leaving.

Issues leading to me leaving:
  • Despite it being a constantly complaint all the years I've played the insufferable grind and pure amount of time to spend each day is way too high.
  • Another frequent complaint that's never been addressed.  Time slices and inequity they apply to 100% of all placement.  Why bother having placement in such a lopsided unfair scheme?
  • The non-existent end game and how boring the game gets after fully entering 5* territory.
  • The lack of roadmap communication and often communication in general about anything in the game.
  • The seemingly odd design choices that have only been getting worse recently (and lack of any communication on why they made these, maybe there is a compelling argument on their side, but we'll never know!)
  • Supports: Who are they for?  What is their purpose?  Why are they so poorly designed (and have gotten worse rather than better since release)?
  • The lack of innovation in the game design that get's boring/repetitive quickly.  The prizes vs the game play is what keeps people playing, sot that once those dry up in 5* land you start wondering why you play.
I may come back if those changes, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know I'm gonna get hate for posting one of these *shurg*, to those of you enjoying the game in it's current state this isn't an attack on you.  Just leaving some nuggets on the problems that lead me to the door, just in case the devs read it and/or care.

Good luck everyone, it was fun for a while!

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well hopefully you find something more enjoyable to you to fill your time.

Can you at least pop in on support announcements periodically so we know your still alive and well?
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    My gripes mirror those pretty  closely 
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    I hope to see you if/when you come back @broll 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

Can you at least pop in on support announcements periodically so we know your still alive and well?
    I might.  I'm staying in my alliance's LINE and asked them to @ me if something if something of worth comes up. I'll probably check from time to time myself.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    tiomono said:

I might.  I'm staying in my alliance's LINE and asked them to @ me if something if something of worth comes up. I'll probably check from time to time myself.
    It's just not a proper support announcement if you are not there.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    But Broll next month they are scrapping supports and 6* thanos and 7* Hela are released!

Understand your reasons even if I don’t agree with them all  :)
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited March 2019
    @broll as a long time cruiser and recent poster to these boards, I can say your input will be greatly missed. Hopefully we find some reason to pull you back in eventually. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    This game has been stagnating for years. They have a hot property and they've been letting it wither away. The game needs new modes of play where you can use your whole roster, not just the top 5 over and over again. It makes me sad seeing what the game has become compared to what it could've been.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Agree on almost all counts.

Demi/d3 seems pretty well sett in their ways now, so there is little hope for major revisions or big fixes to long-standing problens. And the elder game is glacially slow unless you play or spend very heavily.  It's just too hard to make 5* roster progress while playing at anything less than hardcore or spending at less than "second mortgage" levels.

And adding new 4*s underneath your 5* bench is rarely very compelling.  Maybe extremely good new 4*s like bishop offer some interesting possibilities, but that's about it.

In any event, best wishes broll!

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    6* for 6!  6* for 6!

That will give you enough of a rest to come back full force  B)
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't begrudge anyone that follows my philosophy and gets out when it's not fun.

I will say that the time commitment has been addressed a bit over the years, but certainly not recently. Those 2+hr refresh times... no thank you.

But the addition of Support Circuit also being placement dependent and overlapping existing placement dependent events... it's just not implemented well and it certainly didn't seem that anything changed from run 1 to the current run.

I'm still playing and having fun in my Day 1600s, with a special appreciation for Combined Arms.

I do hope the feedback provided is carefully considered and that veteran player retention is being valued at least as highly as new player acquisition.

Good luck, Broll!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    @broll Does Lawrence Welk mean anything to you?

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sad to see a voice of reason on the forums go.  But, I know you've posted on some of these issues for literally years, and when little to nothing gets done, options are limited.

Best of luck to you.  I wish you all the best.  Have fun out there, and if you find anything cool out on your journeys, pop back and share.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, I used your sig to keep track of how many 4*s there were and when I needed to update mine. I'm going to have to try harder now to remember to update it.  :D

All the best though. Really nice post from @Brigby too. Thats excellent community management.