Prowler not stealing tiles on a Match-4+ [Investigating]

MadScientist
MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
I have noticed that Prowler does not steal fortified enemy tiles if they are matched away via a match-4 or -5.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Are you talking about the tiles in the match, or the ones clear in the row/column?

The ones in the row/column are not considered "matched".
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another fun thing that happens is you only steal the tiles if they're in the same position that they were when you matched them. So if you make a vertical match-4 that includes a Fortified enemy tile, that tile becomes unfortified and then drops to the bottom of the board. If -that- tile (ie, the bottom of the board in the column) wasn't actually part of the original match-4, Prowler won't steal the tile.

Conversely, if you make a match including a fortified enemy tile, and then two other enemy tiles drop down to fill the space left by that match, he'll steal all 3.

It's the same issue that Hair Meddle has. Only the tile positions matter, not the actual tiles themselves.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @MadScientist Is the fortified enemy tile within the 4 or 5 tiles in a row? Like @MoosePrime mentions, the ones that are destroyed simply due to being in the same column/row as a math-4/5 won't cause Prowler to steal them, since that doesn't count as being matched.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I think they are saying a vertical match with an enemy fortified special being part of the match, isn't changing because the tile falls into a spot from the column destruction. The AI doesn't recognize it having been matched because it lands in a spot that wasn't part of the match.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    The fortified tile is part of the match. It is *not* destroyed due to the row/column destruction.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Running Prowler today in DP vs MPQ essential node, against Carnage.

Lots of fortified Enemy Specials on the board.  When I matched, it converted to my tile.  But if it was in a Match 4, it did not convert and remained an enemy special tile
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

Lots of fortified Enemy Specials on the board.  When I matched, it converted to my tile.  But if it was in a Match 4, it did not convert and remained an enemy special tile
    If it's a vertical match-4, as I noted above, it's fairly easy for the tile to drop to a position on the board that wasn't part of the original match, and won't be stolen. The ability basically only steals enemy tiles that are in the position that the match was made, after tiles have fallen.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

If it's a vertical match-4, as I noted above, it's fairly easy for the tile to drop to a position on the board that wasn't part of the original match, and won't be stolen. The ability basically only steals enemy tiles that are in the position that the match was made, after tiles have fallen.
    That's exactly what it was.  I made the match 4, the matched tile fell to the bottom, then didn't get counted.  The position of the tile moved, so it per your comment it wouldn't "count" for the match.  
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    So I guess this is still under investigation? I've had a vertical match-4 where the fortified tile was stolen (maybe it was a match-5 where the resulting crit made a match at the bottom before the special tile settled there, I can't be 100% certain something like this happened), but I've had several instances where I made 2 match-3s simultaneously and the fortified special tile involved was not stolen. I think it dropped out of the area where it was when its match was made, but there was no big cascade involved.
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Came here for this. Having Prowler as an essential against special tile creators makes this problem glaringly obvious... still an issue.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    @StevO-J
    @Rhadamanthus23
    @rainkingucd

We will relay this information to the team. Also, please send a ticket to Customer Support at mpqsupport@d3go.com.

Please be sure to include any screenshots, your Agent Name and any details you are able to recall. This will greatly assist the team in resolving this issue. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a different problem tonight in the Support Circuit node with him.

I targeted him first and after he was downed Flaptain made a match that included one of Grockets strike tiles that
    Prowler had fortified before he died. To my amazement it flipped sides to Flaptain.

Is his passive still supposed to work after he dies?

KGB
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @KGB
    If Prowler is downed, any tiles he fortified remain fortified. But they should no longer be stolen if matched. Are you reporting that his fortified tiles were stolen after he was downed? 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tombstone said:
    @KGB
    If Prowler is downed, any tiles he fortified remain fortified. But they should no longer be stolen if matched. Are you reporting that his fortified tiles were stolen after he was downed? 
    Yes, that's exactly what happened. My strike tile was fortified and when Flaptain matched it, he stole it even though Prowler was already down.

It happened on my 4th clear so I didn't have a chance to see if it would happen again. But when I do my final 3 clears later today I'll be watching to see if it happens again since Prowler will last more than 1-2 turns and thus leave more fortified strike tiles behind after he dies.

KGB
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I think it's now been fixed.... but now if there is a fortified tile on a row/column that gets destroyed with a match 4 or greater then that gets stolen too (if there was a fortified tile in the original match). Personally I find it quite helpful