Pink gal vs. Mr. Moonie

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Hah, the quickest match evar! Used boost green/black, matched Chekovs gun, matched three green. Boom! LT was a Cable blue that takes him to 4/5/4. Champion time! (Does anyone have 330000 ISO laying around  :D)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ensign Chekov to the bridge.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Hah, the quickest match evar! Used boost green/black, matched Chekovs gun, matched three green. Boom! LT was a Cable blue that takes him to 4/5/4. Champion time! (Does anyone have 330000 ISO laying around  :D)
     I have almost 10 million and nothing to spend it on, would love to send you some if I could.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    qandols said:
     I have almost 10 million and nothing to spend it on, would love to send you some if I could.
    That's the kindest thought ever, thanks. Maybe some day in the future deals like this could be possible?
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    With a 4/3/2 Gwenpool, Chekhov's gun only does 1200 per shot. 
    I took a 3* Taskmaster Sword and all damage boosts, but couldn't get anywhere close.

Have to deny both green and black, since either one will one-shot-kill Gwenpool.
    Hard to keep that up over the course of a long battle, and I fell to the black.

Don't think there's a better support I can use either, so this one may be out of reach for me.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    FIrst time I tried it with a LVL 282 Gwenpool, it was a very black heavy board.  Six hundred points of protect tiles don't do much when Moon Knight's black does 6000 damage with his black ability.  Twice.

Second time was much easier.  Got the purple, used code 569 to destroy column #5 which contained Chekov's Gun, and then boom.  I decided to cash in this token, rather than save it at the hoard (currently sitting at 75 LT), and was "rewarded" with a Jubilee cover.  That's why I've been saving them, I suppose...
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a pretty nasty fight for my 282 5/3/5 Gwenpool, due to "one of those boards". You know the type - all of your available matches are in a color that you don't need, AND they set up a color you both need for the enemy to make. I forgot how hard that black power of his hit, and I was down to 592 health before I finally grabbed enough green to get the job finished.
    My reward was a Medusa champ level, which yielded another legendary token - not a bad reward for a surprisingly tough fight!
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    188 4/3/2 Gwenpool.
    After an alliance member beat it with less than what I had, I went back in with extra damage boosts.
    +all, +green/black, +blue/purple.

This time I was able to avoid the nukes. Just a matter of having a board with less green/black, and being more careful to avoid matches that might lead to those colors dropping into dangerous locations.

Fired one 'Sploits of random tiles for 3900, but all the rest was match damage.
    Finished with 3500 health or so.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    283 5/3/5, matched some green, matched away the gun tile, buk buk buk, thank you for playing, Mr. Knight.
    Token was a GED black. Pretty good, but I would really appreciate some blue covers at some point.
  • ManoPA
    ManoPA Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Gwen at 2/3/5. Easy win, but with some luck.
    I get almost all green, denying moonlight to create strike tile (he just create one). Use sploits, and she brakes the one exactly that contains the chekov's gun. Then, used her green power and game over to moonlight. LT saved.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    lvl 209 4/4/5, had some rough luck as it took 4 tries to even get the gun matched, but a straightforward match.

Rulk champ level.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think my Moon Knight opponent was hungover or something. He matched my gun for me, it was like he wanted to get it over with so he could go back to bed.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Level 278 Pink Gal

I've honestly never used my Gwenpool outside of any time she might have been essential in PvE, where she would have just been a tag-along and ignored by me. I only recently champed her as she happened to be the next in line (alphabetical) of the remaining few 4-star dregs waiting for ISO on my roster. I remember looking at her abilities once, a long time ago, and getting confused so I had no idea what to do here.

The match went south in a hurry on a green and black dominant board. Moon Knight tagged me with his green nuke and suddenly I was down to less than 500 health, while he still had 13k left. I was doomed. But I also had the green to cast... whatever it is Gwenpool does with green. So I cast it thinking I'd at least go down fighting. Somehow, to my complete surprise, it downed Moon Knight in one shot. I have no idea how.

Token to the hoard, which is going to get pretty big waiting for Carol to leave the latest three.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    5/3/5 Level 278 Pink Gal

I've honestly never used my Gwenpool outside of any time she might have been essential in PvE
    I was doomed. But I also had the green to cast... whatever it is Gwenpool does with green. So I cast it thinking I'd at least go down fighting. Somehow, to my complete surprise, it downed Moon Knight in one shot. I have no idea how.
    Her green is ridiculously good in single-enemy fights. It's normally just OK, because it hits random targets, but with only one possible target, they eat all three shots, which makes it a pretty brutal nuke.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    5/3/5 Level 278 Pink Gal

I've honestly never used my Gwenpool outside of any time she might have been essential in PvE
    I was doomed. But I also had the green to cast... whatever it is Gwenpool does with green. So I cast it thinking I'd at least go down fighting. Somehow, to my complete surprise, it downed Moon Knight in one shot. I have no idea how.
    Her green is ridiculously good in single-enemy fights. It's normally just OK, because it hits random targets, but with only one possible target, they eat all three shots, which makes it a pretty brutal nuke.
    Also, her purple is probably the best targeted board control in the game (along with a perfectly reasonable mini-nuke if you don't care about targeted destruction (679 is oh so fine!)). I think Alexis and I are both Gwenpool fans. :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwenpool is a lot of fun - for what is essentially a "joke" character she hits like a truck and has a puzzle element to all her powers (even the black has the trade-off of airbourne allies).
  • Peaceful_Kaif
    Peaceful_Kaif Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I used my 2-2-1 GwenPool for this.  I got him down to under 2k health three times, but couldn't find the finishing blow.  Frustrating.