Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The season rewards support token gave me a rank 3 Chewie, a brand new support. I have Heard the kitty is awesome on Kitty, so I look forward to trying them out together!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Yesterday, at day 1039 in the game, I paid off my last major ISO debt. 

I did it. I'm (kind of) post-ISO.

Except for a few undercovered 3* dupes at Level 40 (which will stay that way until they are fully covered), nothing on my roster needs ISO.

Of course, I'll probably pull since from the Legendary Leaders store, since both FA Cap and IM XLVI are 2/1/1... and Magik will be in tokens soon... but who cares? For now, I'm essentially post-ISO, perhaps my most monumental accomplishment in the game so far. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Finishing 9th in Cosmic Chaos without really trying.  I started my initial clears late, started my final clears early, sometimes didn't do 7, because real life.
    :edit: Slice 5, SCL 8
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    This will be a bit strange in the best of thread but basically I have pretty much failed to get Cable covered. I *think* I have less than a week to go to get 2 covers (could be wrong) before he is gone to Classics and as my highest ever 5* I have depleted all my resources trying to complete him. I might pick up some extra LT's and have another shot but maybe I will now save my CP. Without a feeder, I don't have a plan to finish him and am contemplating switching my BH to GED who actually is probably better, and going back to 4's. This has been a big eyeopener for me - the last few months have probably been the highest production levels for LT's I have ever experienced thanks to max-champing 3* and I'm still not achieving my goal.

That could make some people quit.

However, it is OK.  Maybe the game is trying to tell me that Cable would have been a mistake to champ and having played him quite a bit, that is probably correct. I may get lucky at some later point but time to have a re-think..

Sometimes RNG is on your side even if it looks otherwise.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    My daily reward today was a 5* thanos which gave me a leg token which gave me another cable cover. Decided to open 3 more latest got a domino which I needed as well as my 3rd 5*doom cover plus another cable so only need 1 more cover to champ him
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the first time since she was released, I finally got 2* Carol’s yellow to trigger a match-5 (without having to use it twice back-to-back) in today’s PVE 2* essential.  Having played since before her release, this is kind of surprising given other people’s stories, but I’m glad RNG finally caught up with me.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jumped into Women of Marvel with about 3 1/2 hours left. Planned on just going to 575 and then out, but there was still some time before the 3 hour mark, so I kind of just kept going, and hit 900 in about 15 more minutes without getting hit once. I decided to shield out instead of just leaving it, just out of curiosity as to where that might land my placement.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    In 3* land it was always my favourite thing in wave nodes to use 3* Bullseye and just fill the board up with strike tiles. He needs a bit of attention to set up in wave round 1, but from there you slice through all the later waves. It's very satisfying.
    Today, I was clearing the Honor Among Thieves nodes with Kitty/Grocket and got to the wave node. "Waaaiit", I thought. Do you know what is better than a board filled with strike tiles?

A board filled with strike tiles that Kitty keeps improving here and there every turn.
    Might not strictly be anything special, but that made me smile.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Jumped into Women of Marvel with about 3 1/2 hours left. Planned on just going to 575 and then out, but there was still some time before the 3 hour mark, so I kind of just kept going, and hit 900 in about 15 more minutes without getting hit once. I decided to shield out instead of just leaving it, just out of curiosity as to where that might land my placement.
    Your post reminded me that I had only played the seed teams in Women of Marvel, so I jumped in-game to find myself at 101 points with only 37 minutes remaining.
    Decided to at least try and score the CP at 575, since the last 30 minutes are usually filled with last minute Shield hops and points losses.
    Managed to grab the 900 points R&G cover and shielded out with 4 minutes on the clock. Ended up T50 and scoring a 13th cover for my Flying Sam dupe. 
    'Twas a good day.
  • DAZ0273
    I completely forgot about the Support circuit thingy on Monday's and so when I had a quick look at MPQ before work this morning I was amused to see that it was still available for about 2 hours or so. So I thought I would have a quick bash for a laugh at a low level as I do enjoy the Big Pin battles with the 10 minutes or so I had...I ended up being 1st out of 10...will be amusing to see where I end up for 10 minutes play time!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Seeing Combined Arms on the PvP screen.

Hooray for no GrocKitty + Bishop/Rogue teams.
  • Salacious_D
    Salacious_D Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Grudgingly playing the main hub's essential node of Thick as Thieves and got the standard token. Woohoo. It turned into a 2* Widow. Which got me a Grey Suit. Which got me a Nick Fury. Which got me a new Shield level. Which got me within 5000 ISO of champing Hood, leaving me 12 hours of his PVP with a new toy. Just occasionally the grind gives something back.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Random 20CP in Classics got me a 13th Black Widow cover, making her my third fully-covered 5*! As with Cable, not planning on champing her anytime soon, tho. Single 5* is working out pretty well for me right now.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    So in the offseason I took the advice of a random Reddit player about playing PVP in slice 1 instead of 4 or 5 where I have typically played. I made it to 900 in both Women and Combined.

Today I did it again in Unholy Outlaw. Three in a row now. And the FalCap cover was level 290, so another LL to the hoard. Always good  

Now we'll see how much of this is due to boosted Carol (although she's been boosted before and I couldn't make it), but I gotta say I'm liking this slice a lot better. I didn't even have to shield! 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Three Elite tokens for Alliance Progression in the previous Thick as Thieves node got me five 3-star covers.  Two bonus Psylockes are really helping with her rebuild after my first one got max champed.

The cherry on top is that the personal Thick as Thieves progression token got me a 4-star.  Granted, it was PunMax and not Talos, but that's still nothign to complain about.
  • DAZ0273
    Spent 60CP on Classics got a DD Yellow and Ock Green. Pretty good.

As an aside, I have not in any way been trying to obtain Namor covers (didn't even bother playing to the 4* cover in Thick as Thieves) and yet somehow I have a 0/4/4 Namor. As I'm equally not bothered about Talos I expect him to be champed before I get another cover for Magik who I do want...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    Spent 60CP on Classics got a DD Yellow and Ock Green. Pretty good.

As an aside, I have not in any way been trying to obtain Namor covers (didn't even bother playing to the 4* cover in Thick as Thieves) and yet somehow I have a 0/4/4 Namor. As I'm equally not bothered about Talos I expect him to be champed before I get another cover for Magik who I do want...
    Oh you'll be punished shortly for that build of Namor. Haha
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    With Carol now in Latest and having struck out in her Galactic Warriors store (or whatever it was called) I decided to pull some LT's in hope of getting that one "required" cover for her.

Third pull was a Kingpin, bringing him to 4/5/3... Not that great, but at least usable. But it came with a bonus Okoye, which brought her to a solid 4/4/3 spread! Sweet!

Pull number 8 was a yellow Carol, so that's awesome thing number 2.

Three 5*s in 8 pulls. I'm happy. 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    Only had 20 LL pulls available to try to get a Doom and a Carol this morning.

Pulled a Doom first up, picked up the 3rd colour for Kingpin along the way, and Carol on pull #13.

Satisfaction (followed by 9 x 4* from classics :))